Favorite New Character from BM?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chopperface, May 9, 2010.

?

Favorite New BM Character?

Poll closed May 16, 2010.
  1. Nightscream

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Savage/Noble

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Botanica

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Diagnostic Drone

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Jetstorm

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  6. Tankor

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. Thrust

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  8. Obsidian

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  9. Strika

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    And here, we come to the final character thread for the on-screen Beast Era. The next threads will be all about episodes.

I know, many hated Beast Machines. I don't blame em. After all, what use were the character changes to the character's we'd come to love? What kind of show doesn't have an ounce of humor? What good is a Beast Era episode without Wazzzzpinator?

But TF Wiki spells out why I like it:

I still haven't seen the entire two seasons, but I've seen enough of it to know while I could use some humor and old personalities, the series is deep and fantastic.

EDIT: GOD-DAMN IT! Forgot multiple choice AGAIN!!!

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Obsidian. But ONLY because of Obsidian's Lament.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obsidian, though I wish I could choose two to add in Strika.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine would be a draw between Botanica, Strika, and Obsidian. Botanica brought a new twist to the lore with the whole plantformers bit and Strika and Obsidian were just badasses.

Well...they were SUPPOSED to be badasses anyway.

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I vote Thrust. Always liked how Waspinator turned into a badass loner. Still kinda useless, yes, but cool non the less.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Obsidian, almost entirely because of his debut episode. Strika isn't far behind and if I could've voted for more than one, I would've included her.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Tie between Jetstorm and Botanica. Jetstorm was just too much fun.

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Obsidian

9. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I went with Thrust. Kinda sad that Waspinator was never liberated, and Thrust had to see his 'friends' turn against him. Later when Obsidian and Stryka are introduced, I think there's a scene where megatron (?) chucks him to the side saying he's like an old model or something. But Thrust stuck with it till the end, and was one tough cookie, never faltering in his evilness. Def my fav.

The maximals were lacking I thought, except maybe savage/noble who went from having a voice/personality (even tho it was meg's) to a puppy that sacrifices himself.

just rewatched all of beast wars and beast machines, and re-realized how awesome BM was.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Jet Storm. Same reason as Split Lip. Too bad he turned into an ugly looking Samurai bot.

I hope Hasbro has Jetstorm's fame return soon.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Jetstorm

12. AMG

AMG Old School

Jetstorm, very entertaining to watch and you can tell that he loves his job.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted for Jetstorm. He was just too much fun! I mean, we get generic evil grunts all the time, but Jetstorm just loved his job sooooo much! He's got the sharpest wit, the funniest lines, and when he's mad, ohhhh is he MAD!!! One of the saddest moments in the entire show for me is when he's "saved". :( 

Thrust is a close second. I really love this guy. Quiet, brooding, cool. Jim Byrnes lends him the perfect voice, and I never would've suspected it was the same guy that did Inferno's voice from BW.

Tankorr, meh. Tankorr was just a brute. He didn't really become intersting until Rhinox's memories were unlocked, and then I'm not so sure he counts as a new character as much as a hybrid of a new and old character. Anyway, moving on.

Obsidian was cool. Cold, calculating, serious, professional; he's everything the bad guys have always needed. He doesn't shirk away from responsibility or blame when his share is due, and he coordinates all his strategies with Strika. It's no wonder he's earned a reputation as one of the greatest generals of the wars.

Strika, like Obsidian, is a great tactician, though she seems to lack the degree of coldness that Obsidian has. That's okay though, because I wouldn't want two Obsidians running around. She's alright, but aside from doing her job competently, never stood out to me too much.

Diagnostic Drone was just a swanky little guy! I like his accent, I like his attitude, generally I like everything about this guy. He's just fun. :) 

Savage/Noble is... mmm... well he starred in the slowest episode of the series, and that was his introductory episode. Not off to a good start. After Megatron's personality is purged from him, he's just a mutt, really. He's okay, I guess. I don't dislike him, but not really all giddy for him either. And it looks like someone drew on him with neon crayons!

Botanica took some getting used to, but I kind of like her these days. I think it mostly has to do with her eyes: one blue and one green. That's so Yuna. :)  Her Miss Cleo voice is always a riot, and as a love interest for Rattrap.. hmm... still not entirely sold on that idea, but whatever.

Nightscream is just an annoyance. The only times that I liked him were when he was getting shot or beat up. He comes into the show with the snarkiest attitude ever, and constantly tosses barbs at his Maximal comrades just to stir things up. I gave him a chance the last time I watched BM all the way through, thinking maybe it was my faulty memories that made him bad, but no- he's just a brat.

14. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

A Beast Machines topic. I do believe this calls for a response, yessssss.

For the edification of the uninitiated, Cybertronix was utilized in both Beast Wars and Beast Machines to conceal an assortment of messages. While many of them were unsavory in content, some were astonishingly apposite to the subject material. In the case of "Revelations Part II: Descent", this quote was displayed on a computer terminal used by Cheetor during his discussion of the Vehicon Generals.

Could the sage words of the late Mother Teresa be any more germane? This is the credo of the Vehicon General; the description of their existential impasse. Their lives are characterized by slavish obedience to a nigh-omnipotent entity, and their "freedom" is paradoxical; while the Vehicon Generals experience an illusion of autonomy, their actions and cognitive processes ultimately succumb to the providence of Megatron. Furthermore, once they accomplish their directive, their sparks are to be extracted and returned to Megatron for assimilation.

I picked Thrust as my favorite original character as a direct result of this existential plight--out of the five Vehicon Generals, none comprehend their role quite as lucidly as Thrust does. Despite his awareness of Megatron's disregard for the lives of his minions, he persists in his loyalty--without hesitation--to the bitter end. Thrust's search for himself within Megatron's dystopian state endears him to me.

15. Unicron the Pla

Unicron the Pla Cybertronian Accountant

Obsidian all the way, great character and provided a much needed change in the Vehicon Generals. If I could I would of also voted for Thrust, I liked him because I was a huge fan of Waspinator.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I voted for Botanica. Leaf lady FTW!

17. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Diagnostic drone.
    Speaking of diagnostics. Whoever voted for Nightscream might need to get his head checked, just sayin' :D 

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Jetstorm. As many others have said, its really, really tough to not grin from ear to ear when that dude was on screen.

A painfully close second for the Diagnostic Drone. Duder is all class. So much emotion and elegance from a fellow with no face.

19. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I almost went for Thrust or Obsidian, but had to give it to Jetstorm based on his pure exuberance. He was witty, elegant, and savage. The reveal that freaking Silverbolt was powering that lunatic was a very nice bit of misdirection, as the show strongly implied the somewhat more honourable Thrust was actually the one.

Not to mention the fact that Jetstorm was the first to really push the nonhumanoid design boundry further than almost any TF to date that didn't have a beast-mode as their primary. He was designed never to touch the ground.

- Coeloptera

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Who the fu(k picked Nightscream?