Feast or Famine

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Mar 3, 2011.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    The title pretty much describes my Wal-mart's Transformer section either they have lots of stuff I want, usually when i can't afford to pick up all that I want, which was the case today I picked up Scourge and Thunderwing and had to leave Kup, WFC Soundwave and WFC Megatron behind not to mention the 2 extra scourges i want for the sweeps.

Most of the time its the other extreme nothing new and only stuff i already have or shelf warmers galore.

Its never a happy medium.

Anyone else have stores near them like this?

2. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Have you considered a credit card? You don't need to have the cash on hand. Some stores may even still offer layaway.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My local Wal-Mart is like that. There were a couple of times I went there, and found a few of the TFs I've been looking for amongst all of the shelf-warming ROTF Deluxes. Then, last time I was there, they had absolutely nothing that I was looking for and still had a bunch of shelf-warming ROTF Deluxes.

Basically, I'm just disappointed with Wal-Mart right now.

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Famine here so i just set aside my toy budget for preorders on BBTS most have been filled since i was so sick of the hunt. Did find the last scourge that i needed to have 3 for display. I know it should be 3 sweeps but i got an idea for a display when i have the shelves available.

5. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Mine's a famine followed by a feast of toys I don't want.

6. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost wish I had that problem. At least then I would be seeing some new figures!

All my local stores have nothing new - haven't for months. Target is bare and hasn't restocked and Walmart is full up of older waves that aren't moving.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

My Target is practically empty.

My Wal-mart is very hit or miss. I've been stopping in every few days for a week now since it's very close to where I work and have found nothing, and today I went there and they'd restocked a lot of stuff, and I could only get one figure. I went with Kup.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    My Wal-Mart just reset their Transformers toy aisle - either to make room for Thor toys or what I dunno. Still a lot of shelfwarming HftD stuff, and a couple of Dirges, Red Alerts, and a Megatron from Generations. The Wal-Mart in Killeen supposedly just got Kup and Scourge, but they haven't hit my store yet.

About the only new thing they've got lately is Battle in Space.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I don't have or want a credit card and if i did have one i would not use it to buy toys. As for Layaway Wal-mart abolished it. and the K-mart here is worse than the wal-mart, i do buy online when i can afford it.

My budget is tighter than normal as i am saving up for a new computer as mine is over 5 years old and may as well be a ticking time bomb to die on me.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    Is your Wal-Mart suffering the Tuner Mudflap syndrome?

Havn't been to Wal-Mart in a while. For about a month or so.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

My walmarts are suffering from tune Mudflap and Demolishor. And they are not even clearanced. Talk about bad business sense "lets keep old product that will not sell on shelves instead of moving new product that will sell and make us money".

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    its so dry here we all useing online stores to keep up with the times everything has been put off for makeing way for dark of the moon

so im not puting away money for the dark of the moon toys as past warpath there isnt any infomation

13. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine's getting better. No more Tuner Mudflaps! They all disappeared at Christmas time after being clearanced to $7.

However, they're sitting on wave 2 or 3 of HFTD (Elita, Tuner Skids), and LOTS of Battle Blades Prime.

The last one I stopped at had the Kup/Scourge Generations wave, and the PCC combiners have sold down a lot as well.

So things are looking up!

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it was a nice feast here around christmas when they had an extra display in the aisle of tfs, but then they rearranged (because they sold them, instead of restocking) and the only thing that fits on the pegs now is all the rotf sideways they still have, stupid zellers, can't wait until target takes them over, they fail themselves so often that they deserve it /rant