favourite and least favourite comics currently?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by monkeydluffy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

so which comics are you guys enjoying the most right now and which are you not enjoying but cant help but buy/read?
    I'd have to say for enjoying:
    Green Lantern Corps
    Ambush Bug
    Invincible Iron Man
    No hero
    All Hail Megatron
    Detective Comics

and least favourite
    Deadpool(i look forward to it but im usually quite disappointed)
    Batman(didnt enjoy RIP much at all)
    Secret Invasion(just not into it)

i'll probably remember some more for both later

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Favorite:
    Green Lantern
    GLCs
    Captain America
    Ult. Spider-man
    Fables

Least Favorite:
    Pretty much everything else...why I don't buy them anymore lol.
    well, except for X-Men Legacy and Uncanny X-Men. I buy those out of loyalty and really can't stand to read them.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm only actually buying two US comics and four manga series right now, but counting those and stuff I dropped recently...

Favorites

- Green Lantern Corps - Interesting cast, vital role in the ongoing GL-universe storyline, excellent writing, great art and out like clockwork every month.
    - Fullmetal Alchemist - Starting to lose track of some characters, but I'm enjoying the steady pace of revelations.
    - Parasyte - A little slow in Volume 4, but the latest was a big improvement.
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion - Has turned out much better constructed than the anime.

Least Favorites -
    - Hellsing - Started out strong, but has been too quick a read in the last few volumes. Just about done, IIRC.
    - Green Lantern - Least favorite of the two monthlies I buy, largely because of the delays. When/if the schedule gets back on track, it'll be back in my 'Favorites' list.
    - Final Crisis - Dropped, but keeping up with spoilers online.
    - Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds - Dropped because of excessive delays. I may keep up with spoilers online, if the next issue is ever released.

4. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Favorites:
    Archie Sonic
    Punisher War Journal
    Captain America
    Invincible Iron Man
    (Not including manga as the list would get ridiculously long.)
    Least Favorite
    Nightwing: Blah blah angst angst emo emo
    Sonic X: Too kiddie. Ironic since late in the series the Sonic X anime gets incredibly dark. I just read it because It's staggered mid month between updates of the now awesome Archie Sonic.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Favorite:
    Green Lantern - I think it's the best book out there right now.
    Action Comics - This is the best Superman has been, possibly ever - at least while Johns and Frank were on it.
    Justice Society of America - This is another good Johns book.
    Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds - Delays aside, it's George Perez doing the Legion(s) with Johns writing; doesn't get any better than that. I guess it's safe to say Geoff Johns is my favorite writer right now.
    Ultimate Spider-Man - It's a better Spidey book than any of the 616 books and has been since the first issue. I do miss Mark Bagley's art though.
    Star Wars: Legacy - This book is awesome, it's as simple as that.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Joss' official 8th season really reminds me how much I miss the show.
    Angel - I'm not enjoying this book as much as I am Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I like the character and am interested in where he's going.
    Transformers: All Hail Megatron - I need a Transformers fix and this does it pretty well, although I'm disappointed in how quickly they tossed aside everything Furman had been working on for the last few years just to tie into the Classics/Universe/Masterpiece toylines.
    Final Crisis - The delays and changes in the art team and the last minute editorial mandates are ridiculous, but as a DC fan, I'm intrigued as to where this is going.

Least Favorite:
    Secret Invasion - 7 out of 8 issues in and I'm still waiting for something to happen.
    The Brave and the Bold - I enjoyed it immensely while Perez was drawing it; I'm not sure why I still get it. Now that I think about it, I'll probably drop it.
    Justice League of America - I rather enjoyed the first couple of arcs of this series, but the Justice League hasn't really been good since the Morrison/Porter days of JLA. I have no interest in the upcoming Milestone crossover, so I'm probably dropping it.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Favs: Green Lantern and friends, Ultimate Spidey, and the IDW stuff (but I mostly wait for the trades, so I am way behind).

Least Fav: I gave up on Amazing Spider-man long ago, same with JLA. Anything else was a miniseries of some kind.

Hyped for: Flash -Rebirth, Blackest Night.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  7. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

FAVES

Green Lantern (despite the recent retcon of Hal's origin, Emerald Dawn is still better, GL has yet to let me down)
    GL Corps (damn good arcs there and i get to see my other fav GLs..... and for some reason Kyle)
    World of Warcraft (i play the game and now im seeing how Varian Wynn got home.)
    Fantastic Four (with the team behind Ultimates, the good runs, on board its been a nice fun ride thus far)
    Looking for Group (webcomic farce that started as a WoW parody but evloved into something more. Ive been getting the collected comics as they come out)
    Hellboy (nuff said... its the freakin Red Monkey!)
    Transformers: All Hail Megatron (loving it)
    Star Wars Legacy (damn good art and damn good stories)

LEAST FAVES (most ive cancled on my comic pulls)

Transformers Spotlight Sideswipe (he had what... 4 pages total?)
    Spider-Man titles (One more day blew... pass until reboot)
    X-Men titles (some parts good but mostly crap... pass until War of the Kings)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

From my monthly stash:

Favorites:
    Fables - DC Comics/Vertigo - Best title i buy, only title i get the trades too
    Jack of Fables - DC Comics/Vertigo - It Jack of Fables, not as great but still better than most
    House of Mystery - DC Comics/Vertigo - Really awesome for something not Superheroish
    Air - DC Comics/Vertigo - Really awesome for something not Superheroish
    Justice Society of America - DC Comics - Johns, Ross...awesome. Plus JSA > JLA
    X-Force - Marvel Comics - Great Team, Great Writing, Best Warren ever
    X-Factor - Marvel Comics - Great Team, Great Writing...though sucky artists
    Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds - DC Comics - Best FC Title
    All-Star Batman & Robin - DC Comics - Best Batman title, and he's the F'n Batman
    Green Lantern - DC Comics - Blackest Night
    Green Lantern Corps -DC Comics - Blackest Night

Least Favorites:
    Exiles - Marvel Comics - I really like this team but Claremont needs to go
    X-Men Legacy - Marvel Comics - Worst X-Title ever, waiting on next arc to see if its a keeper or not