Minor/Repaint: FE Arcee and CHUG Goldbug, super minor mod time

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by glaug, Jul 30, 2012.

1. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Two things I didn't think were worth their own thread. Sadly I've been too busy to finish off the remaining work on several of my other projects, but these two were quick-and-dirty customs that just needed me to take 10 minutes and do a little work.

Goldbug was all done, but I had warped the back canopy, and had been waiting for a "donor" Bumblebee to come my way. He's been resprayed with Gaianotes Gold over a Citadel Black undercoat base, and it's incredibly resilient even without a topcoat. The head and guns are a (EDIT)Growing Pains set, and he has Reprolabels on his chest and for his license plate. The silver parts of the original Classics 'bee were dyed a dark blue. Not as dark as I wanted, but it means no paint wear!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arcee was literally knocking out the pins on the FE toy's wrists, and popping the PRiD toy's hands in there. The balls fit perfectly, and are nice and snug. She can even hold the PRiD toy's large rifle! I might mod the shoulder-wings at a later date, but for now I'm happy with her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. NC Soundwave

NC Soundwave Tactical Officer TFW2005 Supporter

Looks good. I'm looking to do the goldbug swap with my bee as well. How did you "dye" the silver parts??

3. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Basically you can dye plastic using the correct kinds of fabric dyes, RIT etc. Anything that can dye nylon is also capable of dying other plastics, the only problem is that the process involves heating the plastic in question, so it's very hard to do without warping the parts. The BB parts here look okay, but are slightly warped. Thankfully they still peg together okay in vehicle mode.

4. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does the Arcee mod still allow her to transform?

5. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Yes! I don't have any pics, but she transforms just fine.