Favorite Mechtech weapon so far for each class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, May 24, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Well, I know we don't have much of a choice for Leaders (Sentinel and Bee)

But we do have a few choices that are out now:

For Voyagers and Deluxe, what do you think are the best Mechtechs around?

For voyagers, I love Optimus' and Shockwave's.

For Deluxe, I think Ratchet has one of the best ones by far.

Anyone has any "favorite" mechtech?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Voyager - easily Shockwave because it actually looks like a part of him rather than a large slab of grey plastic

Deluxe - I only own Crankcase and Barricade, and I think Crankcase's looks better (though Barricade's locks and his doesn't. On the other hand, Barricade's weapon wobbles around in his tiny hands, hard to even point the thing straight). Roadbuster and Ratchet supposedly have cool ones, but I'll probably never own them so I can't say for sure

3. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    don't have many

voyagers - Megatron
    Deluxe - Roadbusters if it locked

4. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Leader-Bumblebee
    Voyager-Takara Optimus Prime
    Deluxe-Crankcase

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Another vote for Ratchet from me. The saw blade spinning once you flip the switch put it over the top in my book. As for the voyagers, it's a draw between Shockwave's doom arm and Skyhammer's OMG BIG SWORD.

As for the leaders, we really don't have much to choose from. Sentinel's shield/shuriken thingy is kinda cool. I actually dig Bumblebee's backpack, but the transformation sound is kind of fickle on mine.

6. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

My choices are identical to yours, although I'd say Starscream is close to Ratchet, just because it locks, and looks cool in both modes. But, Ratchet's is so much more fun.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    Roadbusters and crankcase's mech tech weapons.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have many figures, but...

Shockwave's would be awesome if, even when locked, the smaller cannons weren't at an angle like they weren't pushed all the way.

Megatron's is great, except that it doesn't stay too well in the hole on his arm.

Roadbuster would have the best, IMO, if it locked into place.

Topspin's would be much better if it locked.

Starscream's is neat, but a bit bulky when combined.

That leaves Skyhammer, who has one that locks well and stays on the figure, but unfortunately just doesn't look "cool" compared to some of the others.

With that...

Shockwave
    and
    Roadbuster

(I don't own any leaders)

9. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Easily Jolt. Gun to bigger gun.

Bumblebee is a close second.

Ratchet is third on my list, with Topspin close behind.

With Ratchet and Topspin as notable exceptions, I like the guns that turn into different kinds of guns, as opposed to bladed weapons. A blade on the end of a chunky pole doesn't seem like it would be that useful.

~Matt Booker

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Same here and also Ratchet's, the spinning saw is cool.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    yeah, I was actually saying forget the leader's mechtech, because we have so few to compare. So I was looking into just Voyagers and Deluxe anyways. I guess, for some of the bots, mechtech's gonna be a reason for me to buy or not.

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    So far, I like the shield and sword of leader Sentinel Prime. I find the transforming weapons too silly. Like in voyager megatron, I just can't imagine Megatron trying to claw people or maybe he will use the claw for eating ramen noodles.

13. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Deluxe: starscream or laserbeak.
    Voyager: Optimus
    Leader: sentinel

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    In retrospect I should have created a poll =/

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Deluxe: Roadbuster or Starscream really. Roadbusters may not lock but it has the animated movement of lockdowns chainsaw hand conversion. And starscreams because it makes the figure a lot more interesting than "movie starscream as a deluxe" He kind of has the vibe of a interrogator with the cautious angles of motion.

Voyager. Its got to be Ironhide's. Its even in his bio that is the best. There is no need to lock anything in position or worry about the mechanism getting stuck. It makes a cool war for cybertron like super cannon. It spins by pushing in the mechanism. Try him out at the shop.

16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    I'll review first the ones I have and what I like/don't like:

Barricade's Claw O' Doom- I don't like this one. Claw is too visible and it just looks silly on him. Worst of the ones I have.

Topspin's Crossbow Claw- A cool weapon, sleek with a cool transformation. Problem is it doesn't work for Topspin. He already has two capture claws, so it looks redundant. I tend to give this one to my Skyhammer/Malleus Prime, as it looks killer in helicopter mode.

Roadbuster's Chain Saw Rifle- The best of the bunch and what all mech tech should be. Thin, compact, but transforms into something completely different. Want to get two more (hope I can find someone selling them) and mod Roadbuster so he can use all three in alt mode.

Megatron's Fusion Tank- Great look in vehicle mode, wish it would have sunk more on hsi arm in robot and converted just a touch more.

Shockwave's BFG- The best, but only for him. Looks like it blends perfectly into him, the locking mech is perfect...what more of the mech should be like.

Skyhammer/Malleus Prime's Quad Cannon Sword- Too bulky. Makes it look silly on his arm in sword mode, and when he is in alt mode it just looks sad. Do like the touch of the fake landing gear on it, which is why I allow him to wear it at times, but his main weapon right now is Topspin's

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:

I have very similar Sentiments. On Voyager, the only one I opened so far was OP. The rest I just haven't gotten to them due to time. On deluxe, I have Ratchet's saw-gun, Crankcase's claw gun, and Roadbuster's Chain-saw gun. I really liked all of them, but for some reason, Ratchet's stood out to me. The saw is REALLY fun once you start to play with it. I do like Roadbuster's a lot as well. Crankcase, I feel like, he doesn't really "need" the claw to look good, but I suppose it goes with his theme.

I was actually looking into the same idea as you on Roadbuster himself.

18. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    For Deluxe, Ratchet by a far shot because of the a spinning gimmick. For Voyagers, Shockwave because it looks the best. Overall though, I'm less than impressed on the MechTech stuff.

19. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't say I've liked any of them so far. I only have Crankcase, Roadbuster and Topspin. But I just took the weapons off and put them in a bag.

20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roadbuster!!! Looks good on his arm as a heavy blaster cannon. Love the chainsaw, and am not bothered at all by it not locking. Makes me think of WFC in that sense: a melee weapon stored away that can be quickly snapped out for close-in brawling. I am currently walking the fine line between buying and not buying a second RB to get a chainsaw cannon for the other arm.

Though Wave 2 hasn't shown up in my area yet, I'm going with Shockwave for the Voyager MechTech. As stated, it's unlike the others in that it blends in with the figure, rather than just sitting there looking like a giant extra gun.