Favorite TF Series Finale

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Sep 21, 2010.

?

Favorite Series Finale

1. G1's "Rebirth"

7.9%
  2. BW's "Nemesis"

33.3%
  3. BM's "Endgame"

9.6%
  4. RID's "Galvatron's Revenge" and "The Final Battle"

0.9%
  5. Armada's "Union" to "Mortal Combat"

10.5%
  6. Energon's "Spark" and "The Sun"

0.9%
  7. Cybertron's "End" to "Beginning"

10.5%
  8. Animated's "Endgame"

26.3%
  1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    A while back, I asked what your favorite premiere episodes were, now it's time for the finales.

My favorite is Cybertron's "End" to "Beginning" due to the fact they had some time to say good byes as well as a two whole episodes in sopping the problem and the antagonist unlike most of these other finale where the final episode's just 15 minutes of fighting and five minute of just resolving everything.

Second would be Beast Machines' Endgame due it being epic as the series it was concluding.

Third would Armada's Alliance to Mortal Combat which felt like the Marvel Comic's big battle against Unicron.

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a toss-up between Cybertron and Animated for me, but Armada gets an honourable mention.

3. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know most of you don't like it, but my fave is G1 Golden Age of Cybertron.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I really like Animated Ended with the Cybertronian Autobots was shocked went Omega Supreme is still alive.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I am a major G1 fan but I have to give this to Animated as Rebirth left me wanting more rather than giving a proper close.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd have to say Cybertron. Wrapped up the story quite nicely with more to be left open. Although Beast Wars and Animated were quite close.....but Animated technically didn't end where it was supposed to.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats because "The Rebirth" wasnt intended to be a CLOSER or a series finale.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Machines had the most satisfying ending, IMO. Lots of tension built up over the series, and through its history in Beast Wars, and it brought it all to a close in an epic, grand-scale battle between Megatron and Optimus Primal.

I hate Animated's, because it means it ended :( . That, and it's not really a great series finale, because there are too many questions and plot threads left hanging. Epic season finale, though.

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Huh, thinking about it, I'm not really impressed with most of these. Rebirth was way too overstuffed trying to show off all the Headmasters and such. BW's ending was alright but I wouldn't say it was my favorite. Ironically enough, even though I didn't really care for either Series I liked the endings to Armada and Cybertron. I guess overall BM would be my fav.

10. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Victory

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can I opt for G1's return of Optimus prime?

really it felt like the natural end point to G1 with a kind of unsteady peace between the two factions based of Galvatron and Optimus's mutual respect signified by their hand shake and roddie and kups little conversation. It would also set up BW rather well since it starts with an unsteady peace.

but apart from that I'd say its Beast machines or Armada with Cybertron having an interesting end mostly due to the massive brave series homage.

12. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    beazzzzt warzzzz and then rebirth...or animated. i would say bm but rat trap really ruined it for me.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Beast Wars had the perfect ending. So much action and drama in it. The fight between Depth Charge and Rampage. Tigerhawk taking on the Nemesis in a hopeless one bot stand to give Primal time. TM2 Dinobot turing on Megatron for one final honorable moment. Megatron and Optimal Optimus fighting inside the Nemesis. Then when it all seem lost and Megatron about to destroy the Ark, Rhinox flies an Autobot shuttle into the Nemesis.

Then the past was saved, Megatron was capture, Maximals returning home, and Waspinator was happy at last.

14. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Beast Wars definitely had the best conclusion.

15. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nemesis by far. As stated, it really and truly ended the series and tied up pretty much all loose ends (and would have been totally wound up if they showed the scene returning Megatron's spark). It was just all sorts of epic. There was an overwhelming sense of urgency in the episode, and it really I thought gave a great sendoff to both Depthcharge and Rampage. The coda with Waspinator was priceless too.

Animated would have been a close second though. I definitely feel that the ending was rushed far too quickly, and way too many loose ends were left open. For the amount of notice they were given, and the amount of time they had, they did the absolute best they could do. I think if they had been given a few more episodes to really end things, the last episode would have been so much more rewarding. The scene were Prowl dies gets me everytime when he smiles to Jazz.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rebirth was utter shite, even by the variable standards of G1. Animated gets my vote.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rebirth felt like a poor ending to me - I didn't get to see it until I rented the three-parter on VHS in 1991, by which point I was more than familiar with the Marvel comics Headmasters origin, which I found vastly preferable to a planet inhabited by a small handful of ugly green humanoids, and climbing into detached heads which have suddenly gained the ability to transform. The Return of Optimus Prime felt more like a fitting ending.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars: Nemesis parts 1 and 2

I still rank this series finale above all other TF finales and several other live action sci-fi show finales.

BW finale > Star Trek: TNG finale
    BW finale > Star Trek: DS9 finale
    BW finale > Star Trek: Voyager finale
    BW finale > Star Trek: Enterprise
    BW finale > Babylon 5 finale

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I also thought Return of Optimus Prime was a better conclusion to the series. It just seems like a way to end the show, with Prime and Galvatron at ease for now, and Prime back as leader. It just seems satisfying.

Beast Wars' ending pretty much did a good job of wrapping up two of the plotlines - Depth Charge and Rampage's rivalry and Megatron's attempts to erase history were finished. Just shovel in the scene of Primal putting the original Megatron's Spark back in, and it's all good. Though we can safely assume they did so anyway off-screen. But I think I prefer how it has Primal and the Maximals saying it's over, and immediately cutting to the Shuttle taking off. But anyway, the epilogue with Waspinator is priceless.

Beast Machines had an absolutely EPIC ending. Millions of Vehicons versus several Maximals, and it's like an actual battle - the tide will turn back and forth. And that is probably what I've always wanted from a battle - thousands of tough, smart generics versus only a small group. This allows for more epic battles and it was a nice ending for Cybertron as a planet. And Cheetor completely comes of age as the new leader of the Maximals, after starting as a disobedient turd in Beast Wars so long ago. And of course, "WASPINATOR NEVER GET WHAT WASPINATOR WANTS!!!"

Cybertron is probably the best ending. It wraps up the characters' storylines, sets up a future that should be left to the imagination. I was satisified by the ending of the series that somewhat made up for Energon.

Animated... well, it felt rushed. I loved the series, which was the best since Beast Wars... but they should've had at least two more episodes to end it all. Sari's origins were still unclear, Wreck-Gar, Slipstream, Soundwave, the Constructicons, and the Dinobots were still on Earth, and Ultra Magnus was still out on a limb. But I accepted it... even though it was probably the least favorite of the endings.

Probably the reason I was so satisified with it as a whole at its' premiere was probably the fact that it was such a happy ending on Cybertron. Sentinel consumed by jealousy, Omega Supreme wowing Cybertron's Autobots, and especially the crowd cheering for Prime and his crew as the heroes they've proven themselves to be. And the final "More than meets the eye" in the score just brings a smile to my face.

Each ending has it's perks and downs.

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i voted for animated because i forgot the beast wars finally.