Favorite Fansproject product

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tie for the G3 trailer (I have three small one-item shelves with G1, G2, and G3 spread across and I must say, the way each one progresses looks great.) and the D.I.A. Commander armor (just plain looks awesome).

2. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I own two FP products, Defender and City Commander and I think City Commander is the more impressive of the two.

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    City Commander is my fav. Not to take away from the greatness of Defender though.

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

City Commander I think. But damn Defender is brilliant too, just wish his head wouldn't sit so far back in robot mode.
    I also have the recolor of CC for Prime and Primes G3 trailer and those freakin' rule too!
    Damn, I want the ones I'm missing now..

I want to see more of the Glacialbots. I can has original ice age combiner now?

5. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

city commander. it really makes classics ultra magnus that way it should be, not just "white-colored prime".

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    From what I have, I'm gonna say DIA Commander. If I could get Shadow Commander though, he would take the cake.

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I know right? I was excited when I got the Magnus/Skywarp exclusive, but still felt bitter-sweet about it. Fansproject tugged on some serious heart strings with City Commander.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Shadow Commander trailer/armor.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    So far I only have the CC with the add on kit. Love the thing to pieces. I patiently await my Springer figure because that thing is getting nothing but love.

I missed out on the Superion Upgrade but jumped on the Bruticus upgrades which I am also excited about.

So far CC with upgrade kit is my fav but that is by default lol.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    City Commander. If that was the only product FansProject ever made, I would've been quite happy (even though I love Shadow Commander, the Superion upgrade set, G3 trailer, etc.). It made a random white Prime repaint into a true Classics Ultra Magnus.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I only have the original City Commander release (no upgrade kit) and the Superion upgrade kit. Both are absolutely fantastic, but I think City Commander comes out as my favorite. Still trying to figure out how to be able to afford Defender. ;) 

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Only Fansproject product I have is the City Commander set for my Classics Ultra Magnus, so that's pretty much my favorite.

I'm hoping to get the G3 trailer for Classics Optimus, the add-on set for City Commander, and a trailer for Classics Nemesis Prime. Oh, and of course the Warbot Defender.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  13. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    City Commander set the bar for 3rd party customs IMO and that's my person favorite!

14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well there's not really a Nemesis Prime version of the G3 trailer. Were you planning on getting one for Nem Prime despite that?

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think this probably sums it up the best. After all, they took and existing figure of Hasbro/TakTomy's, and created a transformable armor for it that blends in so seamlessly and changes the look of the figure.

All of their other products are fantastic, no doubt. But damn, if they didn't do a hellified job with the Commander armors.

16. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    My favorite fansproject is whatever they plan on coming out next cause they seem to get better and better with each new project.

17. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I've got the Superion Add-on kit, G3 Trailer, and Powered, Shadow and City Commanders, with Defender and the Bruticus sets on the way.

I just plain love that guys like FansProject EXIST. They're the ones everyone imitates for a reason, after all.

But my favorite is still my very first FansProject product, City Commander. He took what was a bland and unpopular repaint of the Classics Optimus mold (Even I bought the 2 pack for Skywarp) and made him into the essence of what any good Classics toy is: The character of a G1 legend with modernized styling and design.

He still really is the definitive Ultra Magnus for me. He completes the figure so perfectly that you'd think the Classics mold was designed for the armor. and he came at a time when it seemed all we'd ever get again are white repaints of Optimus Prime.

(Granted, the trailer mode isn't a car carrier... but honestly, the only Ultra Magnus who ever pulled that look off effectively was RID Ultra Magnus, and he suffered some robot mode penalties for it.)

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to go with defender. For one, you get it, and that's that. It doesn't need anything else to add on to. It also pulls off being a triple changer perfectly, and everything is just really detailed. Also, there really isn't any visual quibbles I have with it, since I find some things about CC's appearance to be odd, like the face in particular.

19. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So far I am really lovein this Warbot but I also have the add-on to that Hasbro superion so that add-on kit was cool too. Sadly, I only own 2 products cause I missed those TF's that HAVE the fansproject add-ons.

20. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I don't think I've ever been more wowed by a toy than I was with City Commander