Favourite Voices Thus Far

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by darksage78, Nov 27, 2010.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Lots of individual character ones but I wanted to get across in discussion which ones were particularly strong in the first two episodes. So here I go...

Starscream: I totally didn't expect to like it, especially since we had SUCH a great job done by Tom Kenny with Animated. From what we've seen of Screamer's character so far, he definitely is different than his previous incarnation. He is definitely in the background when it comes to schemes, he hasn't made anything evident yet bout his thirst for leadership though I'm sure it exists. What makes it particularly surprising was that it was Steve Blum voicing the character. Steve Blum voiced the Green Goblin in the "Spectacular Spiderman" and imo the Gobby flavour that he gave Screamer was a welcome one. I have little doubt that Mr. Blum will keep his great performance up and give us a whole new take on an old favourite.

Arcee: Wow for the most part I've been used to Sue Blu doing this one and I've never had an issue with it despite not growing up with the G1 series itself. From all the characters introduced thus far, I strongly feel she's the most developed so far - definitely hurting from Cliff's loss and Sumalee really carries this in the voicing. Top notch performance. And as such, Arcee is already my favourite character in Prime. Nuff said.

Ratchet: Another character I didn't expect to like cause once again the Animated one was so iconic. It was the only Ratchet I had for reference since I didn't grow up with G1. But Combs gave this character another take on the medic that doesn't care about humans. Obviously this will change over time and I'm interested in seeing how Combs carries the emotion through the voicing.

Jack Darby: Nothing like hearing old Spectcular Spidey himself speak! Took me a few minutes to forget that and accept the new character. But Josh Keaton didn't deviate too much from the Peter Parker voice. Could be a bad thing or a good thing. But I see it as a good thing, Darby for the most part is the confused teen trying to cope with the situation he's been dragged into and that's similar enough to the premise of Parker dealing with his powers. Plus the enthusiasm in his voice really carries through in animation.

Anyway those are just a few of my thoughts on the voicing so far. Loving all the choices. THE ROCK as Cliffjumper was great too but too brief to really comment on imo.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think overall the voice acting cast is greatm but I really want to say how much the kids and Megatron surprised.

They were all voices that I expected to dislike due to past history but the humans are extremely endearing and Megatron is pure FRIGHT.

Ratchet Crombs was pretty good too and Starscream even if different than usual still gave you the Starscream soul.

3. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Uhh, Michael Bay, can you please explain to me why Frank Welker didn't make a good movie Megatron voice? Frank's voice gave me chills last night.

Ratchet really surprised me, as did Arcee. This show has good potential.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Welker probably didn't try that voice during the auditions Autobotic9.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if im not wrong, bay was gonig to ask Frank to Used another tone for megs Voice But he Felt that It could be offencive to frank

6. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one that I'm not too keen on so far is Ratchet. Just seems a bit flat.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Starscream, Peter Cullen will always be a good Prime, and Frank Welker did a great job as Megatron. He probably impressed me the most.

8. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Well in reference to the leaders, Prime just seemed so Prime that it didn't seem particularly breathtaking. Though I do have to agree with the sentiments of Megatron's voice. It absolutely does sound frightening and sets in well with the aesthetic of the Decepticon base and his design of course.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought ratchet stole every scene he was in. he was funny, even his sigh makes me laugh.

it's starscream and megs that hasn't grown on me yet

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Jeffrey Combs is amazing.

11. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I have uploaded sound clips for every character in the show to the page in my sig!

Also added 5 of the voices to their Voice Compare!

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my only complaint is that in some of the older clips, there are voices of other characters mixed in, for example animated bumblebee in bulkheads clips. it gets really confusing in animated cliffjumpers clip. and wfc arcee is a bad recording. other then that i like the side by side comparisons each with their own pics. like clicking the pics to see what other characters the actor did

13. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Thanks! Yeah, I have discussed the whole - eliminating other characters voices with the other admins so we will see!

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I go with

Jeffrey Combs with his Sarcastic Ratchet, Steven Blum's badass and sinister Starscream and I also love the new take on Megatron's voice. Now this is what Frank shoulda did back in G1.

15. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Frank Welker because of his new take on Megatron and Jeffrey Combs for adding that comedy.
    But Cullen is always amazing.... No matter what!

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Megatron,Starscream,Bulkhead

I kinda get that feeling.maybe it's because I was used to animated ratchet's voice so much.it just sounds kinda weird now .maybe I'll grow up on it

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Blum's (who I would remind is far more memorable and notable for other roles such as Cowboy Bebop's Spike, than the Green Goblin) Starscream was absolutely incredible.

Welker also managed to greatly improve on his Megatron, though I do like the cold and calculating voice we got in Animated, this one definitely serves the more beastly Megatron we have here.

Really diggin' Combs' Ratchet as well, looking forward to more there.

The humans were not as bad as I expected (both as far as their characters and voices), I can dig 'em so far.

And of course Cullen's Prime was..just Prime.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

+1

The highlight of the show for me.

19. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I gotta say, never been all that impressed by Dwayne Johnsons acting... he's always been good to look at. But I thought he gave Cliffjumper alot of character. Shame he couldnt be in the series alot longer.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

These are pretty much my personal favorites as well. Well them, and Peter Culen as Prime. But then I'm a Culen Prime fan boy, so I may be a bit bias on that.

I like what Welker did in G1, but his new vocie sounds like the natural progression of his Megatron voice. Much in the same way Cullen's Prime voice has aged.