Favorite Voice Actors for Bumblebee and Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronus the Fallen, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For Bumblebee, I really don't have a favorite. But for Starscream, it was hard to pick a favorite but I like Daniel Ross (Transformers The Game Xbox) and Steve Blum. Idk what I like about Daniel Ross's voice but I guess it would be that it makes Starscream seem cooler. Steve Blum's voice I've always loved. His voice always makes me uneasy and I just love it.

So what are your favorite voice actor for these two?

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Bumblebee I prefer Johnny Yong Bosch
    Starscream meanwhile I prefer Michael Dobson.

For me these two shall always be the definitive voice for Bee and Screamer, I like other works like Tom Kenny and Steve Blum for Screamer and Will for RID15 Bee but those two, man I want to see them return to voice those characters.

3. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Bumblebee - Dan Gilvanzen
    Starscream - Tom Kenny or Chris Latta (with an honorable mention to Doug Parker for doing an excellent Latta impression in Beast Wars)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bumblebee: Dan Gilvanzen's

Starscream: Steve Blum's

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Bumblebee: Bumper Robinson or Will Friedle
    Starscream: Steve Blum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I gotta admit I've become partial to Friedle and Blum myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    I have a soft side for Friedle's Bee because I'm a fan of Batman Beyond, but he's not one of my favourites. By the time Prime Bee got his voice back, he was one of my least favourite characters in the show.

Dan Gilvezan and Bumper Robinson are my faves. Both are charming but one is cute and the other is entertaining, while still being enjoyable despite how obnoxious he can get.

As for Starscream, personally, there really is only one voice that fits the true leader of the Decepticons.

Latta is funny as hell, and Doug Parker did his best to imitate him. He didn't come close but he was still fun, and same goes for Scott Whyte. Charlie Adler does a great but not a particularly spectacular job, especially since in the first movie he didn't really sound like Starscream, more like a constipated General Grievous, which was still cool I guess.

Steve Blum is... Steve Blum. He's just using the same voice he did with Violator in the Spawn game and Green Goblin in Spectacular Spider-Man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    These IS only one Starscream voice...and it's Chris Latta. All others are imitations...and Dan's Bumblebee is the best!

It's all subjective.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Will Friedle is easily the best Bumblebee for me. I do like Dan Gilvezan's, Johnny Yong Bosch's, and Bumper Robinson's versions as the character, and heck, while I didn't think it fit, I didn't mind the idea of a British Bumblebee with Mark Ryan's oh so brief performance in the first movie, but Will Friedle just owns the character. I never had a problem with Bumblebee being mute, but when I heard those first few lines of dialogue from Friedle's Bumblebee, I was sold. (It didn't hurt that the lines spoken were so awesome.) Ever since, he's just proven again and again why he's a very fitting choice for Bumblebee. He does the humorous lines well, he's amazing at the serious lines, and he just has so much personality in his voice that just fits the character perfectly.

As for Starscream... Ooh... Tom Kenny, Sam Riegel, Charlie Adler, and Micheal Dobson all gave good performance, but it ultimately comes down between Chris Latta and Steve Blum. Given the choice between my favorite version of the character and the traditional voice... I have to choose Latta. Steve Blum's performance was perfect and just oozed Starscream's character, but Chris Latta had such a unique voice that just cannot be matched. Latta's high-pitched voice for Starscream just fit the character so well, and he hit all the right notes, whether he was petulant, sarcastic, boastful, or sadistically gleeful. It's a tough call, but much like Friedle as Bumblebee, Chris Latta's performance as Starscream just cannot be matched.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Bumbleebee: Dan Gilvezan
    Starscream: Chris Latta, Tom Kenny, or Steve Blum

• Like Like x 1
  11. BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV

BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Bumblebee: Dan Gilvezan
    Starscream: Chris Latta

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee - Will Friedle

Starscream - Tie between Steve Blum and Michael Dobson

13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Latta and Friedle.

Dr Smoov does an amazing impersonation of Latta

• Like Like x 1
  14. GaryTheNeutral

GaryTheNeutral Beast Wars Connoisseur

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    For Bumblebee, Johnny Yong Bosch sounds more for the main character role like in Prime/RiD, IDW, and the Cybertron games. Gilvezan or even Robinson sound more like for the side-character role like in the G1 cartoon and Animated. So my vote goes to Bosch.

As for my favorite Transformer, Chris Latta did a pretty good job in G1. Doug Parker did a good close enough impression of him even if it was just his Terrorsaur voice. Michael Dobson I felt captured the emotion and honorable warrior. Tom Kenny was great as Starscream in Animated and was hilarious at times. Steve Blum, though just re-using his Green Goblin and nearly all his other villain voices, was fitting for a menacing Starscream. Charlie Adler, good voice but was really wasted like the character was in the movies... So I think Dobson, Kenny, and Blum are good for the role and Adler should get another shot but get more focus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody doing Starscream's voice who is not Chris Latta is simply not Chris Latta. I will admit I enjoyed Steve Blum's performance. But he wasn't Chris Latta.

But for Bumblebee, I actually have to go with Bumper Robinson over Dan Gilvezan. Animated Bumblebee was SUCH a character. SO good. He actually became my definitive, preferred take on Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Johnny Yong Bosch for Bumblebee. I just love the youth and energy he puts into the role, while not being as extreme as Bumper Robinson. Will Friedle is OK, but he's never really given the chance to put much energy into the character. Honestly, I've never cared for Dan Gilvesan's voice for the character. It just sounds... Odd.

Steve Blum for Starscream. His voice is strangely nice to listen to and he just emotes so much. It really fits Screamer's slimy personality and is just fun. Latta and Kenny are too high pitched and annoying, IMO. Adler was great when he had good dialogue, but that wasn't often. Daniel Ross was good, just not as good as Blum. Since his voice is less creaky, he's my go-to voice for G1 Screamer in comcis. Dobson was as decent as he could be in Armada and that's the only version of Screamer who I like a growly voice for.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Bumblebee - Dan Gilvezan, Will Friedle

Starscream - Chris Latta, Charlie Adler, Steven Blum

• Like Like x 1
  18. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Chris Latta will always be *THE* Starscream for me, although Kenny is certainly not bad either :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Dan Gilvezan for Bumblebee.

Chris Latta for Starscream, though I do like Steve Blum's take on the character.

• Like Like x 1
  20. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Bumblebee will always be Dan Gilvazan, I haven't heard a decent Starscream in a long time.

• Like Like x 1