favorite optimus prime (look)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grunge, Oct 19, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    forget about the lack of articulation of some of the toys, and how awesome or sucktacular the particular series may have been ....

which optimus prime design was your favorite? which 1 is the 1 you automatically go for when you want to use an optimus prime for something? or think of in your head?

i liked the looked of Armada optimus prime ... until the super mode ... that head was "no.". G2 Laser Optimus prime is another i liked as well.
    however!
    Cybertron Optimus Prime just has so much potential. i say they didnt do enough with it. had a somewhat forced flight mode but ill take it. the link with trailer, was good, gave him a huge boost in firepower, even without the key. his hand gun was alright too. if anything, i think i like it most becuase of all the nods to PM optimus prime which was the OP i had growing up.

2. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

in before ppl say G1

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the Armada non-super Prime as well. It's a nice beefy design that still has an Optimus Prime look while bypassing the standard chest window thing.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ladybird G1 Optimus Prime is awesome because he looked so damn alien and weird, plus unlike any other fiction he's almost 100% toy accurate :lol 

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    This

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s a toss up between Cybertron, Movie Prime and Prime Prime.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    G1.

There have been a few other cool interpretations of him over the years, but the overall look & style of his G1 self is THE definitive image of Prime for me. Always has been and always will be. Too iconic to downplay - no matter how "cool" it is now to not say G1 anymore.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Judging based purely on design? Probably Prime Optimus Prime or even Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime. I also really like how RiD Optimus Prime looks, but only with his armor on.

9. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

Movie Prime or G1 Prime.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Either Movie or Prime

11. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Movie and Prime.

Gah! This one too!

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My top five:

RID: This is a great design. Both robot modes are excellent and for different reasons. I like his super mode especially since it looks like a seperate robot form, not just an armoured Optimus. (which, ironically, is exactly what it is) The small robot is sleek and angular, a much more nimble-looking Optimus with very little kibble besides his backpack and the panels that sit flush against his arms. His super robot looks less nimble, but more powerful. The ladder cannon is awesome, and he's well armed, plus his head is Optimus-like, but very unique. Vehicle mode is huge and badass. Optimus is best when he's a firetruck.

Animated: If RID Optimus was the nimble one of the family, Animated Optimus is the athlete. He's buff, and has a lean figure. The Animated Asthetic is already one of my favourites, and Optimus is the best of everything about it. I like how his build and details would suggest a tough guy, yet the light blue and softer face evoke a more caring personality. Plus the design and colours he looks like he's wearing some kind of super hero outfit, which not only fits the character perfectly, but works off what has always been a sort of subdued aspect of the traditional Optimus asthetic. Again, firetrucks rock, so his vehicle mode is great, but I just love how he scoots around in that little half-firetruck mode.

Movie: Like a fusion of both RID and Animated in the character it evokes, Movie Optimus looks like a dude who could be both athletic and super strong. His build and posture evoke a nobility and esteem. I love the movie asthetic, I love being able to see how everything links and moves and works, and Optimus shows this off best. And, I'm just going to say it, I love the falmes. It's both an intersting astehtic, and a humourous undertone of the character, like if Optimus took the time to find out what flames usually meant, he probably wouldn't have them, but to him, they're just part of vehicle design and decoration. Plus the way they end up on his robot mode look very striking and cool. His vehicle mode is probably the most gorgeous truck I've ever seen.

Cybertron: While not my favourite, I love this Optimus. Unlike the others, this guy is all brawn. Even in standard robot mdoe he looks more than fit to beat anyone into unconciousness easily. He even has brass knuckles. In super mode he just gets more badass. Giant wings, huge cannons and a head design earily similar to GaoGaiGar. (and his robot mode resembles ChoRyuJin, especially in the chest and shoulder) Again, not in anyway does his look agile, but I don't think he needs to be. Even though in teh show he went super mode if someone farted nearby, the mode itself looks like a last resort, like once a Decepticon's beat almost dead, he unleashes the fury of a thousand suns. A true super mode. His vehicle more is, once again, cool by default as a firetruck, but a firetruck that was refitted by an alien military to create the most badass thing on eight wheels.

Armada: I also really like this Optimus, but not as much as the others. I love his little robot mode, very much like Cybertron in that he's a brawler. It just looks neat. It's his super robot mode I don't like. Even in animation it's just... eh. The legs are just blocks, and his head is kinda silly. The pipes/ears whatever look weird, and the arms and torso look to simple for a super robot. As for the vehicle mode, the truck cab isn't bad, a little pudgy, but the trailer looks like junk, but the treads are cool.

13. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    oh yeah g1 is most iconic definately.

WOW

^^^

totally summed it up! i dunno, i liked the armada trailer. it became a base for minicons. something alot of optimus's lack these days a trailer that becomes a base.

what was the deal with RiD primes base mode?

PM prime's base mode was prolly the best of them all. had an inside, turrets, launching bays. great trailer all in all.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I really like Movie Optimus Prime's look more than his other looks, but G1 is a close second.

15. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

G1 best followed by Movie verse.

16. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm a sucker for Cybertronian modes so my favorite design is WFC.

TF Prime Optimus does get an honorable mention as it does some stuff I rather like. He makes him a modern truck, gives him more mass to be larger (I dislike mass shifting). Plus I think that truck just looks good in those colors.

G1 Optimus also gets a mention. His look is downright iconic. Everyone knows who that is and it's damn sexy.

Also Optimus Primal in his first season body is fantastic as well. While not the same character I still like it.

And sitting in the corner with the dunce cap is movie Optimus. I really dislike the movie aesthetics and movie Optimus is huge offender. The flames are just stupid and... Okay, I shouldn't turn this into a movie bashing post. I'll just end it with saying I dislike movie Optimus for many many reasons.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    So many looks and all of them great! :D 

My faves..Movie, Cybertron, Armada, RiD, TFP, WFC and G1.

Hard to leave out the other choices tho.....

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Always use to the Classic G1. But I bonding with the Movie version.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

1) G1
    2) Movie
    3) RiD

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

My favorites:
    Prime
    Ongoing (Figueroa)
    Movie
    Classics
    in that order