FE Prime Figs, Seems Supply is High, Demand is Low. Why Still Priced High?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Mar 1, 2012.

1. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is only 1 takara Optimus Prime voyager on ebay so it will only go higher

no supply and its the better prime vs hasbro

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be mad at all. That's like getting mad at buying a toy at retail price and seeing it half off at Marshalls later. Who the hell cares? If it was a dent in my wallet, it wouldn't have been bought to begin with.

3. Zeno4xx

Zeno4xx Well-Known Member

Hell yea, agreed, I paid 86 somethin for Bulkhead, but if I walked into a store and saw em for 20 Id whistle and dance my way up to the register, leastways if he ever breaks I would have a cheap extra.

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why settle? You could buy a FE Optimus for the price of two voyagers - just pass on a "meh" voyager down the road (like PRiD Optimus, for starters... and Bulkhead, for that matter).

Quality before quantity folks.

5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree. I had to buy Takara FE Prime and Vehicon at a significant mark-up. Just chalk it up to the "enjoyment" factor.

After all, you pay for a round of golf, that money's gone forever. That doesn't mean it's "wasted" - you had a great time, right?

Sure, with toy collecting you've got something tangible in your hands, but why not think of it the same way? You've paying to ENJOY the hobby, not just obtain everything you can at the cheapest price possible.

No one will ever enjoy the PRiD Prime and/or Bulkhead as much as they would the FE version - just think of the extra money spent as going towards your happiness as a collector!

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I wish more people saw it like you instead of just turning it into a bunch of negative shit that it's really not, and you're totally right about quality over quantity too. I'd rather have one thing that I want instead of 5 that I don't care about because to me, that's a worthwhile purchase. Anything else is just a waste of money because it doesn't fulfill it's purpose, thus leaving me wanting something else anyway. I've made that mistake in way too often with things in the past (aka, buying something couse tis cheap), and it just becomes a total downer. That's why I have a bunch of shoes that don't even fit right & a closet full of shirts that're too big/too small, or otherwise not even wearable.

7. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I agree 100%. But realistically, you're not one of the people who have been known to complain about such things. You have always seemed to have your priorities straight. My comment wasn't meant to single anyone out. It is just what i think will be a general sentiment by plenty of those who post here. That's all I was saying.

8. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, totally. Good point about clothes, too.

This is a hobby - we're supposed to put money into it, for our enjoyment.

I think many people don't realize, also, that the FE voyagers weren't exactly cheap to begin with up here - $30 plus tax, which usually runs from 13-15% (except Alberta, which only has the GST at 5%), and Canada Post shipping is probably about double what they're used to as well. People balk about paying aftermarket prices for what "should be a $20 toy" - sorry to break it to you, it was never a $20 toy.

We're all guilty of that - after all, everyone wants a deal. I actually passed up Bulkhead at first (one of only two I ever saw at retail) because I thought $30 plus tax was a bit much (I was thinking of getting the Takara version at the time). I was lucky and got another one, but not so much with the Takara versions of Prime and Vehicon - once news spread that the US wasn't getting 'em, prices on these soared as well. Oh well. That's the collecting game. In the end, I'm much more satisfied with my collection though - so it's worth it to me.

I would probably forever be pissed if I had to look at RiD Prime on my shelf, waiting (in vain, probably) for Hasbro to make good on its promise (was it even a promise?) to revisit the FE molds.