FE Arcee vs. RiD Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I just got RiD Arcee today. I have to say, it is a world of difference from the FE Arcee.

First off, there is no way in gods green earth you can call RiD Arcee a Deluxe figure. From a size perspective, she is an inch shorter then FE Arcee.

From a transformation standpoint, it literally takes like 5 steps to transform RiD Arcee, similar to a Scout size figure, if not a legends figure. While FE Arcee was hard to transform, this is the complete opposite. A nice balance would have been appreciated.

In terms of colors, the FE Arcee blows it out of the water. It's like KO color blue in the RiD vs. a nice metallic blue in the FE. From a figure stand point, RiD looks pretty nice, but not as nice as FE (As to be expected).

So while the FE Arcee is a pain to transform, she is a winner hands down. If you can land one for a decent price, you probably want to go with her.

Other things to note:
    - If you have FE Arcee and just want the gun from RiD Arcee, forget it. If doesn't fit her hand.
    - RiD wings are weird. They remind me of Capcom Darkstalkers Morrigan character (Girl Vampire)
    - They kept the pieces that stick out of FE Arcee's leg for FE Arcee's blades. However, nothing sticks in them for RiD Arcee. Thats kibble for no reason, which is pretty dumb if you ask me.
    - The weapon storage for RiD arcee on Alt mode is extremely lame. But this can be said for all RiD's at this point.
    - The gun is actually very nice. It can be held to hide the hand as if it came out of her, instead of something she is holding.

For those that own both, do you agree?

EDIT: This is what I took out of this thread so far. Also went back and looked at both closely in a side by side:

RiD positive:
    - Better Head Sculpt
    - Better Forearms
    - Better playability (Transformation much worse, but this is easier to play with because it is so easy to transform)
    - Better Handling of the handlebars
    - Gets the wings in the correct place
    - In better scale

FE Positive:
    - Better Tailend (sticks up, so it doesn't look like a bee or wasp or something)
    - Better Paint Apps all around (muffler is even painted silver, Blue is the better blue)
    - Better Transformation then the RiD. RiD is overly simplified.
    - Wings better then the RiD (Rid wings are inside out and look like Gargoyle wings. To be honest, if they added an additional fold, like on FE Arcee's wheels, in the wings it would put the wings in the right place, make them smaller and look overall better on the RiD figure)
    - More Articulated (This maybe a tie, but there are more points of articulation on FE then RiD)

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think both are great in their own right but I do give points to the RID version for being a little more show accrate in scale,face,arms and chest. The colors I agree with but maybe the Takara version will fix that. I mean her arms have mor movement as well as her hands. Her wings are in the right place and is not intresive despite beng too large. Her small scale works in her favour because hse's the smallest Autobot in the team. So while it's not perfect it's still much closer to her show accurate height then the FE.

That's my opinon anyway.

3. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

I too think Arcee, and even Ratchet, are really small to be considered deluxe size. My son and I found them at Target yesterday, and he didn't want them because of the size.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I own neither, but I must say that FE Arcee is very tall for a modern Deluxe. Plus PRID's size is better because she's meant to be small. Colors on PRID look better because she actually has blue forearms. She doesn't have a derpy face, her blade is smaller, her wings are actually on her back (making her arms better), her chest is more accurate, she actually has a gun etc etc. From what I see, she blows the FE out of the water. And I'm glad that I will own the PRID one over the FE.

5. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I actully like the RiD version a LOT more than the FE version. I prefer the color, the face, the transformation, the overall sculpt, the gun and the size. I even really like the wings. Come to think of it there isn't a single aspect of the FE version I like better. She's my second favorite RiD figure right behind Wheeljack.

FE is nice, too, just doesn't suit my tastes as well. It feels weird saying that, because I tend to prefer the FE versions of everything else.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I own the FE but yeah the RID version has more points to her. That's why I'm getting her! That and she acutally has blue forearms which is also a plus over her FE version!:thumb 

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hey, so I heard that feedback forum over there is pretty cool.

8. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only real problem I have with RID Arcee is her backpack/kibble. FE Arcee's backpack/kibble is less intrusive.

Also, there is an easy fix posted in the radicons for FE Arcee's "wings" to make it more show accurate.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Ratchet is definitely too small, he comes to Optimus' chest. Way to small. Arcee is the right scale for the show. She shouldn't be a deluxe though. She is almost Windchargers size with an even simpler transformation then Windcharger.

I have no problem with her height, just that she is sold as a deluxe is laughable. I would say you need to also have both to judge. Pics aren't really enough. As I said, she does look good.

Yes, but the feedback forum doesn't compare the two. This is Toy discussion comparing the two. And why does it matter if this is discussed here or there? It is a toy discussion, comparing two seperate toys of the same character.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You COULD compare the two in feedback. I'm pretty sure that's not against the rules.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can compare them if you want to.

You're voicing you opinion on the toy, that's generally considered Feedback.

For those who keep complaining about the size, start comparing them to your Beast Wars or RiD figures. They've only "shrunk" because you're comparing them to a decade of sometimes over-large figures, and now the production is correcting itself back again.

12. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both...and I like the RID version a little better for my collection. I actually like the fact that she is smaller. I like her big @ss gun. I can live with the gargoyale pack and the cheap paint. I like her blue arms. I like the FE version alot...but she is just way too tall. I love the paint on her...but I can't stand that smirk on her face or her the way her chest sits. I love the fe's complex transformation. I love them both...it's tough. But for me, the RID wins with her tiny lil @ss

13. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

If you don't want them you think you can grab it for me? lol

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    First Edition FTW

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    PRID all the way. FE has fucked up face, fucked up colours, fucked up kibble placement.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I just want to confirm something. The size for her does not bother me. The fact that they call it a deluxe bothers me.

For the complexity (or lack there of) and the fact that she is short for a deluxe should make her a scout figure.

Eh, not sure about all that. Face is preference. Color is definately better on RiD. Kibble placement on the RiD is horrible. The fact she has four pegs on her legs for nothing, seems like USELESS kibble to me. No reason for them to be there except if you wanted to use the FE blades on her.

17. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

Do you have the link for this fix?

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oh please. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but she is no Scout. That is something I've heard since DOTM and it is far from true.

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

If I could get FE for normal retail price, I would opt for it. I think I like it more than the RiD. However, due to its scarceness, I am going to get the RiD.

20. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Yeah, RiD Arcee is not even close to scout size in bot mode. Maybe close in alt mode, but she's a motorcycle..