Favourite Toy Finds Story

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Autovolt 127, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I saw one on seibertron.com I so Thought We should have one

For Me It was Classics Cliffjmuper and ramjet At Toys On fire 2 weeks ago I found Not only Classics Cliffjmuper But ! count them 1 Ramjet i Bought Both of them and some others too This was 2 weeks ago so remember they were Candian Packaging so They were the real deal

anyone Living Barrhaven come to toys on Fire Ottawa to pick up One of many Classics Cliffjmuper

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    OK, got a classic one for you, from back in the day.
    It was just before Christmas, the year Headmasters came out in the UK. Me and my friend Paul were in Woolworths (UK store, for those who don't know) looking at toys. we got to the Transformers section, and there was Scorponok in all his badassery. We stood there drooling at this £32.50 figure, wondering if we could somehow persuade our parents to get them for us.
    That's when we noticed the pricetag. Someone had missed off the 3.
    They were priced at £2.50.
    We both ran home and ranted at our folks. VERY shortly afterwards we were back down there with our parents. Woolworths tried to weasel their way out of it, but my Mum wouldn't take no for an answer; "they're priced at £2.50, so that is what we will pay. Here's £5, we'll have 2."
    And so we both got Scorponok for £2.50 :) 
    Fast forward to about 2002. Over the years old Scorpy's taken a battering; Lord Zarak's missing an arm, the chrome is pretty much gone, the stickers are screwed. I get a phonecall outof the blur, from a friend of mine who is at a car boot sale (kind of like a garage sale type of thing). Someone there has a MIB Scorponok for £10. So he picks it up for me.
    I sold my old one for £50. So basically I ended up getting G1 Scorponok for free, and making £37.50, over the course of about 15 years. ;) 

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *conjures up his best horrible English Accent*
    Bloody hell!!

...or something like that.

Cripes and I was happy when I got my MOSC G1 seacon Overbite from England for $36.30 US, shipped.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Draven, that's one of the greatest TF bargain stories ever. Love it.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I picked up a G1 Complete Bruticus on eBay for 80 CAD shipped.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Back in the day called the 80s, they did these cool things where you could collection points off packages and send them in for more toys. (Pretty cool idea huh?) Anyway, I collected and collected and finally got the points to get myself a Wheeljack. So in all my glee, I sent them things away and weeks later I got a box. I was so excited.

So I open it and there he is. In all his white, red, and green glory. But wait, these was something else in the box. I pull it out and there is a Mirage in there also. To this day, I have no idea how he got in there but I still have him proudly displayed on my shelf.

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I guess I've got two, though, not nearly as cool as Draven's or Wreckgar's.

A little over three years ago, I was in TRU checking out the clearance aisle and found a BW Transquito. I know, he isn't the coolest TF, but I couldn't believe that I had actually found a 6+ year old toy on the shelf. The second was when I found a reissue Starscream on clearance at TRU two years after they sold out in the first place (not sure about other areas, but the SS reissue sold out quickly in my area and never returned).

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I guess for me it would be when I found the Prime reissue at TRU. I had over the last few years started picking up a TF now and then when I saw a new one that looked cool. I of course grew up with G1 and had no idea that reissues were starting to come out. I almost crapped my pants when I saw it and my wife thought I had lost my mind. That one figure started what has become quite an expensive hobby.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

A very long story made short: got a minty-fresh 100% complete Omega Supreme (only missing box, stickers, foam, and instructions) locally for $25!! My best find EVER!

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

An almost complete, dead mint Computron box set for $50 in an Ebay BIN. It was only missing three guns, which I picked up for really cheap to complete the set. The figures had no stickers applied either, but I got some reprolabels for it. Still my best find ever and I don't suspect I'll ever beat it.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's awesome. My grandma took me to a Woolworths to look at parakeets , but instead came home with a G1 Megatron.
    I miss that store, it has'nt been around for a long time. Not sure if they're still in the UK though.

12. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

About a year ago I found a Powermaster optimus Prime on ebay with a starting bid of $15 It was missing a black gun. so I bid and won it for $15. At botcon I picked up a Black gun for $5

This thing is tight and the sickers are in very good shape.

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found a Metroplex about 97% complete, Matsushiro Jetfire complete, Shockwave and Soundwave missing some accessories on ebay for about $75 for the lot. That's probably the best thing I've gotten TF wise.

Other than that I found an ML 1 Iron Man for $1.50 when ML1 was still the only series on the shelves.

14. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I'm friends with one of those guys that would always get a ton of toys for his birthday/Christmas and never played with them. Well, the day he moved out of his parents house he told me to come take all his old Transformers. He gave me damn near ALL of the 1984-1985 line and most were MIB. About 10 years before that I had given him dozens of 1970's "Kiss" posters that had belonged to my uncle and since my friend loved the band, I gave them all to him. He remembered that and returned the favor years later.

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I found a minty reissue Toyrus Optimus Prime for only $20.00, at local comic book place.

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Pretender Bludgeon on Ebay with a BIN of like $22 circa 2000ish (I remember because he also had CR window box OP with a low BIN; which I got too)

Bludgeon came with the wrong outer/large gun however (I later figured out it was Horri-Bull's).

A year or two later, the correct large Bludgeon gun showed up by itself on Ebay. No BIN, starting bid of $2; I put in a bid of $5 and came back close to the end ready to duel to the death to make sure I won. Nobody else bid. I got it for the initial $2. Boom. Complete Bludgeon for <$25 not counting shipping.

17. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    When I went to TRU for the third time (in my whole life) I had saved up a big sum of money and went on a TF shopping spree.
    I saw a TF Cybertron display stand with deluxes and a couple of kids near it.
    In the distance I could make out the conteurs of a autobot/decepticon logo and immediatley recognised the cardback, I litterally ran the rest of the way and snatched the last Sideways :D  I turned around facing the shelf and found a energon Ironhide on discount, he went into the baskett to, Sideways was my holy grail of TFs at the time and Ironhide was a toy I had wanted forever.
    Lets just say I was very very happy when I tried to get the baskett flooding with TFs to the counter!

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing to do with rarity or bargain-hunting:

Somewhere before Christmas '85, I stumbled upon the Superion giftset at a Sears (back when Sears still was worth a damn for carrying toys). Bear in mind, Aerialbots hadn't appeared on the cartoon yet at that point, so these guys were totally new to me. My child brain was all "HOLY CRAP an AUTOBOT GIANT ROBOT! and they're PLANES!!" (I like planes). It was instantly the coolest thing that ever existed since the dawn of time. I didn't get it, because it was expensive, and I was a kid. My campaigning was not lost on my parents though, and you can bet Superion was under the tree for Xmas. (so you could say I got it for free :)  )

19. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

$5 G1 Optimus Prime (missing 1 fist)

Didn't have a trailer, but he was my first G1 toy since I got back into collecting.

20. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    One of the best finds I have gotten was a happy accident. I won a G1 prime with trailer for like $30. Well there was this thing I couldn't identify in the picture, I was kinda frustrated because I am pretty good at identifying parts. Well I get the package open it up and lo and behold the thing I couldn't id turned out to be 2 jetfire gun clips tucked together. I was a very happy camper with that one.