Favorite Voice Actor dialog with himself

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Sep 24, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Beast Wars fan, especially any scene where Scott McNeil is talking to himself. (Actually that reminds me, I want to do a Scott McNeil tribute video of all the moments of him just talking to himself in Beast Wars.)

So I was thinking... what are your favorite Voice Actor talking to himself moments in Transformers. This is of course meaning an exchange of dialog between two or more characters in any cartoon who happen to be voiced by the same actor.

That could be Optimus Prime talking to Ironhide. (Peter Cullen, G1)

Megatron talking to Soundwave. (Frank Welker, G1)

Rattrap talking to Dinobot, Rattrap talking to Silverbolt, Dinobot talking to Waspinator. (As mentioned above)

Megatron talking to Shockwave. (Cory Burton, Animated)

Starscream talking to his clones. (Tom Kenny, Animated)

I wanna say Tarra Strong but I can't think of a moment when any of her characters from Animated were in the same place.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scott McNeil! How could one not like Rattrap and Dinobot going at it?!

3. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Scott McNeil is the best at talking to himself. I've seen clips of him at conventions where he switches between different voices likkity-split, making me wonder how many of Rattrap and Dinobot's arguments were all done in one take.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm just re-watching Beast Wars at the moment and some of the Rattrap-Dinobot stuff is absolute fried gold. I'd say there's no-one better at that sort of thing than Scott McNeil.

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    No one is better at this than Scott McNeil.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Scott McNeil. Any other answer is wrong.

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:

Not exactly at the same time, but Tara voiced both Strika and Red Alert in 'Transwarped', during the same scene.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Scott McNeil no doubt.

The only other voice actors who ever have done this has been Frank Welker (Mostly G1 Megatron and Soundwave) and David Kaye (TFA Optimus Prime and Grimlock)

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Scott McNeil of course, but as a very close runner up, David Kaye with Grimlock and Optimus in Black Friday.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I realize this wasn't in-fiction, but David Kaye is freakin HILARIOUS at conventions. I wish I could go to these conventions (I live in TN), but I see videos on Youtube depicting situations such as Treize, Megatron, and Sesshomarou arguing about using the bathroom, and Animated Prime vs BW Megatron playing golf.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go Scott McNeil as well.

It's almost too bad Seth Macfarlane isn't involved with TF shows (voicing as opposed to writing/directing) as he's done a lot of different voices, and frequently argues with himself on his own shows.

12. SaberPrime

Oh yeah except Strika and Red Alert didn't exactly talk to each other. They were just in the same scene so no dialog exchange between the same actor.

Also as mentioned in my first post. Peter Cullen has several scenes of Optimus Prime and Ironhide talking to each other. One of which is at the beginning of the movie. It's not exactly the best scene ever, it's like 2 lines, but still it's Petter Cullen talking to himself.

Plus any scene with Starscream and clones is all Tom Kenny. Though he does the same voice for all of them so not the best example. He does talk to himself allot in that OTHER cartoon sense he plays nearly the entire cast. I could see him doing more with Transformers in the future.

13. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I'm bucking the trend with this by saying I like Tom Kenny's Starscream and clones best. Scott McNeil did a great job with Rattrap and Dinobot, but the voices were so distinct to me, I could't tell they were the same actor or not. Tom Kenny's voice being the same for all of them just made it funnier for me.

14. SaberPrime

I never thought I hear anyone say that not being able to tell that two characters were actually the same person could be a bad thing. But this topic is just favorite moments of a voice actor talking to himself, I never said they had to be using different voices. I do rather enjoy Tom Kenny as the Starscream and clones because the dialog is funny as hell but that's not really his best work when he has to give them all the same voice. I kinda wish they weren't clones so each of them could have a distinct voice and still be able to get the funny dialog in.

Oh and Megatron talking to Shockwave over the communication system had an added bonus of Cory Burton talking to himself while being in two different places at the same time. Megatron/Corry Burton on Earth and Shockwave/Cory Burton on Cybertron.