favorite comic quote's

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by grimlockams prime, Jul 1, 2007.

1. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

i thought this thread would be fun just post your favorite quote(s) from any comic you can think of.

mine is from Ultimate avengers #1 Ultimate captain america says "Surrender!
    Do you think this a on my head stands for France!"

2. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

"THOU ART NO THOR!"

civil war #7

3. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

"I will show them a face not made by God" -- Punisher: The Tyger.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    "I did it thirty-five minutes ago." - Adrian Veidt, Watchmen #11

"Worlds lived. Worlds died. But you survived." - Psycho Pirate, JSA Classified #3

Everything Delirium said - Sandman

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Long one, so bear with me:
    " The Violent crimes? All perfectly natural in a society whose advances are limited to its technology. The basic behavior of the modern human is hardly different from that of it's primative ancestors, the only noticeable changes are trends. Whether in a suit or a loincloth, people are just ignorant little thorns, cutting into one another. They seem incapable of advancing beyond the violent tendancies which at one time were necessary for survival " Johnny-Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

"I am fire! I am life incarnate! I AM PHOENIX!"

"Let me tell you a story..."
    The classic beginning of any issue of Tales of TMNT

"I made my forture by being tougher than the toughies and sharper than the sharpies and I deserve every penny because I made it square. I love to dive around in it like a porpoise, and burrow through it like a gopher, and toss it up and let it hit me on the head."
    Uncle Scrooge McDuck

"You've done a lot to help the green men and the blue men but what I want to know Green Lantern is what have you done for the black man."
    paraphrased, Hard Travelin' Heroes

"In brightest day, in blackest night
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who...let those who... How did that d@mn oath go again?"
    Green Arrow from Green Lantern: Rebirth

"I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty, injustice and my sons and their sons shall follow me."
    The Phantom, Oath of the Skull

"The Phantom is dead, long live the Phantom!"

"I'm nothing like you Sabretooth! You're nothing but a killler! I'm a man who sometimes kills."
    Wolverine paraphrased (from a classic Claremont issue can't remember which one right now)

"I'm the best there is a what I do!"

"It's clobberin' time!"

I'll have more later.

7. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Dr. Mindbender: Ahem!
    Cobra Commander: I saw you there! I was just counting backwards from 10...
    My therapist tells me to do it in stressful situations.

Forge: I see no foot nor ball

8. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

The Green Lantern Oath, it's classic

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

Anything Rorschach says from the Watchman

"The Justice Society ain't just about family......*skip* *skip*skip*... It's not about the blood passed down. It's about the symbols, someone else will pick up the mask and the name" Wildcat (Ted Grant) from the current run of JSA

9. NXN

NXN Photoshop Monkey TFW2005 Supporter

"Rubber bullets..... Honest"
    -Dark Knight Returns- As Batman is mowing down hundreds of mutants with the turrets on his tank.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm batman.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My all-time favorite comic quote:

"Squirrels and coconuts. You spent your whole pathetic life working to whip together this little reunion like a Martha Stewart on acid, figuring to break my spirit... and for a second, it worked... you did it... you had me ready to leap up and impale myself on the nearest circus midget. But then something happened... a synapse fired open and I had what born-agains and alcoholics like to call a 'moment of clarity'. You ever see that old cartoon with the squirrel who's trying to eat a coconut? Chuck Jones, I think... this retarded squirrel finds this coconut and thinks that he's hit the giant acorn motherload- only, he can't crack the nut. It's too hard. So he gets a jackhammer, he throws it down stairs, runs it over with a truck... nothing. Finally, he pushes this monster up a gazillion stairs all the way to the top of the Empire State Building, and heaves it. Crack. Slowly, the shell peels back... and you know what's inside? Another coconut shell. That squirrel is in cartoon hell. That squirrel is me. Every time I get a shot at saving the world, or doing right or waving the truth and justice flag instead of gutting a guy, I do it... and every time, I get the shaft for my trouble. Everytime, there's another coconut shell I gotta crack. But just like that retarded squirrel... in another month or so, the cartoon reruns, and I try again. You did mess up my head by showing me what a dirtbag I've been in my lifetime... but that doesn't change the fact that I still try to be better. I'm giving it a shot. At the end of the day, I'm winning- and I wouldn't have things any different. Except for you, Mercedes... and you only... what happened with you... that wasn't right. For that, I will always be sorry. I will always have a big fat hole in my soul. I know that doesn't make it any better... but I hope you understand: the me that is me now had to make big mistakes to make small progress. When you've lived a life like mine... the small victories are the ones that count. Just remember, when you're looking back in anger at this moment... you've got a second shot here, angel... use it. Don't end up like T-Ray and me. As for the rest of you.... ahem... I WOULDN'T APOLOGIZE TO YOU IF YOU THREATENED TO CONSIGN ME TO SPEND ALL ETERNITY SMOTHERED IN CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND TRAPPED IN A ROSEANNE BARR/STAR JONES SANDWICH! I'M GLAD YOU'RE DEAD! IF I COULD, I'D KILL YOU AGAIN! THEN I'D GO BACK IN TIME AND IMPREGNATE YOUR MOTHERS TO MAKE SURE YOU WERE BORN... AND I'D KILL YOU AGAIN! SO IF YOU WANT ME TO TURN INTO SOME SORT OF BLEEDING HEART AND WEEP OUT AN APOLOGY, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO RIP IT OUT OF ME!!"- Deadpool

Others-

Spiderman: Wha...what happened?

Punisher: We had a team-up...you were great.

"I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No, thank you!"- Joker

And of course:

[​IMG]

12. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I loved that one.

From Secret War

Thing: "Guess what time it is. I'll give you a hint, it starts with a C and has a lobbering in it!"
    Torch: "Dude, 'lobbering?'"
    Thing: "What do you expect? It's 3 in the morning!"

13. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "People think its an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irrisistible inpulse to act. It's never been like that. I CHOSE this life, I KNOW what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however isn't that day. And tomorrow wont be either."
    -Batman, "Identity Crisis."

"You all know me: Deadpool! Last survivor of a doomed planet that was bitten by a radioactive spider and then doused in cosmic rays and garlic, which some people like, but I think it ruins the flavor... wait, hold on, that's not right."

:) 

"Doom's codpiece is FULL of respect!!!"

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

There have been some very good ones but nothing off the top of my head. I know there were a ton in Deadpool and Agent X arcs by Gail Simone.

Although everytime Deadpool mentions being an X-Man around a real X-Man, it's always funny.

But "I'm the goddamn batman" takes the cake.

15. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

That Batman one is for real? I must have whatever comic it's in!

16. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The image in question is from Frank Miller's run of "All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder."

Not sure as to the exact issue...

"The secret is... none of this is actually happening. There is a man. At a typewriter. This is all his twisted imagination." -Deadpool.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

no one knows what issue that Batman quote is from. The comic comes out so sparatically that the only reason anyoine remembers anything from it is because it's so out there. Black Canary as a bartender beating the crap out of people, Jim Lee on art, sexy women everywhere, and terribly written dialogue.

18. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Issue #1 :p 

19. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "I caught a glimpse of heaven once. The angels showed me. The idea was I'd kill for them; clean up their mistakes on Earth. Tried it, didn't like it. Told 'em where to stick it.

So they brought me up to see what I'd be missing. A wife, a son, a daughter- all finally at peace. I hadn't seen them since they bled out in my arms. Then I was cast down.

Back into a world of killers, rapists, psychos, perverts. A new evil every minute, spewed out as fast as men can think them up. A world where pitching a criminal dwarf off a skyscraper to tell his fellow scum you're back is a sane and rational act.

They thought it would be Hell for me. They were wrong." -Welcome Back, Frank.

"They didn't even leave us our Underwear."
    "I don't wear underwear."
    "What? Why not?"
    "I chafe."
    "...I want off the team."
    ~ Spider-Woman and Spider-Man

"Man, Logan! I just beat you like a baggage handler...but Puck hits you once and you're doubled over?"

"There's...no...Adamantium...there!"

20. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    "The last time you really inspired anyone . . . was when you were dead." --Batman to Superman (Infinite Crisis)

*After three, huge, godly, earth elementals tell Superman that they will kill all life on the planet if he does not exile himself*

"And when you do...I'll still be here. Then I will Burn off your ozone...and Tear away your atmosphere. I will Vaporize your oceans...and I will Break you apart with my bare hands. I will scatter you...and you won't be, anymore. Then, reluctantly--I will find a New Home...as a Foreigner" (Superman: For Tomorrow)
    --Yeah, after that, they walked away.

And yeah, I had to get out my book to help with writing that.