Favorite Creation myth of the Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hastur King in Yellow, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Hastur King in Yellow

Hastur King in Yellow Lord of Destruction

In tons of media, there have been origins for how are favorite giant robots came about, be they Quintesson made or birthed from the metallic flesh of primus. i would like to know your favorite creation story of the transformers from any media obviously. my personal favorite is the "atechnogenesis" origin. the "
    the naturally-occurring interaction of gears, levers, and pulleys." concept is alot more appealing to me then the primus creation story.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I like the idea that they were originally built as robotic slaves, so I greatly prefer the FFoD Quintesson origins and AoE Creator origins to Primus and the and the idea that there were naturally occurring gears on Cybertron.

Of course, I'm fine with Vector Sigma/The Allspark giving them life sometime after they were built.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hastur King in Yellow

well, although i like the idea of them evolving over time. my second favorite is the Robotic Slaves origin. just cause it's very interesting and can be used for a ton of stories, and i see the merits of it (if there built and given life, you don't really have the um, "humanized" problems that come with how transformers are made with them evolving over time.)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Originally, growing up on the Marvel UK comics, I'd say the Primus theory, but I did like how the Universe comics reconciled both origins by having the Quintessons conquer Cybertron in the distant pass and use the power of Primus to create their own Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

i like the guiding hand myth.

6. Hastur King in Yellow

It might be cool if a series used the idea that transformers evolved over time idea along with the primus idea and quintesson idea.

Like, Primus is "killed" (left in planet mode permanently) as a result of fighting unicron. as his spark gives out pulses every once in a while. which starts transformers being born and evolving from the planets surface. a couple thousand years later the quintessons show up and a try to enslave the cybetronians. the transformers fight them up using there vehicle forms and proceed to harness the tech they had to build laser weapons and later on huge cities. that would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    1/ Quintesson creation.
    2/ Atechnogenesis (But with a better backstory than in Marvel)
    Don't like the Primus origin at all.
    I don't even like the existence of Primus.
    Unicron doesn't need a heroic counterpart.
    Unicron shouldn't be portrayed as evil so much as he should be portrayed as a force of nature.
    Primus demeans everything else in the Transformers universe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I never liked the Quintessons idea. It just didn't work for me. Likewise, even though I prefer the Marvel (US) comics over the cartoon, I never cared for the idea of natural occuring gears evolving into sentient robots (much as I loath the Quintessons, I take them over that idea).

The Marvel Primus myth was my go-to creation for a long time. Not just because it became more epic, but also because of the implications: Primus had created them not so much to be living sentient beings with a life of their own, but as mere tools to fight Unicron. Something Optimus rebels against until he later concludes the Primus had created them to continu after his passing -- even though I never saw anything that would support such a conclusion.

But since reading James Robert his Eugenesis novel I far prefer that one. That is my creation myth for the TF's. It has the Quintessons and gives a new interpretation to the whole Primus and/vs Unicron idea.
    In short it comes down to: The Quintessons existed and were looking for a way to ascent to a higher level of intelligence, but were unable to. They knew of one race who were close to this level: a race that was able to create life through a program called P.R.I.M.U.S. Through plotting they managed to steal two of the geodes capable of creating life. One of them was damaged causing a virus to be activated and this became Unicron, while the other created a planet and life to discover it's own purpose. This became the planet Cybertron. The Quintessons decided to colonise the planet and steer the life that sprung up on the planet, resulting in robots they could sell. To keep control the Quintessons created a creation myth centered about a God called Primus.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I find that origin about as likely as a house building itself.

10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    What you said, but primus primus aint no hero. Thats a myth.

11. Tinbot

Tinbot Striving for lvl 99

If you have read spotlight Nightbeat he ponders on organic evolution becoming more mechanical, and a fact that energon can be synthesised from organic matter further supports this. However, to perpetuate there has to be some mechanism to multiply and this isn’t explained.

The pantheon of the guiding hand, as told by cyclonus, is an excellent creation myth and gives a lot to think about as well opportunities for creative writing/storytelling.

I just can’t back the idea that unicorn and primus are linked, I find it a bit “egh”.

I find it far more compelling an idea that Titans can seed a planet to be a new cybertron, thus raising new Titans in its own lifecycle, before dieing, hence why cybertron is in such a poor state. Beings such as Unicron are few, but they are the natural predator of these “Titan worlds” it’s simply such a long process, and over such a vast distance, that it’s incimprehensible. <- my own little head cannon.

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Quintessons/Creators.

And I really loathe the very concept of sparks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Ditto.

I like the Marvel explanation of naturally evolving AI. Yes I know that's not EXACTLY how it happened.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a huge fan of the Aligned/ prime myth. Primus and Unicon stuck in a constant struggle and primus decides to tip the balance in his favor, creates the 13 primes, beats unicron, and then the 13 live, betray, create, quinessions come, revolution, "evil primes", Pax/ Megatron revolution, Optimus' birth, Autobot/ Decpetion war. All of it, it just seems so epic, so much of a true space opera...

• Like Like x 3
  15. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Primus created the Thirteen. Solus Prime's spark was used for the Well Of Sparks to create new life. Quintessons had a major influence, and updated the robots. Their advances gave cockpits and the art of transformation.

16. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I like to mix together ALL the creation myths.

17. Hastur King in Yellow

Well, i should have made this clear. i hate the marvel idea of Atechnogenesis. and would want a better version of it, i like the idea of unicorn too. but i hate primus. unicron does not need a good counterpart.

18. Hastur King in Yellow

As do i. the concept is not that interesting, the idea of some religious cybertronians believing in them could be interesting (i enjoy the idea of how some characters believe in primus and such in IDW)
    also, slight nitpick but i wish for a comic or series (don't know if this is a thing or not in IDW or not but) i wish a comic or series would pretty clearly sate a transformers durability and anatomy, so for once it would be clear how much damage they can take when plot armor/weakness is in effect.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Kind of surprised you wouldn't be more into the whole "splinters of timeless cosmic beings who are prophesied to return when the time is right" origin story, given your username.

20. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Pretty much this. I love the mythology that Primus and Unicron add to the backstory of the Transformers.

• Like Like x 1