Favourite human character?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hailmegatron, Apr 24, 2010.

1. hailmegatron

hailmegatron Member

So we all go on about how much we hate the kids in Transformers...but are there any human characters you actually like? who's your favourite?

I like Sari (Animated) a lot. She's probably my favourite. Maybe it's because she doesn't have any annoying friends so it's easier to like one little human. But she actually is funny and can be useful too.

I actually like the Cybertron kids. They seem to have more personality than lots of the other TF kids. At first I found them annoying but they grew on me.

Spike (G1) is definitely one of the least annoying kids, but you often have to wonder why the Autobots let him come along and get into danger. I also don't mind Chip or Carlee. There were also some good human characters in various episodes, like when Cobra Commander was in one :) 

As for the movieverse - I've only seen the first movie, but I will be seeing ROTF soon (as a TF fan I must, despite all the horrible reviews). But I definitely love Sam, Shia Laboeuf is awesome. Mikaela was good too.

Ah, the Armada kids...Ok, all five are pretty stupid, but I do like Alexis. Maybe that's because she shares my love of Starscream.

And RiD - Koji seems pretty unremarkable, so I'm pretty indifferent to him. I haven't finished this series yet though.

And the absolute worst TF human has got to be Energon's Kicker!!! OMG this guy is aggravating. And Misha isn't that great either.

That's all the TF shows I've seen, besides Beast Wars and Beast Machines, which of course don't have any kids :) .

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This topic has pretty much been discussed, but it's not worth reviving all the old threads pertaining to this topic.

Anyways, my favorite human characters are...

G1 -- Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Chip, and Daniel

Animated -- Sari, Professor Sumdac, and Captain Fanzone

Movieverse -- Sam, Lennox, Epps, Simmons, Maggie (07), Glen (07), John Keller (07), and Mikaela

Haven't seen RID, so I don't know what the humans are like in that series.

I've seen portions of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. In Armada, I can only tolerate Rad and Alexis to a degree, I absolutely couldn't stand the human characters in Energon (especially Kicker), and in Cybertron I liked all except for Bud and the parents.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ah but they do. Well Beast Wars does anyway...

That will sound REALLY strange if you haven't seen it. :D 

4. hailmegatron

hailmegatron Member

well i guess if you count the ancient proto-human thingies...lol

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd say Sari because they went out of their way to make her a little girl. Sometime with Transformers they want to make the kids small versions of adults so a kid that talked and thought like a kid was rather refreshing.

For the movies I'd have to say Sam because he's just enough of a loser that you can relate to the poor guy but not such a loser that he gets annoying and in the way.

Guess I'd throw in Lennox and Epps as well since the actors manage to make them fun characters. They manage to go back and forth between action and light hearted in a way that works really well for an action film.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall, even though he's horrible Latino stereotype, Raoul from the G1 'toon has to be, hands down, my favorite human TF character ever. His back-and-forth with Tracks is still, to this day, the best human/TF interaction ever depicted, IMO. Easily he's TF's least annoying human character.

No, seriously.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah I was all ready to swoop in an prove you wrong by coming up with a better example... and I can't.

How sad is that?

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Clearly the best character(s) was the great double act Lord Chumley and Dinsmoore.

9. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Gregory Swofford and Jessica Morgan's dad...they nearly committed genocide by releasing The Hate Plague (TM).

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My favorite human is definitely Sari, especially in season three.

11. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

"Human germ!"
    But I'd say "Old Snake" was my fav and Sparkplug wasn't too bad.

12. Tuxedo Mark

Tuxedo Mark Well-Known Member

G1 cartoon: Carly, Astoria Carlton-Ritz, Marissa Faireborn, Jessica Morgan

G1 comic: Jessie

RID: Kelly

Unicron Trilogy (so far): Alexis, Misha

Movieverse: Sam Witwicky, Michaela Banes, Glen Whitmann, Bobby Bolivia

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My favourite is one man... alone... betrayed by the country he loves.

14. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Animated had about the most fun human cast of any series. I didn't really dislike anyone from that lineup.

Chip ftw (G1)

Movie-wise? I liked Sam's parents in the first movie, hated them in the second, and I liked ONE MAN in the second movie.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Professor Princess! LOL!

Nah, I think i'll go with Captain Fanzone. Such a funny and quirky law-enforcing character. He was so much fun to watch. And it's interesting that for a guy who 'hates machines' so much, he got on alright with the Autobots. Says alot about the goodness of his character.

But seriously, the TFA human characters were miles more enjoyable than the humans of any other previous series. And I think that's down in part to how light-hearted and humorous they were often taken.

You couldn't hold anything agaisnt Sari for long in seasons 1 & 2 coz she was just so darn adorable, cute and fun, but she got genuinely serious, scared and apologetic when her friends were in trouble, when she lost her dad and whenever she made mistakes. And when she matured in season 3, after her initial scare with her upgraded powers, she did act more mature and wasn't a hinderance on the Autobots.

Aside from the TFA humans, I would probably place Koji from RiD in second fave human place. He was, quite simply, just not an annoying kid character like the others from the A/E/C trilogy. At least he had the sense to stay out of the Autobots' way as much as he could when they went to battle the Preds and 'cons.

I also think Lennox and Epps are cool soldiers. And Sam's the inner geek in us all.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Captain Fanzone, Sari, Spike, Sparkplug and Agent Simmons.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated: Sari

G1: Spike

RID: The girl who kept having her cars trashed.

BW/BM: None. I hated those cavemen kids.

Armadaverse: Fat Freddy. The kid just made me laugh. I loved doing immitations of him whining for food.

Movie: Sam's dad. Made me laugh.
    Simmons was funny in ROTF but I didn't like him in the first one.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 Spike and Animated Season 3 Sari are the best. Worst? The Armada children.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like grown up Spike in G1.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I like Koji, the trio from Cybertron, and Sari before she became a walking deus ex machina.