Favorite G1 Combiner!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheIronBot, May 26, 2016.

?

Favorite Combiner!?

1. Devastator

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Bruticus

23 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Superion

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Menasor

11 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Defensor

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Predaking

17 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. Abominus

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Liokaiser

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Computron

7 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. RXnewtype93

RXnewtype93 Member

Ebay:
    I always liked Defensor. His appearance always seemed unique to me and he wasn't used a lot so it was neat whenever he showed up.

2. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Defensor

3. JET7

JET7 Well-Known Member

loving this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are all cool, but I draw a distinction between animation and Toy. For Toy I love Computron. Had him as a kid and he was awesome! For animation I like Devastator. But again, I think all the combiners are great!

5. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always been partial to Superion myself. Thought Devastator is pretty awesome too. Ya know, this is a tough decision.

6. Carlitaone

Carlitaone Banned

Bruticus is hands down most fans favorite combiner.

7. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

Predaking is king for a reason, too bad I only have 3/5.

8. Carlitaone

Carlitaone Banned

Predaking is cool. It's a toss up between him and Bruticus really.

It's just Predaking got beat by Skylynx in the g1 cartoon and by Megatron in the g1 comic.

Bruticus is probably the ultimate, complete special forces team, comprised of military vehicles-------brilliant.

Is Broadside as big as Devastator. How was he able to crush Devastator in aircraft carrier mode in "Carnage in C minor?"

9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    It's best if we all just act like "Carnage in C Minor" doesn't exist.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I wish the poll would let me pick multiple options. I have different favorites based on different criteria.

Bruticus, Defensor, and Computron all have some variation in alternate modes which I like but out of the three I think Bruticus mainly because he's had more use outside of G1.

Men as or I've always really liked ever since masquerade because I've always really liked evil versions of the good guy characters. My favorite Superman villain is Bizzaro. Favorite Spider-man villain is Venom. I've even designed the most powerful villains of my own characters as look-a-like villains.

Predaking and Abominus I really like because of Beast Wars. (Terrorcons terrorize would of made more sense considering the Maximals maximize.) And I really like Rippersnapper because I like Aquatic alternate modes but BW Predacons were a more obvious and direct reference to the G1 Predacons than the Terrorcons who I don't even think they were really intended to reference at all. Plus I hate Blot because what the hell even is he? I've never really known what Blot or Blight was suppose to transform into. He's got the proportions of an ape but other than some vaguely ape like shape he doesn't really look like anything.

Also not on the list but considering I just mentioned my affinity for aquatic themes... Why is Piranacon not on the list? I also like how the sixth member can form a weapon for the combined mode... except there's only five for the BW repaint making the weapon modes completely useless. Though without looking it up I can never remember which one does not have a BW counterpart. I do know the squid one was male in G1 and female in BW which is fine cause they're two different characters who just happen to share the same mold. And I know snapping turtle guy was the torso. Other than that I can't remember the other four G1 or three BW characters.

11. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

For autobot either Omega Prime if you count 2 bot combiners or Superion (with Slingshot/Quickslinger not that turd Alpha Bravo) otherwise. Your first is always special!

12. SaberPrime

The title says G1 combiner, Omega Prime, as much as I like him, is not part of the G1 continuity.

It would be a bit a stretch to even include Beast Wars combiners cause even though it's in the continuity family normally when someone specifies G1 they mean cartoon or comics so those guys are questionable as to if they should count or not.

On a side note I kinda wish every Optimus Prime combiner was called Omega Prime... and actually had a combined mode personality instead of just being Optimus Prime with other characters attached to him.

13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Clearly you haven't read IDW.

14. Carlitaone

Carlitaone Banned

This is why Devastator cannot be the best combiner:

Bruticus was just too strong for him.

And Menasor had to sucker punch Bruticus in the back to bring him down.

In a straight fight, no one is more powerful than G1 Bruticus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I always liked predaking myself. Since I never had him growing up so he's my fav and computron was my second.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fav combiner: Devastator
    Fav combiner team: Stunticons
    Fav non-G1 combiner: JRX/Rail Racer

17. SaberPrime

Also forgot to mention in my other post, Devastator is my favorite non-Scramble City combiner because he's the only one with six members and it helps him stand out from the typical five member combiners.

There were others like Devastator in Japan but they never appeared in the US so I don't have any attachment to them like I do Devastator. Plus there's a version of the Constructicons in almost every continuity.

I believe Raiden was a six member Train combiner which sounds awesome and to me he looks like G1 Rail Racer but it's hard to get attached to a character based on design alone.

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    My "Top 5ive" still consist of Devestator, Defensor, Predaking, Computron & Piranacon...if Raiden would of made over to this side...I believe he would've uprooted domebody that isn't Devastator...hard to say who...doesn't Galvatronus count now...???...

19. SaberPrime

Isn't Galvatronus made of dead characters from different continuities? Not entirely sure if he counts as G1 or not. Sure Starscream's ghost is G1 and I think Cyclonus is intended to be the G1 character. But Thrust is from the Unicron Trilogy, Breakdown is from Prime, and I forgot who the other one is...

20. Carlitaone

Carlitaone Banned

G1 gave us Combiners like this:

That's why G1 is simply the best, better than all the rest.