Favorite predacons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jan 21, 2007.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

G1's version that formed Predaking.

-or-

BW's version lead by Megatron.

I think, Predaking could destroy Megatron's group.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :-/ considering how much smaller the BW preds were compared to the G1 ones they would just step on them. Remember the size differences? BW megs was only the size of G1 Primes head!

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Five 'Cons with pretty much no characterization vs. the most well-written group of villains in TF history? No contest. Beast Wars all the way.

4. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

This is the fact sheet for Predaking, found on the back of the toy packaging:

TECH SPEC BIO
    The closest thing to a perfect fighting machine the Decepticons have. As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. His actions result from seemingly savage, animal instinct. Can lift 500 tons; reacts to any movement he sees within .002 seconds. Can generate protective electric field. Weilds powerful x-ray laser cannon. Each foot houses twin mortar shell launchers. No known weaknesses.

Although he's a living machine whose thoughts are dictated by a mass of microprocessors and logic centers, all of Predaking's actions seemingly result from swift, savage, animal instinct. The five Predacons- Razorclaw, Rampage, Tantrum, Divebomb and Headstrong- who comprise Predaking blend together so smoothly, their circuits integrate so seamlessly, that Predaking moves wilh a fierce fluidity that belies his multi-body construction. He doesn't think, he only reacts. Whether his optical sensors detect the movement of a jumbo jet or an ant, his response is the same, virtually instantaneous and usually deadly. Only other Decepticons can escape being targeted by this hair-trigger horror, and even they worry that in some instance Predaking might mistake them for the enemy. But despite the ever-present danger he represents, the Decepticons value Predaking's abilities. As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. He is the closest thing to a perfect fighting machine the Decepticons have.

ABILITIES
    Predaking is monstrously strong. He can lift 500 tons without straining a circuit. He reacts to any movement he sees within .002 seconds. He can generate a powertul electric field about himseft that dampens or repells any energy-based beams and prevents other Transformers from approaching any closer than 10 teet. One punch from his fist can shatter a 9-foot reinforced concrete cube. He wields a powertul X-ray laser cannon, whose blast has the equivalent explosive force of 100 tons ot TNT. Each of his feet has a double-barrelled mortar shell launcher within it.

WEAKNESSES
    Predaking has no known weaknesses.

Now as much as I love my BW Preds, the G1 Preds would wipe them out. They might have a little problem with Rampage, though. :D 

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    He said favorite, not who'd win in a fight. The G1 Predacons would annihilate the BW Preds in a fight.

6. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

While we're at it, who'd win in a fight... G1 Prowl, second-in-command to the entire Autobot fighting force, or Transmetal Prowl, who turned into an ugly-looking bird?

Headmaster Scorponok or Beast Wars Scorponok?

G1 Brawn or RiD X-Brawn?

Heinrad, the Japanese tanooki alarm clock Transformer, or... no, wait, there's a reason there's only one of him....

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LOVED the look of the G1 Preds, and add to the fact that they were a combiner makes them even cooler in my eyes.

G1 Preds FTW!

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

BW. They had a lot more character development, of course, they had a series dedicated to them, so the G1 guys didn't get the chance that they may have deserved.

EDIT: Predaking did look all kinds of bad-ass, though.

9. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Beast wars predacons are my faverote by far. how could you not like characters like inferno, rampage and Megatron they where probably not just better characters than the predacons from G1, but were better than their maximal counterparts to some extent.

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I think the G1 preds are overrated fanwanks. Nevertheless I'm sorry I let mine go.

They're good, but for some reason (maybe many fans never got them, or because they're the biggest gestault charachter) they have achieved this quasi-mythic status.

I got into BW late so I don't have many toys from that era. Lets just say that other than BM, I'm kinda glad I sat out that round of toys. But the writing on the show was the reason we have TF today. It was new, but didn't re-write history like so many of the series since.

So 5 big toys with only one really cool episode (call of the Primatives) vs. Well the people who brought us Waspinator and Dinobot?

BW FTW

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Characteration-wise it's easily the BW Preds. Predaking did NOTHING in the comics (got his ass handed to him by freaking MEGATRON) or the TV show (got his ass handed to him by freaking SKY LYNX). The G1 tech specs for Predaking is cool and all and the toy is the biggest G1 combiner, but I'll still never understand the love for Prekaking.

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

In terms of my choice, I love the BW Predacons. They were evil, powerful, insane and funny all at the same time. Predaking...meh. Bruticus and Devastator are the main Decepticon Gestalts, you don't need any more. Though in a fight I think Predaking would win. Inferno and Waspinator would be destroyed in a second, Tarantulus would go away to plot in his lair and Megs would escape with Scorponok.

13. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

The BW Preds could might be able to find some holes in Predaking and attack him from inside so even through Predaking could step on all of them they might have some sort of tecnhical advantage.