Favorite non-beast-to-vehicle Decepticon w/Poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Who are your favortie Non-beast to Vehicle Decepticons in RID2?

1. Fracture

16.7%
  2. Megatronus Prime/The Fallen

16.7%
  3. Overload

5.6%
  4. Scorponok

16.7%
  5. Paralon

11.1%
  6. Soundwave

50.0%
  7. Shadelock

16.7%
  8. Starscream

66.7%
  9. Filch

5.6%
  10. Other (please explain)

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Corrected Poll

** Had to keep this post otherwise thread would be deleted**

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  2. SaberPrime

If you hate the whole beast to vehicle with no robot mode thing as much as I do this is a great place to see a complete list of all the more traditional RID2 Decepticons. If you don't hate the beast to vehicle designs, well you can vote in the poll anyway.

Surprisingly considering this series is mostly beast-to-vehicle-no-robot-mode transformers there's actually more to choose from than there are poll slots. I don't like all of them. Some of them are still pretty stupid looking even when they technically have more traditional style transformations. Or the character is just so annoying I hate them even when I like the design. Anyway, here's a complete list, including the ones I didn't have room for in the poll.

Vehicle to robot:

Megatronus Prime/The Fallen: I wish he was on fire, that his battle mask never came off, and that he was the main villain for the entire series not just the very limited screen time he had in the first season. Other than that he's one of my favorites.

Bludgeon: Not really a fan of that skull face. Looks too organic for a robot.

Starscream: Love the homage to the 86 movie.

Skywarp: I just generally like his color scheme. He's always been my favorite seeker.

Cyclonus: Not sure why, the vehicle mode looks like it was made for him but the retools ruin the robot mode for me.

Fracture: Don't like the Mini-con gimmick but other than that he's one of my favorite Decepticons on the show.

Overload: I'm an actor, he's an actor, how can I not love my fellow theater geek... I just wish he had a Deluxe toy so I could get one without the damn Mini-con gimmick.

Shadelock: He's based on the Prime Vehicons which I already loved that design to begin with. The Jet Vehicon is even my first and only Takara figure in my collection. That's how much I like the design. I really REALLY want them to retool either the FE or the PRID mold into this guy... Or just make a new mold... Also still really want the Miner version with the dual visors which I can only assume transform into drill tanks since they are miners.

Soundwave: Was never that big on the overly skinny Prime design which was also seen in this show but I'm liking the new bulkier design in the toy line. Kinda reminds me of Animated Soundwave but with the screen face of Prime. I kinda like the screen face, just don't like how skinny he use to be.

Beast to Robot:

Honorable mention to Grimlock since he was technically a Decepticon in the pilot but not including him because he's been an Autobot for most of the series.

Scowl: They just made up a new Dinobot for this series and he doesn't really look that much like a dinosaur or a robot... He's very organic looking and kinda looks more like a turtle... like Torca from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That's what he reminds me of.

Filch: Love her design. I think she would look awesom in BW Airazor's color scheme. Hate the character though. I'm glad she's only in one episode and they seemed to forget about her because she wasn't even really a villain. She was a mentally challenged person with an affinity for shiny things not even intelligent enough to understand she was stealing things. If they made her a legitimate thief who's stealing with intent and full comprehension of what she's doing that's be a different story. But the fact that the Autobots labeled her a criminal like she is just makes them look like the bad guys.

Zizza: Technically she does transform from beast to robot. No vehicle mode to speak of. However her robot mode is fat, ugly, and I almost didn't even realize that she ever transformed at all. For a while I thought that just was her beast mode. Out of all the transformers that qualify for this list, she is by far the worst... Though I can almost imagine her in a relationship with Waspinator where as a couple they're very similar to the red queen and king from the Alice in Wonderland cartoon.

Scorponok: Not really a fan of the design. Not because it doesn't look like the G1 character. I actually kind of like the color scheme. I just don't like the hook hands. I could understand claw hands like other Scorponok's have but when the claws go up onto his shoulders why doesn't he have normal hands underneath? What's the point of moving the claws if you're not going to give him actual hands? Plus I don't like the legs like that.

Paralon: I like him a little better just because it's a homage to my favorite series but besides the BW Scorponok head sculpt he has all the same problems as the other guy.

Glowstike: I almost feel like her and Zizza share a mold so to speak except with different proportions applied like Tarantulus/Blackarachnia. But I think the proportions applied here make her look a hell of a lot better. Seems like kind of a weak beast mode for someone who's suppose to be in command over as many Decepticons as she is though. Like personality wish she's a whole lot tougher than her fire fly beast mode would lead you to believe.

Saberhorn: I kind of feel like he should of been in change. He seems much more powerful than the Decepticons he was working for. The design rebinds a lot of Bumbshell as well who I've always thought was the leader of the Insecticons. It's also kind of odd that Prime Insencticons who also resemble Bombshell have also been in this series. And by resemble Bombshell I mean they all have the same beast mode but the Prime Insecticons and Saberhorn are totally different designs once you get past the shared beast mode.

I suppose I should also give an honorable mention to the Prime Insecticons. There aren't really any named ones to add to the list, just a bunch of generics. I mean there are named ones but not in this series. They're all in Prime. It's also odd because we do have named characters who are Insecticons but none of them use the Prime Insecticon character model. It's weird to have them in the same series. I want to know why some Insecticons have unique designs and others are just copies.

3. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Starscream easily. He's easily as entertaining, hammy, and also still threatening as he ever was. Plus, I like the mix of his G1, Animated, and Prime forms.

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Eh, probably Soundwave. He's still such a cool concept. Overload was fun too, though I wish we were given more context for his past with Bumblebee.

5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

Soundwave was incredible. He took all the Autobots down without breaking a sweat. I only wish that:
    they didn't throw him back in the Shadow Zone at the end of the episode.

6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Soundwave. TFP Sounwave's my favorite version of Soundwave because he's so creepy, and they kept the creepiness in RID. While I like his new look, I wish he was still robot Slenderman.

My other favorite Soundwave is Cybertron Soundwave. "He's trippin' 'cuz he got served."

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saberhorn was in charge. The season finale mentioned Scorponok, Saberhorn and Glowstrike were the ones leading that community. They were equals at the top.

8. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

I guess I have to pick Starscream and Soundwave simply because they were only one I liked given the choices. I don't know why but I just find Steeljaw and Sabrehorn too appealing that the other brand new Decepticons in RiD2015 don't appeal to me much.

9. SaberPrime

Nope, Glow strike was the main leader with Scorponok as a close second till Steel jaw took his place. Saber horn wasn't even close to being a equal with them. Remember how they treated him when he came back to their base empty handed. Or how about how every other Decepticon on the ship acted toward him. No one took orders from Saber horn, it was pretty clear that Glow strike and Scorponok were in charge but not Saber horn.

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're wrong. Scorponok tells Glowstrike that the minions failed and so did Saberhorn, clearly placing him as something. They didn't treat him badly when he came up empty handed, he was only seen leaving the room with a serious face.

Add that to the fact that he's always with Glowstrike and that she doesn't even question his judgement and the fact that we're verbally told later that trio of them were in charge by Toolbox in the finale's part 1.
    [​IMG]

He was in charge. Simply put.

11. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

He was in charge by title, but he didn't do diddly squat in the show.

12. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Why'd you leave out Steeljaw? Best Decepticon we've had in ages. Damn sexy voice!

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Steeljaw would be a beast mode to vehicle..and he's asking for NON beast to vehicle in this poll. :) 

I like Steeljaw best too.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  14. Snowcat

I don't think so. I'd say he's definitely a robot. He walks upright for one thing. He just has some bestial aspects to his robot mode, like Scorponok or Paralon. Now G1 Steeljaw on the other hand, he had a beast mode instead of a robot mode.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm... others walked upright as well.. to me kinda figured he was left off the list because.. he's got a beast face, claws and a tail and described as a werewolf or leader of the pack .. so while he may walk upright, he's not completely robot featured... as Bee or Sideswipe or Starscream, etc.
    As Cons go in this series I thought he was awesome, however he's described or whatever he's called.

16. SaberPrime

moreprimeland has already done a great job of answering this question but I haven't posted in a while so I thought it best I step in to help clear this up.

Basically, the moderator is correct. Steeljaw was intentionally left out because he's clearly a beast mode wolf. Just because he's a biped doesn't excuse the fact that he has a wolf head, tail, and claws. Thunderhoof looks more like a robot than he does but I also left him off because of the reindeer antlers and the hoof feet.

As for Scorponok and Paralon, they don't have vehicle modes. The thread wasn't intended to be no beasts at all. I'm only excluding the beast-to-vehicle Decepticons. beast-to-robot or vehicle-to-robot are OK. It makes sense for Scorponok and Paralon to have beast-like robot modes because they actually transform into beast modes so of course they're going to have scorpion mode kibble in robot mode.

Decepticons like Steeljaw kind of annoy me because if the biped mode is suppose to be his robot mode, and he looks like that, then shouldn't his alt mode be a quadruped wolf mode not a car? If he transforms into a car then why does he have beast mode parts at all?

Personality wise I have nothing against Steeljaw but design wise he doesn't belong in this thread.

17. Snowcat

Fair enough. I don't really see it that way myself, but that's fine.