Favorite score piece from Transformers: The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, May 29, 2011.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

What is your favorite song from the score on the original Transformers movie that Vince DiCola did?

Vince has released the entire score material to fans through his album "Lighting The Darkest Hour" and it is AWESOME!

For me I've always enjoyed the usual songs that have lyrics and singing, but outside of those I've always enjoyed Contest for Leadership during the scene inside of Astrotrain where the Decepticons are squabbling. The music is so versitile in that half way through it switches and hits really hard in volume to pick up the tempo. I love it!

What scenes in the movie features your favorite tracks from the movie score, and why do you like them? Do you think they fit well with what's happening in the scene or do you just like the sound of it?

For me I just liked the sound of Contest For Leadership, but I do think it works well with the scene.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The scene with Blaster and the cassettes fighting.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Unicron's Theme.

4. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    ^
    This.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Escape with out a single doubt!!!!!! That track is fricking amazing!!! The demo is the best!

6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

Battle. whenever i need to set up a transformer battle in my mind or in words it plays in my head.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Rodimus

Doesn't work for me. :( 

Good thing I have the album! I'll have to check out which one you specifically mean.

8. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

When Unicron transforms.

9. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I can not count how many times at work I've played "YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH! YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!!!" I do love the entire soundtrack though.

10. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Escape.... and if one can count it. Legacy.

11. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    "Transformation"... it underscores Magatron and the other abandoned Decepticons meeting Unicron and their subsequent chat and rebirth.

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Unicrons Theme & Dare.

13. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

The ending of "Showdown" (scene of fight b/t Megs and Prime) is really pretty. I also like "Pursuit" (Galvatron hunts the Autobots in space) for all its time signature changes, and it's probably the most epic song on the whole CD.

14. Rodimus

That is a pretty good one. It's so good that they actually made remade a version of it for the show late in Season 3. If you watch the episodes produced in the 2nd half of season 3 it's all over those episodes.

There are quite a few songs from the movie score they did that with. Is there any encyclopedia that says exactly how many and which ones?

That's some good stuff right there! I had to go back and listen to it after you mentioned it and I LOVE it! Thanks for posting about it!

15. UltraMagnus3786

Oh wow, I didn't pick up on that. Which eps are you thinking of specifically?

16. Rodimus

Well if I recall correctly, I think The Ultimate Weapon was one, and I think it might've also been in the episodes that featured the Technobots.

The thing about the show's version though is that they started it with the guitar part and did it at a much faster tempo. (Which is about 2 minutes remaining in the Vince DiCola ablum version to get a sense of the part the show had taken from.)

If you own the Rhino DVD set then most of the episodes are on Season 3 part 2. The very first episode to feature the Vince DiCola sound was Carnage in C-Minor (and I know it's considered a horrible episode but the one redeeming thing it did have about it was the debut of the new music), and then from there starting again with Nightmare Planet they had newer DiCola Movie influcenced music.

It's different on the Shout! Factory set because they actually used the broadcast order instead of production order. So the episodes are more scattered in season 3.

Let me double check on that and get back to you with more specific episodes and scenes.

17. Rodimus

I've pinpointed the scene in The Ultimate Weapon. It's where Swindle infultrates Metroplex to steal his cog and faces off with First Aid.
    It starts at about 4:07. It only features part of Persuit though.

There's more episodes, inluding one scene where it's used with the sweeps who are attacking in an episode but I've got to play detective to find it. :) 

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    All of it! But if I had to choose one, this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2W-pnAqDk

I can't help but recall the dialogue and sound effects over certain parts - , ie, "The insecticons are in our way", "Wrong, they're our way in! YeeeAAH!"

19. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Escape and Unicron's Medley are my two favorites.

20. UltraMagnus3786

Good find!! I don't think I realized that myself. Also, it was on the original "attack the shuttle" scene: YouTube - ‪Transformers The Movie Soundtrack - Attack On The Shuttle‬‏