Feb 18 Movie The Best Releases: MB-12, 13, 14 and 15

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Sep 12, 2017.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Okay, I need an honest answer since this will be alot of money for me.

I'm getting MB17 Revenge Prime because I missed out on the original Buster. I know you can combine Jetfire with Revenge. My question:

Is it worth getting Jetfire?

2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Damn, i just noticed that revenge prime has the legs unpainted/dark grey as the mpm04 :mad: :mad: :mad: , not even gold acents in the crotch.

item_tf_mb-17_04-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    True as it may be, it's still the reason why the ROTF mold is here at all. That feature just means the inflation can be "justified". The new tooling wouldn't really be much.

You know I honestly expected this when the first MB Optimus came out. I knew it wouldn't be long before we saw that mold again, and retooled to be even more accurate. All the while the MPM mold is also still coming.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the price? Why the hell won't that site display a price if I'm not logged in.

5. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 you're alright, Horseman

News Credits:
    Bruh, as an owner of MPM-4, I can tell you his shade of unpainted grey is not THAT dark. Think of Revenge Prime's dark grey being on par with the Striker, and not on-par with the MPM-4 (much lighter)

And I honestly can't recall the last Takara release where Leader Prime had gold rings. Weren't they always painted silver on the merch?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still say I look forward to what Takara has in store for Movie Best.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'd like to imagine they would rerelease characters like,

M1 Barricade
    M2 Sideswipe
    M1 Brawl
    M2 Fallen

Plus many other surprises. Like Lockdown for example, the new Helmet head and the new weapons. Who knows the other possibilities Takara will be able to do?

• Like Like x 3
  9. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, is this Nemesis Prime a really really dark blue, or is he black. 

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It would really depend on how bad you want it to combine with Prime despite the combined mode being inaccurate. There is a way to configure the legs to retain articulation in combined mode. I forgot how but it's just a matter of swiveling things around, no modding nor disassembly required.

With that said, I got Jetfire in 09 for $30-40+. In jet mode it is HUGE. Even back then it was huge and that's when leader figures were already big. I didn't like how the nose/redone was rubbery. Not a fan of the belts being PVC(you don't really need them for combined mode). Didn't like how the robot mode hangs as kibble underneath the jet mode BUT it grew on me since the gun is in the front and it looks cool that way. It's not a hollow figure and has some weight. Leaders from the past 5 years feel a lot lighter in comparison. Aside from the soft plastic, not much to worry about with regards to durability. Transformation can be annoying since you have to line up a lot of interconnecting tabs like a jigsaw puzzle.

For $40 it was definitely worth it in my eyes 8 years ago. For close to $100 now...... I'm not so sure. If you want it for Jetfire and not just the combining ability, I think it's a good figure. The combining aspect is decent if configured differently(to enable leg articulation) but is inaccurate no matter how it's configured(not sure if that matters). As a standalone figure, the robot mode is cool since it's hunched over and has a cane. The jet mode is bearable if you look at it as a weaponized SR71 meant to stir up the imaginations of kids to encourage them to fly a Mach 3 spy plane with a huge rotary cannon with a small range intercontinental ballistic missle stored in the middle. As an adult I want to fly one. The size of the jet mode was actually shocking to me back in 09 and still is now. If you haven't bought a leader figure pre-2011, it's definitely an eye opener. Aside from soft plastic on certain parts, Jetfire does not feel cheap at all.

If you think the Jetfire figure is appealing on its own, maybe you'll like it. If you get it primarily for the combining aspect, you might be disappointed. Combined mode is pretty sturdy/stable I should add.
    Dark blue, similar to the blue used on the TF1 leader Primes and the DOTM voyager with space cannon

• Like Like x 3
  11. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

I do wish Nemesis Prime was done in the traditional Nemmy colors (black and TEAL, the color of TRUEST EVIL) rather than the muted palette that's just a darker version of Prime's hues. Calibur Prime is an awesome toy, but I don't feel a pressing need to own a slightly differently colored variation.

MB has been lackluster for me - I really want the rumored anniversary new molds instead of repaints of ones that haven't aged well in some cases (my MB Voyager Megatron showed signs of age with several loose hinges out of the box). And, you know, I wish they'd make a Leader Hound instead of the hilariously out-of-scale Voyager.

But uh, considering how poorly the new movie did, I don't have high hopes for next year.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Do you think Movie Best will last for a while? I have hopes for some characters that don't have figures like Sideswipe or Barricade. But I think it would look grim for characters like Jolt or Sideways.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Hard to say. AOE movie advanced lasted from Summer 2014-Spring 2015. With the Bumblebee movie next year, who knows, maybe Movie The Best will last long enough to include the Bumblebee movie figures.

Disappointed war hammer Bee lacks the battle mask. This is a missed opportunity.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    It would also depend on how many new characters are in the Bumblebee movie. From what we've seen from on set, it could be either Bumblebee is the only Transformer in this movie or there were 2 or 3 other cars that might be.

15. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    And...

We're STILL not getting a re-release of Deluxe Leadfoot from DOTM. :banghead: 

Continue waiting I shall...

Am getting that Jetfire & Nemesis Prime no doubt.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Racecars, lasers, aeroplanes!

News Credits:
    FYI, but the Revenge Prime doesn't have the Buster guns.

17. Graeme

Graeme Member

Can anyone tell me if MB-11 prime can combine with Jetfire, or only this new prime?

18. weevil

weevil Well-Known Member

Nemesis Prime doesn\'t like black color.

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    The combined Jetfire shows otherwise

20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Racecars, lasers, aeroplanes!

News Credits:
    And the truck shows that it doesn't.

EDIT: Huh.

Hard to tell from the truck mode. I see it now on the combined mode.

Well, good news for those that want it.