favorite musical moments (score-wise)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 27, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Which are some parts of the movie that really stuck out for you in terms of the score that was used in the background?

Of course we would all have vote the arrival of the Autobots to be the best musical sequence but what else did you like?

I have to say my 2nd favorite part was the whole Skorponok sequence starting off with the thumping bass that stayed at a constant level until it got more heroic sounding when the Air Force began their air strike. It mixed in so perfectly with the attack sequence.

You will probably only be able to answer this if you watched the movie more than once because I remember I was so focussed on the action, I couldn't really remember the score that much but I did remember that it was good. It was only after the 2nd viewing and after that I wanted to pay more attention the sounds and music.

Speaking of sound effects, I love the sounds effects for the cannons/weapons used by the Decepticons, especially Devastator's and Starscreams machine guns.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I tend to notice things like a movie's score really quickly; comes from making my own stuff, I suppose. Anyway. My favourites were:
    1. The Autobots landing. Shivers down my spine very time I see it. I know everyone will say that, but it's true. I don't see how that scene could have been done better in any way, and especially the score.
    2. Similar to yours d00d; it's the part of the fight with Scorponok, but especially the segment when the airforce arrives. The music starts to get more tense as it builds. I'm a sucker for stuff like that.
    I SO hope we get the score released at some point; I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Same here, the Autobots arriving on Earth. Its so moving and gosh-darn heroic-sounding. What I appreciate is that Jablonsky didn't do the obvious thing and use it as a heroic march - less is more.

Variations of the second part of the Autobots theme, heard during Optimus' transformation sequencewere also used during the opening narration, Keller's Pentagon briefing on the SOCCENT attack and when they dump Megatron's corpse into the ocean.

The heroic theme heard during Scorponok's attack is the military's theme music which I also like.

What I like about the music is its memorable without being overbearing and competing with the visuals or the sound effects like say, John Williams' scores can often be.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    - Arrival of the Autobots
    - Decepticons theme (played after Frenzy finds the Allspark)
    - Music played when Prime transforms to fight Megatron.

5. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

1. Autobot planet fall and roll call sequence FTW! Shivers indeed and by my sixth time viewing, I was bouncing in my seat. The sections where Ironhide was crawling out of the pool was wonderful and Prime's transformation was BEAUTIFUL.

2. The "Decepticon theme" when Frenzy's hacking POTUS. Creepy.

3. Not sure if others caught it but when they were anticipating the incoming S7 agents and while 4 of them (not Optimus) were transforming, a portion of the piece sounded similar to what one would hear on the game's main site. Kinda hard to hear though.

4. Sam being cornered by Megatron on top of the building. Haunting and it fits.

6. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

I agree whole heartedly with everything above......

7. gfan1984

gfan1984 Well-Known Member

I liked the Decepticon Theme when they did their roll call. It felt very well placed...(that scene in the theater I was in also generated lots of cheers and applause...and we were pumped to see the big battle).

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Loved the "Frenzy hacking Airforce One" score - It was more subtle and atmospheric than regular, overt scoring and that's how I usually like it.

9. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

*. Sam and Megatron (Roof top)

*. BB and Mikaela ('I'll drive you shoot') specially the part when BB 'upper cuts' the car on his right.

*. Decepticon roll call.

*. Sam and Barricade (Barricade transformetion, oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t...)

*. Barricade and BB (car chase).

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    For me, the Autobots' arrival - especially the moment when Ironhide is clambering out of the pool.

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I second that. The Autobot arrival sequence is my very favourite scene of the movie. The music is perfect, and I agree, the scene could not have been handled better. I'm sure Spielberg had alot of influence in that scene, it's so like him.

12. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The theme that was playing when Blackout started decimating the Soccent base is stuck in my head :)  It was pure... music to my ears :lol 

13. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

Autobot landing of course.

Barricade and BB chase

After the BB and barricade fight where the 'looking back on your life" line is the goo goo dolls song starts to play...im prolly the only person who likes that part but o well...sounds good...haha

oooo and of course the end when linkin park is playing and optimus is talking.

14. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    My faves are when ---

Sam introducing S7 to Prime
    Bumblebee getting captured (Sam trying to rescue him)
    The music playing when the military is being alerted and mobilizing right after base attack (all Bay movies have good scores I think)

15. xviolent_philx

xviolent_philx Batman

-my favorite was when the bumblebee/barricade chase began; when they used the instrumental of "pretty handsome awkward")
    -i also liked the part when bumblebee rolled in with the new 2008(07, 09, wtf?) camaro.

and last but not least, when the autobots landed on earth. but since everyone said that already, w/e..

16. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    when bumblebee changed to the 09 camaro, it was "battle without honor or humanity" (cant remember the artist), but I first heard it in "Kill Bill"

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The arrival of the Autobots was awesome. VERY well done.

18. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    1. Blackout attacks the SOCCENT Forward Operations Base in Qatar
    2. Scorponok attacks the U.S. Ranger Team (poor Zack Ward/First Sgt Donnelly)
    3. Blumblebee vs. Barricade [Round I & II]/Car Chase
    4. Barricade attacks Sam
    5. Mission City Battle (especially when Sam makes a run for it with the All Spark)
    6. Mikaela/Bumblebee Tow-Truck Sequence
    7. Autobots Descend to Earth (moreso when the Autobots join together and transform)
    8. Autobots atop the Planetarium/Autobots Reunite en-route to Mission City
    9. Sam/Mikaela vs. Frenzy
    10. Frenzy Attacks the Air Froce Database ("Decepticons Theme")
    11. Autobots/Sam/Mikaela flee from Sector 7
    12. Megatron Awakens
    13. Any scene using the "Pay it forward-esque theme" (Example: "I got the car, now all I need is the girl")
    14. Prime vs. Bonecrusher