Favourite TFilm conspiracy theory?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Favourite TFilm conspiracy theory?

1. Sector Seven/Project Iceman (TFilm)

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Ancient Transformers on Earth (ROTF)

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Decepticon spy ring (DOTM)

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    My vote goes to the first film. It’s a crucial element in setting up the Transformers as a credible threat to the world, and gives them a reason for being on Earth rather than the simple “Decepticons invade to destroy/conquer, Autobots arrive to defend the Earth” motive.

TFilm1 had a great setup: the teaser trailer was in the form of a top secret transmission that foreshadowed the Transformers’ arrival on Earth. Later on, the film revealed Sector Seven, a MIB-styled organization that focused on the study of extraterrestrials (which in this continuity is Transformers-only material, since they’re the only aliens to have hit Earth so far), as having in their possession a frozen Megatron (aka Project Iceman) and the AllSpark cube (which was definitely a surprise).
    It stands to reason that the Transformers could not appear on Earth and be totally hidden from humanity. There must have been evidence of their existence/appearance somewhere, enough for an agency to keep track of any related occurrences. Sector Seven works well as a plot device that weaves together the search for the Allspark, the military/government angles (S7 itself as a govt. agency dealing with issues like this – they located and secured Project Iceman and the Allspark) and the Witwicky family connection (Archibald discovered Megatron, got his glasses engraved with the Allspark map), having it all culminate in Megatron getting loose, the Allspark getting evacuated to Mission City and the inevitable showdown that occurs there between Decepticons and Autobots/humans.

ROTF had a great concept: Simmons was inspired by Project Iceman to search for other Transformers hidden on Earth, and came across possible identities the Seekers, the Fallen’s servants. What killed the concept was that his idea was turned down (Sector Seven had a Transformer in their own basement and nixed the possibility of others on earth? How stupid is that?), and the fact that it was only treated as a minor plot element that was brought into the film at a later stage.
    It could have done more plausibly: ex-agent Simmons continually tries to join NEST with his claims and evidence of past Decepticons, but is rebuffed in favour of dealing with present ones. This would have more smoothly led into the search for the Seekers, as well as provide a chance for more of them to appear (maybe Jetfire leads them into Operation Firestorm for one last fight against their former master or something).

DOTM had my least favourite conspiracy theory. It was just too different from the other two films (and creates some obvious plotholes), and it served no purpose other than being the half of a long-forgotten-but-now-revived plan? Yeah, see how that goes. Besides, Decepticons don’t need spies – they ARE the spies, as robots in disguise.

2. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

To be honest, the first film had the most believable, IMO. ROTF was okay, DOTM's was so-so.

3. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

In hindsight, they are all kind of...poor.

Sector 7 are a bunch of goons. Ancient Decepticons would be more known by the general public I believe, especially if stuff was recorded. Spies...meh.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I like all three, myself. I find the first one to be the most original, though.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    DOTM.

6. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

I'm not sure why Con spies would have let Megatron stay frozen that long with the cube right next door, but I'm all for ancient aliens influencing cultures and languages world wide.

7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I like all three but picked Sector 7 because I feel it was the best fleshed out and utilized in movie.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Before the first film came out there was a Sector 7 ARG on the internet, which I unfortunately think is now long gone, but the premise of it was that someone was leaking information about the Transformers, and while it did give some insight into what the films were going to do, it was notable in that it was set in the real world. The coolest conspiracy it put forward was the idea that Transformers, the toyline, was made as a way of covering up any evidence of the Cybertronian's existence by dismissing it as development for children's toys and video games by Takara.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Definatly the Space Race in DoTM.

10. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I like all three conspiracies. The ones used in ROTF and DOTM were the most interesting to me and I enjoy watching programs about these conspiracies. I think the one in the first fillm was the most original though and made sense within the context of the plot.

11. MonsterMode2011

MonsterMode2011 Monster

What about the Space race conspiracy? I like that one the best!

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The space race is a joke. All that happened in DOTM was that a bunch of spies were employed on both USA and Soviet territory to cover any trace of Sentinel’s Ark on the Moon. The GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY story was a much better conspiracy, at it tied Apollo 11 with a secret space mission that led to the Autobots and Decepticons coming to Earth in the first place.

13. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    love 1 and dotm!

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    The first Transformers film for sure.

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I like all three, but my favorite was the cover-up behind the Apollo program. I always loved space travel as a kid, and a trip to KSC in May of 2010 (to watch Atlantis take off) rekindled my liking of it.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

For me, I love the whole Decepticon spy ring from DOTM, but I also love the Sector 7/Project Ice-Man from the first movie.

ROTF's conspiracy theory, while it sounded cool, just wasn't properly thought out in my opinion.