Favorite Starscream Character and from Design standpoint (NOT TOY!)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimal Obrey, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Optimal Obrey

Optimal Obrey Active Member

Hey guys!

Just wondering which NON-toy Starscream is your favorite character wise? AND from a design standpoint?

You can pick from anything basically .. G1, armada, Movie, exc exc..
    for me

Character: G1

Design: Movie

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmmmm....Animated Starscream, with Armada Starscream in a close second (both character & design wise). I honestly find G1 Starscream annoying, and not in a good way, and his design, while not completely horrible, could have used some work. Energon Starscream really had no character, though he's in third place design wise. Cybertron Starscream wasn't too bad, but got annoying, imo, though design wise he wasn't too bad. Haven't really seen enough of Movie Starscream to get a real sense of his character, and design wise he isn't too bad, but not one of my favorite movie designs.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooof, character-wise... I thiiiiink Animated wins out. He takes the snarky, smarmy charm of the G1 character, and blends it with the intelligence of the Cybertron character, in the they were both bright enough to keep their schemes to themselves, and once they made their moves, they remained outside agitators instead of being welcomed back to the Decepticons for no good reason. Animated Starscream is definitely the best of both worlds.

Honorable second mention to the Armada incarnation of the character, though, for just being so DIFFERENT.

In terms of character design... hrmph, I dunno. With the Unicron Trilogy, it's hard to separate design from toy, because the cartoons just took the toy and put it on the screen, for better or for ill. Armada Starscream is a jet-shaped thing with robot parts thrown underneath it, Energon Starscream is a really rather bloody nifty little number, and Cybertron Starscream turns into a triangle with wings... so Energon wins out of those three. The movie design doesn't have a lot going for it, and the Animated design is really just a squash-and-stretch of the G1 design. So... I guess probably the G1 design. It's sleek and straightforward, it's a nice re-interpretation of what the toy actually looks like (kinda dumpy), and... well, pretty much every design that's come since has been based on it to some extent, without really doing anything to openly IMPROVE on it.

(But if you were asking me about toys, probably Energon.)

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Design-wise I really like the TFCC redesign of Transtech Starscream.

Character is harder. Probably going to go with animated.
    Although, I like various depictions of G1 Starscream, and Movie Starscream has a certain appeal. At least in the comics.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    animated and g1

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Animated, followed by a tie between Cybertron, Movie, G1 and Armada. Animated is a nice blend of g1 and Cybertron. A good fighter, intelligent, immortal and a schemer.

The 4 way tie... G1 Starscream is great cuz he's the inspiration for all that followed. Cybertron was smart and willing to go to lengths to battle for his plans, taking on all comers. Armada was a honorable version of Starscream... loved his characterization. And movie Starscream... because he kicked a huge amount of skidplate in his short time on the screen.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Double post!

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The best Screamer in my opinion is Cybertron Screamer with Animated second place.

Design wise: Energon Screamer takes the cake.

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved Armada's highly noble yet confused and outcast Starscream. I was upset it was all thrown down the drain in Energon. I also liked the very ambitious Starscream of Cybertron. For movie, if we can include the comics, I think he's my second favorite after Armada. We really got to see the cunning, calculating, and intelligent character that we didn't see in the movie (toy tech spec: Intelligence 4? No way), yet he was still very fallible like all Starscreams.

Design... I think Energon wins. I really like the movie's design, but I don't think it is a good fit for the character of Starscream. He was extremely sleek in just about every other incarnation, which reflects his cunning and his speed. I mean, the Energon design was based off an f-22, and that turned out fine. Armada and Cybertron designs are fine, but I like Energon the best.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Character and design: Animated Screamer.

11. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated, followed by G1 and movie. I've never got into watching Armada, Energon, and Cybertron enough to really place those versions of SS in my ranking.

12. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Character-wise, I like the 2007 Movie Screamer as he was portrayed in the movie and comics.

Design-wise and not a toy? I'm assuming what we just see in the media...erm...I'm going to say War Within from the Dreamwave comics.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    G1 Starscream character wise : I haven't seen enough Animated, Armada, Energon to take those into my comparison. Also, I don't think the 2007 movie showed enough of his character yet to make a judgement about movie Starscream's character.

MOVIE Starscream design wise : while I like G1 Starscream, I totally LOVE movie screamer; the agile airborne robot mode and the most beautiful altmode, the F22 Raptor make this version my pick.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Susan.

15. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force. Badass without the detraction of the dub.

17. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Hear, hear. The episode where Starscream singlehandedly fights his way through the entire Autobot army is still one of my top TF "I cheesed myself" moments.

18. Lakanl

Lakanl Footmaster

For Design: G1. Very sleek, and sexy. The one I am rather fond of.
    -runner up Energon Starscream: Very nice translation, I especially like the sword.

For Character: Animated (from what i've seen). He embodies the original so well and goes that extra mile.
    -runner up Energon Starscream: Sneaky stealthy, and strangly loyal. I like the twist on his character.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1. I had my parents record a lot of G.I. Joe and Transformer episodes growing up, and I've always held a special place in my heart from the whiny little bitch-voice that was Starscream and Cobra Commander.

I do agree that Animated is a great take on the character, and I'm glad the character's voice is almost as whiny and pompous as the original. Movie Starscream was fun too, and I'm curious to see how the character will be expanded on in the second film.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Character: Animated. It's like they took several of the other Starscreams and found a way to turn it all up several notches. They really managed to capture both why Megatron would want to keep him around as a warrior, but also really captured why Megatron would want to kill him.

Robot mode: Tough one but I'd say Animated again. The look just really fits the personality.

Jet mode: G1. I like the F22 Raptor but of the possible colors they could have used they used one of the few military colors that doesn't appeal to me. So I'll stick with the old G1 jet for be sort of real world while not being a blah dull color.