Favorite Batman movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hotshotprime43, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Favorite batman movie

1. Batman (1943)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Batman and Robin (1949)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Batman: The movie (1966)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Batman (1989)

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  5. Batman Returns (1992)

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Batman Forever (1995)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Batman and Robin (1997)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Batman Begins (2005)

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  10. The Dark Knight (2008)

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Red hood is my favorite too.
    Everything, except for Batman and Robin and Batman Forever, are also great.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The Dark Knight. It is everything Batman is and should be, yet manages to give us one of the best Jokers and Two-Faces of history and still be just an all-around amazing story. Dark Knight Rises is setting up to outdo even that. Literally it's almost hard to go into detail because there's barely a negative thing I could say.

After that is the 1989 Batman. I'm not quite as enamoured with this film as most people seem to be. Yes, Keaton is a great Batman, but I never really recognised him as much of a character I could care about. He was an entity more than a person, which I guess was good to an extent, btu I never felt I needed to root for him because he seemed so machine-like as Batman.And every time he took the mask off I just saw Michael Keaton acting like Michael Keaton. Plus, there weren't that many actual characters in the movie to the point where it seemed almost empty. Add to that a great but not steller Joker and cringe-worthy pop music and I find I only place it so high merely because I feel I have to.

After that is Batman Begins. An epic origin tale that is literally on par with the first Burton film for me. It did A LOT right. Batman's life as a child and his wandering across the world was told brilliantly and Liam Neeson as Ras al Ghul was the perfect casting. My reservations are on a technical level. I did not like the Begins costume. On top of being too similar to the Burton films' costume the head never looked right to me. The nose was too smooth and the shape of the mouthhole puffed out his cheeks and combined with thE too narrow top made his lower face look too large. Thank God the suit got redesigned in TDK with a much cooler cowl with a more traditional angled nose, not to mention just generally looking like an actual combat suit with the tech and armour Batman needs. Plus the action, outside the amazing Batmobile chase that was better than any action scene in TDK or any other Batman movie so far, was lackluster and too blurry and fast.

Then there's Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. The best thing I like about this movie is it's an origin tale about Batman that doesn't show his parents' death. In fact, their death was never actually shown in the DCAU. It was all abstract memories and brief flashbacks. But yet they still work as his entire motivation. In fact, the movie is so well crafted for a cartoon that at the end where Batman an Joker fight it almost seems too basic. They always fight, and have had worse scraps than that. It seemed too cartoony for such a maturely handled film.

3. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I also liked Batman: Returns, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and hopefully The Dark Knight Rises. It pretty much depends on how well-done it was and how much I enjoy it. At least I have Catwoman to look foward to since she has always been one of my favorite characters. I even liked the 1966 Batman movie, Batman: Forever and Batman and Robin mostly for their fun factor. Yes, they're among my list of guilty pleasure movies, so sue me. :p 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Can't choose between Batman Begins & The Dark Knight - loved them both equally.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

batman and robin with rifftrax! :lol 

mask of the phantasm; is currently my favorite batman movie. then batman return of the joker.

Then Batman Begins. Tim Burton's batman movies. the '66 tv show batman movie, the dark knight, *i put the dark knight here; mainly due to the fact i didn't really like the joker in it. and i wished batman would just speak, and not try to growl or what ever while he's doing that, it just sounds horrible.* then probably red hood. also I liked batman forever, it was campy, but fun. i like batman serious, but not TOO serious. i also like it campy as hell.

i guess that is why i liked the 60's batman so much.

7. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I still love 'Forever too. I've always just been a fan of Batman tbh. Goofy, campy, serious, what have you, I love Batman. I grew up watching the 60's series as well as Burton's movies and the TAS, so I'm very diversified in my appreciation of Batman. Plus Forever was the first one I got to see theatrically and I loved every second of it.

8. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

since i hate the tim burton films with a passion....i'll have to vote for the dark knight

9. Dolza_Khyron

batman's always been awesome, regardless of the incarnation. even in the 60's. he's still pretty damn cool. but not just because of batman himself, but because of the hugely memorable villains. no other super hero has more, *quantity* memorable villains then he does.

like superman, or spiderman, i couldn't tell you many of their villains by name. i know the ones who have been in the cartoons, but that's about it. i don't read the comics, but nor do i read the batman comics either. but maybe the batman animated series just utilized the villains in a more FUN way then the other spiderman or superman cartoons have done.

10. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I didn't get into Supes or Spidey until years and years later, but I've literally been hooked on Batman since I was old enough to walk. One of my first memories is playing with an '89 Batmobile and a stuffed Adam West toy. I LOVE the '60s series. Those villains were great because of who was playing them. They were great actors, some of them literally screen legends. I pointed out Caesar Romero in "the Thin Man" to my friends a few days ago and they were shocked that he was so diverse in his acting talents.

I am SOOO glad we're finally getting full seasons of the '66 series, as well as merchandise like more toys and such. I am a happy Bat-Fan.

11. Dolza_Khyron

yea lol i got into batman thanks to that 80's challenge of the super powers show. and some of the 60's batman series.

i've been hooked since i first bought my batman and robin figures from the super powers line, way back in the 80s. i still have both figures too.

though they're falling apart now.

so i've enjoyed many different incarnations of the characters.

but my one problem with the joker in the dark knight is, well he just wasn't funny. the way the joker has always been. i've always liked how the joker in the animated series would create big plans, that were impossible to defeat... just to force batman to all him to toss a pie in his face, ordinary PIE in the face. lol

that is what i loved about the joker. the dark knight had none of that.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I have to go with The Dark Knight solely because of Heath Ledger's performance.Otherwise I'd go with the original Batman(1989).

13. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Batman Begins.

14. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight simply because of Heath. Best villain ever.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Probably Batman, followed by The Dark Knight and then Batman Returns.

And honestly, I'm going to be brave and say something that may or may not get me proverbially stoned...

I enjoyed Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. :confused2  Not as much as the ones listed above, obviously, but I really liked them as a kid and I still find them to have a certain charm that I can still smile at. :) 

16. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I honestly have to agree with you. I also liked Batman: Forever and Batman and Robin as a kid, too. Even in this very day and age, I still enjoy them for what they're worth. I even own the DVDs of these films. :) 

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight by a wide margin.

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

19. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Since I hate Christopher Nolan with a passion, I will have to go with the 1966 Batman.

That's the one with the rubber shark and Cesar Romero as the Joker who wears make up over his moustache right?

Man, that guy was evil.

Apparently Tim Burton made some Batman movies as well.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TDK - loved the dynamics of Bats/Joker/Harvey. Joker stole the show but Bats was pretty good also.

Batman Begins - loved how they showed his origins

Batman 89 - good designs, memorable characters and had a "fun/dark" feel.