Favorite toy company

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LegendAntihero, Nov 15, 2011.

?

What's your favorite toy company?

1. Hasbro

56.0%
  2. Mattel

8.0%
  3. Takara

16.0%
  4. Bandai

36.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

What's your favorite toy company? Hasbro, Takara, Mattel or Bandai?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Mattel are the baddest-asses.

Nah but seriously, Hasbro.

3. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Max Factory > All.

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    No love for Kenner or Fisher Price? For shame!

I don't think Fisher Price made any TFs, but let us not forget the wonderful people who brought us Beast Wars - KENNER - the people who really did care.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    There is a distinction between Bandai USA and Bandai Japan which are, for all intents and purposes, separate companies as well.

6. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Where's Yamato? The poll is obviously missing it.

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    My wallets hates them, so that means I love them, Bandai gets all my money these days :D 

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    hasbro and bandai japan

bandai america is bad enough that its worth making a distinction between the two, at least it isn't as bad as mattel

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Out of those given, Hasbro. But where's LEGO, Mega Brands, NECA, McFarlane, etc?

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

With Transformers,Star Wars,Marvel Universe,and Iron Man....it's gotta be Hasbro for me.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    easy, Hasbro followed by Bandai...

of Japan

and the poll def needs companies like Lego, NECA, Mcfarlane, Yamato, etc...

12. Blurrz

Blurrz Jägermeister Sensei

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bandai all the way baby

13. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

You forgot Max Factory. And Konami.

Out of the four you said, Hasbro, for obvious reasons, but I also like Bandai, as they're the only company I've ever bought from that I actually see revisions being pumped out from. Many times I've seen a flaw in a kit from Bandai, and then the next release fixes that flaw, while improving other things as well. I point to the HG 1/144 00 Gundam kit as an example. The original release had blue parts on the swords that wouldn't fold down all the way due to a notch in the hilt. Later releases had a little groove cut into the blue part to let is slip past the notch, fixing the aesthetic issue and also the tendency for the blue part to be knocked off the kit. Wish Hasbro would do that kind of stuff more often (though I credit hasbro with making MechTech deluxes have little pieces on springs inside the port, which cover the hole when the weapon is removed). I see many figures in the Movieverse line which are improved versions of figures from past movies (I'm looking at you Bumblebee and Prime), but the fact it was spread out over three lines kind of ruined for me. Still, Hasbro gave us TF's and that nets them first place for me.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bandai Japan for me because not only do they have a wide range of product that appeals to me but I agree, they keep improving their reissues.

I would have chose Hasbro as no.1 but IMO they really dropped the ball with Marvel Legends. I know its been a long time since they took over the ML line but its something I can't overlook. Other factor I took into consider are the prices...they're tiys aren't cheap in my country and the QC can be shabby. For example, Marvel Universe.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Going with what is listed, I'll go with Hasbro. Had it been on this, I would had went with Lego instead.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    My Young Justice Aqualad figure's leg broke off out of package yesterday.

So Hasbro.

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro because they seem to be the nicest to fans on the American side of the Pacific. Your mileage may vary, but I feel that time and time again, they've listened to fans more than is economically profitable for them.

Giving us fans' lines like Transformers Classics and Star Wars Fans' Choice and giving us characters that no kid would want to buy like Yarna d'al' Gargan and Willrow Hood shows that.

They also know how to balance kid and collector appeal with toys like the AT-AT, the Ultimate FX Lightsabers, and the gigantic Galactus and Sentinel. They even bring over expensive collector figures like the Transformers Masterpieces.

Finally, though I can't say much about this aspect, I think I can say that Hasbro is generally very open and welcome to fan communities, encouraging fan events and tolerating some of the shenanigans. They've been quietly ignoring (though I'm not sure how much longer) third part products for Transformers. Hasbro has been a bit more lenient than is expected on fan videos and even downright rips of their shows on Youtube like My Little Pony. They play along with some of our jokes, such as adding JaAM to Universe Hot Shot or the occasional Aurebesh jokes in Star Wars toys. I mean, why else would Hasbro pick random background characters that became internet memes for their upcoming waves of My Little Pony Toys? They've also given us fan events such as Transformers Hall of Fame.

Even aside from all this fan-pandering, their toys are usually top-notch and of great design. Their collaboration with Takara has done wonders for Transformers, and do a great job for their other lines too.

Really, I simply love Hasbro.

My second vote will go to Bandai. They have some of the best designed toys I've ever seen, and they're usually solid and of high quality.

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro is responsible for some of my best childhood memories and some of the coolest stuff I own today. How can they not be my favourite?

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Pre-Bayformers, I'd say Hasbro. But if it weren't for CHUG, I wouldn't buy any Transformers.

Today it's all Mattel for me. MOTUC, Ghostbusters, and DCUC. Though it's an entirely love/hate relationship.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

No Lego? Well, sorry, can't vote then.... I'd only be voting for my SECOND favorite toy company.... :)