Favorite Transformer of 2007?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dreweido, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

Masterpiece Wal-Mart Starscream but if it does not count, I will then pick Darth Vader/ Death Star

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Alt Jag Ravage

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

MP05 Megs =D

Wow never realized so many people liked the ML Soundwave, I might have to pick it up if its that great lol

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have both Blue & White, both are full of win!

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

MP Megs

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

WM MP SS
    Movie Leader Prime
    Movie Wreckage(and I'm in the process of turning him into Eva Unit 01)
    Movie Megatron
    Ultimate Bumblebee(aww, yeah, I went there)

7. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Hard to pick one. Probably my fav is masterpiece SS, then Best buy Megs, and any of the G1 deco. Love the old school. Wish G1 deco SS had a better robot mode though.

8. juanster

juanster New Member

LEADER CLASS PRIME
    VOYAGER IRONHIDE
    DELUXE BUMBLEBEE08

for me :rock 

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

mp megatron, us mp ss, leader prime.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Alt Hot Rod.

11. Firecracker

Firecracker Born in a wind tunnel

News Credits:
    Why No Love for Real Gear Spy Shot? He oozes personality, is well articulated and has something we don't see much in figures: asymmetrical transformation. Win.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry but what's ML Soundwave???

13. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Voyager Ironhide.

...and Babywave.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Music Label (also known as MP3) Soundwave

I'm glad Best Buy Megatron is recieving at least some love.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Now there's a surprise. :rolleyes2 

16. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, it's time for my my favorite list of the year. Actually, It's a little early this year. Not only was I in great anticipation to compile it but as far as I suspect, no new Transformers will be released before January or at least I won't be able to find them before then.

This was actually one of the harder lists of the past couple years. This year we saw the end of Alternators, some real odd ball products, and the movie toys. So, I had a tough time organizing the top ten but I feel satisfied that I got it right.

So, without further adieu:

10. Revoltech Convoy - This is probably the coolest non-transforming Transformers ever and it wasn't made by Takara or/Hasbro. This little gem by Kaiyodo is as articulated as Convoy can get and I love that the design closely resembles Pat Lee's Transformers style.

9. Sports Label Nike Convoy - This one is on the list not because it necessarily has the coolest robot or alt mode but because it had the most unique one. I think it's important to see other ways Transformers can be done. Now, I can't say I a m a huge gym shoe fan but the overall presentation of the little shoe in the shoe box packaging made me smile.

8. Alternators Ravage - You better believe if it is an Alternator and it came out this year (only 2 1/2) it is on this list. Alternators still put all other Transformers to shame with the realistic cars and fine details. Ravage was definitely unique for this line as the Jaguar car turned into a robotic Jaguar. I can't say aesthetically this is my favorite Alternator but I love the variety it gives to the collection.

7. BT-18 E-Hobby Mirage - Trust me, I really wanted a regular die-cast Binaltech version of the regular Mirage and it most likely it would have been number one. Nevertheless, I like the idea behind this E-Hobby limited edition. A transparent Mirage does not only make sense for the character but looks damn cool! Again, this adds a nice variety to my BT/Alt collection and at least shows that there is still an interest in the line. Maybe 2008 will bring me my die-cast version of Mirage.

6. Movie Voyager Class Starscream - I will not lie, like many others, I dislike the overall aesthetic of the movie character designs. Not because they don't look like what I grew up with, they just simply aren't that unique and appealing to look at. However, that wasn't going to stop me from checking out the toys. The Voyager Starscream is not only an incredibly fun toy but looks very close to its source material. After transforming him about a dozen times, I was able to separate the Starscream I grew up with and this new bug like creature. Ultimately, it is the fun factor that got him on this list.

5. US Masterpiece Starscream - I confess, this Wal-Mart exclusive is far better than the original Japanese MP Starscream and it's not because I'm a G1 purist cause I'm not but the red, white & blue colors and more durable plastic makes for an all around better toy. I look forward to the Japanese version of this US paint job. I assume they will eliminate some of the awful overdone smoke marks and lack of little detailed paint applications that were missing. Maybe he'll be on next years list.

4. Alternators Rumble - Can I love this line anymore? There were many refreshing factors to Alternators Rumble: He was designed to be a Decepticon first, he was a basic car (Honda Civic) and he had chrome pulverizers for hands. This feature was actually a deterrent to many fans. Many transfans would have preferred regular hands. However, again, I think it added a nice distinction for the Alternators collection.

3. MP-05 Megatron - I admit it, I am not that much of a Megatron fan and never really have been (unless you include Beast Wars Megatron). I thought the original toy was frumpy and did not convey the leader of an evil organization and ever since, few versions have convinced me otherwise. However, the complexity of the Masterpiece Megatron shows what he should have looked like had the technology been available. He is large and much more menacing. What kept him from the number one spot though is his over-complex transformation and lack of weight. I would have preferred a little more die-cast metal. Otherwise, this is the best Megatron to date and probably the best we will ever see. Oh, and he makes a great counterpart for the Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

2. MP Skywarp - I may get a lot of criticism for this one because this is generally a repaint of the Starscream Masterpiece. However, Skywarp has always been the only seeker jet I cared for and there are some definite improvements from the first MP Starscream mold including: plastic quality & different Facial expressions. The black, purple & silver just go together so well that it reminded me of being a child and laying my eyes on this awesome robot and jet for the first time.

1. Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime - When I first saw pictures of this toy, I was less then enthused. I didn't think it looked like it does in the movie, it looked too thick and overall didn't seem worth the money. Then, I bought it and discovered the most fun I had with a Transformer in ages. Yes, he doesn't look exactly like the movie graphics but I'm not even sure that is necessarily a bad thing. This toy is so entertaining. The transformation is smooth, the light up features and sounds work great and he includes many little details. This toy wins best Transformer of the year because this is the kind of toy that if I was an eight year old boy, I would never forget it and would most likely try to hunt it down on Ebay twelve years later after my mom sold it at a garage sale when I was in high school. Make sense?

Honorable Mentions: As I said, this was a tough list to make and some other Transformers that almost made the list are: Music Player Soundwave, Leader Class Movie Brawl, Real Gear Spy Shot, Deluxe Movie 2009 Camaro Bumblebee & Real Gear Meantime.

http://primetoystore.com/Toys for%.../ramblings.htm

17. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would put down 08 BB for my favorite. With MP Starscream a close #2, but because I'd seen his mold before, I feel the honor should go to a new mold for 07.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Would have to think of what my fav toy would be but it would definitely come down to MP Skywarp, Movie Ironhide, Binaltech Rijie, and Movie Leader Prime.

QFT! At least I made $25+ selling it so it wasn't a complete waist.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Encore G1 Convoy. :) 

For new molds, I'll say movie Voyager Prime. Longarm, Blackout and Leader Brawl were cool, too.

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Favorite? well I gotta say there is one item that almost daily gets my son (1 1/2 yr old) to come into my office and point/grunt to play with. It's the Optimus Prime Voice Changer. He busts up laughing every time he hears the transformation sounds and loves touching the forehead where the speaker is. So although I got it more as a whimsical item more than anything I ended up buying two! one for me and one for him. So my sons happiness is my happiness and there ya go.