Favorite Combiners and Combiner Team Members

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, May 13, 2012.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Out of all the Combiners / Guestalts (what ever you prefer to call them), what is your most favorite combiner team and why?

Who is your most favorite comebiner character? Is it the same as the combiner your favorite team merges to form?

And then of all the individuals that are on a combiner team, which character is your favorite?

I ask this many questions because I'm doing a project and your selections will way an impact on my decisions. Please choose from the Decepticon side as well as the Autobot side. :wink: 

I'll go first to start the converstation. :)  For me Superion has always been my favorite Autobot Combiner, with Computron a close 2nd. How can you not like the unique intelligence coming from 5 transformers combined into one gigantic one? The Aerialbots are without a doubt my favorite Autobot group and I really like Silverbolt as the unique leader he is for his sense of right and wrong, but I also like Air Raid a lot too. I'd say that Strafe is my 3rd favorite Autobot combiner team member individual just because I love his care free excitment thrill seeking persona.

From the Decepticons, It's touch to chooose between Bruticus and Predaking as my favorite. Abominus gets an honorable mention. From the Decepticon individual team members I like Razorclaw the most because of his cool look and his bada$$ way of doing things, with honorable mentions to Divebomb, Blast Off, Hook, and Scrapper.

Who are your favorites?

2. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bruticus is probably my favorite combiner, with Menasor as a close second.

I always enjoyed the military vehicles. But funny enough, even though Bruticus is my favorite combiner, and my favorite combiner team is the combaticons, my favorite character from a combiner team is Motormaster.

3. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toywise I have new appreciation for the seacons. Overall charecterwise I love the stunticons. However my favorite individual is Swindle for his uh swindling so to say.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My favourite combiner team has to be the Seacons, with the team's favourite member in my book being Snaptrap on account of him being both brilliant and brutal. Piranacon is a total beast.

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're all pretty cool really though...

Favorite Combiner Team Members:
    Skydive (favorite ever)
    Lightspeed
    First Aid
    Vortex
    Hun-Grr
    SeaWing
    Slog

Favorite Teams:
    Aerialbots
    Terrorcons
    Trainbots

Favorite Combined Super Bots:
    Superion
    Abominous
    Dragon Beast

-ZacWilliam, how's that last one for obscure...

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Computron is a pretty cool guy

I like the Constructicons and Combaticons too. The latter mostly because of Fansproject.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Landcross is my favourite combiner, Swindle and First Aid are my favourite "components."

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Character wise my favorite combiner team is Bruticus and my favorite combiner Brawl.

Toywise the Seacons and Snap Trap.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

1- landcross
    2- raiden
    3- superion
    4- dino king
    5- liokaiser
    6- defensor

10. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Defensor is my favorite. One of the ones I completed with my father, I was more drawn to the vehicle choices, and that First Aid episode from the cartoon always stood out in my mind from childhood during the long period where there was no way to rewatch the show. I like to think of "Rescue Bots" as the Protectobots for a new generation

As for individuals, my tops would be Swindle. He doesn't even need a team to stand out, as "Animated" proved.

11. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Superion is my favorite combiner, but the combaticons are my favorite team. That evil A team vibe is just too cool. And Swindle is easily my favorite team member.

12. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

It's a shame the Seacons never got any western animation backstory. That would have made them awesome all the way around.

BTW, no Monstructor fans? LOL

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Combiner: Either Predaking or Piranhacon
    Combiner team: Combaticons
    Combiner team members (alphabetical order): Brawl, Onslaught, Overbite, Snaptrap

14. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My favorite team has to be the Predacons, cause of their animal forms, i always loved them in the G1 cartoon. My favorite team member is Razorclaw.

Its a shame that the Dinobots never combined, that would have been awesome.

15. tuddymus bee

tuddymus bee Well-Known Member

Combined: Predaking, the look
    As a team: Stunticons, the arrogance
    Single 1: Scattershot, the anxious attitude

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a weird choice, but I actually really love Landfill. Part of it is probably that he was my first real combiner, but I still think that the design is good, the sculpting is awesome, and the modular design is pretty cool (even if my Heavy Load is broken and can only become the arms - although, in fairness, that is by far my favorite combination). Rail Racer is pretty boss, too, but I think Landfill just edges him out.

As for individual members I was always a huge fan of First Aid when I was a kid and I was really glad I had his toy. I also loved my Afterburner figure, even though he was all I ever had of Computron.

17. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

The Combaticons are my faveourite group Bruticus is my faveourite combined and Onslaught is my faveourite individual

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

my fav combier is defensor and i love hot spot the leader of protceobots

19. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Combiner:
    1. Tripledacus
    2. Computron
    3. Magnaboss

Team:
    1. Combaticons
    2. Stunticons
    3. Technobots

Component:
    1. Dead End
    2. Brawl
    3. Afterburner

20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My favorite combiner Team is the Stunticons. I love cars and decepticons. How can you go wrong with the Stunticons then, eh? I had them when I was a kid and loved them then as well.

And Menasor is definitely my fav gestalt, even though he's never been a powerhouse or anywhere close to the smartest of the bunch, I still love him... mostly because he's the combined form of the Stunticons.

Motormaster and Dragstrip are my fav combiner characters. But if I had to choose between them it'd be Motormaster. He's so adorable trying to be better than Optimus yet can never and will never be. Also he's got a Big Rig for boots.

Runner up Gestalts: Predaking, Bruticus, Devestator, Abominus and Piranhacon (in that order)

Oh right the 'Bots have combiners too...

Fav Gestalt team on the 'Bot side: Technobots, never had them as a kid but always thought they looked cool.

Fav Gestalt: not sure on this one, I do kind of like Defensor so I'll go with that. I always liked the fact that his gestalt head was actually part of Hot Spot.

Fav gestalt individual character: This is a tough one, I've always be more partial to the 'Cons and it was my brother that was the 'bot guy. I'll go with Streetwise just because I like his toy.