Favourite Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I know this thread is made countless times over and over but I made it again. So what is your favourite transformer(s)? and why?

Im going to have to say Grimlock, Why? There is just somthing about grimlock that makes him awsome, I cant put my finger on it I just like him. If you guys find or make any auctions for the G1 figure tell me. I really like the way my favourite artist (Don Figueroa) has made grimlock look in his past incarnations. I really like the teeth on the helmet. I especially like this http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1187571750_donsgrimlock_523.jpg

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Favorite transformer was always Soundwave. Favorite Transformer toy was Cassetteman. Why, my first transformer was Cassetteman. I could not afford Soundwave and as I mentioned he was my favorite. I got Cassetteman at a flea market and played with him so much I think when I finally lost him he had a broken door, and 1 hand but I loved him to death, (literally). Now that I can afford collecting, I have every G1 Transformer made and my boxed Cassetteman is my prized possession. If you get the chance you need to read the back of the box for Cassetteman, it's great.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    -

PROFILE LIARS.

Mine is G1 Optimus Prime. I can't really explain why. I just love that figure.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Difficult question, I've always found it hard to pick one, so I never have. But favourites include:

Jazz - everything James Bond wishes he could be with virtually none of the ego.
    Huffer - he was my first Transformer, so naturally I've got a soft spot for the little griper.
    Soundwave - Just because. He's a guy who knows how to get what he wants, and has all the tools he needs - sharp intelligence, a brilliant command of language, telepathy, brute force and combat skill, and the ruthlessness required to use them all.
    Buzzsaw - He always got the short shrift, hardly ever appearing in the cartoon, in favour of that overgrown chicken, Laserbeak. But he's a far better partner for Soundwave - he's intelligent and ruthless, with powerful weapons and a sharp eye to aim them... and he's an artist! What's not great about that?
    Skywarp - Because he's fun.

5. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    How Im talking character not toy. It is my favourite toy I loved it to pieces literally, it died I need to buy a new one.

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    With thousands of toys and tons of reboots for each character, it's impossible to narrow it down. I always loved Hot Rod/Rodimus for his personality and look, and the same goes for Starscream. There's no toy of either that I don't love (Energon Rodimus is a weak link, though)

As far as figures go, however, Doubledealer has always been a favorite of mine, and since I snagged a diecast Predaking on Friday, I've grown really fond of it. Also G2(Laser) Prime, RID, and Cybertron Primes, as well as Henkei Megs and Screamer are some others that get me all hot and bothered.

Once I get my hands on some Animated toys, my views are bound to change.

7. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I know I cant wait to get my hands on animated grimlock!

8. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Starscream G1: best there is, was & ever will be! (although animated has lots of promise)

Honourable mention

Prime G1: Peter Cullen was my TV dad
    Soundwave G1: all kinds of awesome
    Rumble: "no one calls Soundwave uncrassimatic" nuff' said
    Grimlock is super cool too.

Favorite toys I own: MP Optimus, G1 Devastator, reissue Soundwave, Cybertron & classics Starscream, & altenators Optimus & Deadend

Altentaors Deadend restarted my collection & obsession w/ Transformers and he was the first in my new collection. I didn't save any from my youth, my Mom either gave them all away or threw them out. I had so many great ones from G1 it makes me drop a tear in my beer whenever I think about it.:( 

9. Pitts S-2C

Pitts S-2C Member

Rippersnapper - Just always loved the figure as a kid. I cant really explain it - we like what we like.

10. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

My favorite transformer toy is railracer. My favourite transformer character is
    Jetfire of dreamwave. Shout out to the DON the best transformers artist on the planet

11. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Which one was rippersnapper?

12. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

I'm gonna have to agree with a lot of you and say Grimlock ('cause you bastards just gotta make me pick only one, dont'cha).

I can only guess why I've always liked him since I was a kid. Probably because I've always been fascinated with giant robots AND dinosaurs (Godzilla too - and I remember going mental the first time I saw Mechagodzilla). Grimlock is just such a wonderful combination!

Gotta say that I've always preferred him in dino mode though.

13. Crystine

Crystine Decepticons Forever

News Credits:
    Cannot pick just one.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I can never name 1 transformer, not because I am naturally indecisive (ok maybe a bit) but because there are simply too many that I like. With that said here are some of my faves:

Favorite Gestalt: Predaking (doh)
    Favorite 'Con: Soundwave
    Runner up: Shockwave
    Favorite triplechanger: Blitzwing
    Favorite 'Bot: Grimlock
    Runner up: Hot Rod
    Favorite Predacon: Rampage
    Runner up: Megatron (yesssss)
    Favorite Maximal: Rattrap
    Runner up: Dinobot

15. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Starscream.
    Especially Armada Starscream.
    Then they ruined him in Enegon and Cybertron
    Ah well...Animated, G1 and Movie SSs are all good.
    Why?
    Treacherous bastards.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Look at Pitt's avatar - that's the fella. He's one of the Terrorcon limb bots.

17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Black Convoy-Sama!

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

well mine is TFTM landmine i love the seats and the working shocks and the realistic gun and the down right awsome articulation then it is wreckage great articulation and really awsome weapons the vehicle mode could be better but still my fav

19. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

i'm going to have to say big daddy lol just cuz the name lol

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sky-byte.