Favorite TF series ending

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Jun 6, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I've been wanting to ask this question.... ok, this sorta popped into my head. :D 

Which Transformers series had the best ending on your opinion? I'd say Armada's ending was purely epic, and wonderful to watch every time. Yup, Armada's my most favorite... though Cybertron's ending was good too.

2. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I would say the ending of Beast Wars, Maybe the Final battle Optimus Vs Glavatron Animated wise (Non CGI) Of Energon would place a close second.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty partial to Armada's ending. I also enjoyed the ending for Cybertron too. Really, I can't judge Energon's ending as I've never been able to watch the show all the way through.

Beast Wars had a pretty good ending as well and that would probably be my current favorite.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The rebirth. really glad g1 did'nt end with the horrible troop two part episode in season 3. rebirth works for me as epic and cool, it crammed alot of new overpowered characters (toys) in but it can be viewed as both sides raising the stakes and going into a everything or nothing arms race.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I really enjoyed Cybertron's ending.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the happy ending on Cybertron, a new Golden Age.

I enjoyed that ending too. It was a real ending of "Takara only" too. I'm glad Tak-Tom is starting to look like the old Takara again.

My least enjoyed ending was Beast Machines with a vegetation-invested Cybertron. I still view that as an alternate universe story.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I liked RID's, but only the very, very end with Sky-byte.

My Favourite ever as to be Cybertron's, as it marked the ending of the horrible Unicron Trilogy.:D 

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I really don't know... right now, I'm in the process of watching season 3 of G1. Think the last episode I watched was either Carnage in C Minor (damn, you guys were sure right about that episode... it sucked) or the episode where Starscream had to fulfill three tasks for Unicron in order to get a new body.

I've seen the end of Armada, but I wouldn't say that's my favorite ending to a TF series. Never saw Energon, Beast Wars/Machines, RID, or Cybertron... well, I saw clips of Energon and Cybertron from the Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron DVD, but... ah well, forget it.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If TFA doesn't get canceled before the series has a chance to run its complete course and wrap up all the story arcs in an ultimate kind of series finale, I believe that one will probably be my favorite TF series ending.

The G1 TV series wrapped too quickly for it to even be close to "satisfying."

The ending for BW was pretty danged awesome, so I suppose if I had to list a "favorite" that would be it (...at least until TFA has concluded).

And since it no one else has brought it up, I'd say the 80th issue conclusion to the Marvel TF comic series was at least worthy of "honorable mention." And a notch above that was the 12th issue of the G2 Marvel comic series--a satisfying, epic conclusion with a HUGE battle that left me wanting more.

10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    The ending to Beast Wars was awesome. The Armada ending...eh, not so much.

11. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, definitely going with BW.

12. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Oh, this topic is very interesting. I have seen all TF's Japanese series, and eventhough they are too "for kids" episodic stories, they always get cool and exciting (and even epic) endings.

My bote goes for BW NEO ending on the first place. Seeing a desperate fight of Big Convoy, Lio COnvoy and even magamtron against Galva-Unicron, the use of the Matrix Blaster... It was superb.

On the second place... I would say TF's Victory.

On the third place... I go with BW.

There a so cool episode that even it's not an ending of the whole series it's the ending of a grear arc of story. I am talking about Superlink/Energon final Battle against Black Unicron. It was simply awesome. It's one of my favorite episodes of all time.

13. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

The ending of Armada is still unclear to me. It makes me wonder what the ending of Micron Legend is. I know they're both similar but they have differences. For the sake of distinction, what are those differences?

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Beast Machines. It didn't just end Beast Machines, it ended the entire story arc that started, for me, with More than Meets The Eye. There was a reason Cybertron's son's kept ending up on Earth, and that reason was to bring back some understanding of organics. I'm just sorry that ending had to be animated so inexpensively, because I think a lot of the backlash against it was because it looked so cheesy.

I loved the way that all wrapped together. I'm aware most people didn't. I'm also aware most people are going to tell me not to lump the Beast saga in with G1, but well, I do. *SHRUG*

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to go with BW for now.

Although, when Animated finally ends (many, many years from now-- I hope), I'm sure it will do so spectacularly. And since every episode of TFA so far has been so immensely better than the overwhelming majority of TF fiction, even if TFA ends up being canceled abruptly, I'm confident its "last episode" will still be eons superior to anything in the Unicron Triology.

16. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

The end of that one Dreamwave comic series-- oh, wait... :sly2: 

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Mines is cybertron cause that crap was FINALLY OVER thanks god where back into a new golden age(refering to animated/movie(s))

18. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Best animated/CGI series ending would have to go to Beast Wars season 3. It really felt satisfying! Optimus vs Megatron battle, some nice G1 homages, some hard-hitting deaths that didn't feel like "deaths just for the hell of it," and an all-around badass feel. Loved it.

Best comic book ending would have to be G2 for me. Not necessarily the last issue of G2, per se, but I think the 12-issue G2 series was the best possible conclusion for the 80s Marvel continuity.

19. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ya, I think I might have to see sky byte singing again at the end of RID, that was great.
    Sky Byte... Thats me!
    Although right now I am loving TF Animated like crazy, and I'm sure that will have my new Fave ending.

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I don't really see how it's unclear. It's pretty straight forward. Prime and Galvatron have one last fight to settle things. Galvatron sacrifices himself to save his people. Prime starts to wonder if he's worthy to have the matrix. Not a completely happy ending, but not really confusing either.