Fav Anime

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by EvaUnit13, Jun 15, 2007.

1. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

For me over all it's the UC Gundam saga from First Gundam all the way till V Gundam. Cowboy Bebop is a close second with Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure in third. As for movies it's Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro in the number one spot, thus my screen name . With anime thats on-going right now it's all about Bleach.

2. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

NARUTO! It's like a cartoon soap opera! Great fight scenes.

and Digimon Savers, i can't wiat till the dub airs!

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After 8 kajillion animes based around badasses/mechs I actually started getting tired of that type and it opened myself up to much more entertaining animes, IMO. I would say that the Tenchi Muyo would be my favorite series, but for movies I might have to say Princess Mononoke. (As far as badass ones go, though, I am a sucker for Vampire Hunter D, and despite the 3 I mentioned being pretty mainstream I do see a lot outside of mainstream)

4. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

Superb movie. Must have seen it about 30 times in the last decade or so and I never tire of it.

5. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Without a freaking doubt, Cowboy Bebop. Like has been said before: that show is pure class and perfection all throught.

6. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I love that show. Can't say I can find ma dvd's though... :( 

7. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Oh, Neon Genesis Evangelin, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Record of Lodoss War OVA, Excel Saga, Bubblegum Crisis 2021, Blue Seed, 3x3 Eyes, GTO (FTMFW! love that series), Martian Successor Nadesico, ...I have too many favorites

8. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Hooray for Excel! :D 

9. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Macross.

Nothing will EVER be able to touch it.

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I forgot I got you into Berserk, but I'm glad you like it. :D 

11. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the 80s version of astro boy.
    the original dragon ball is probably a close second, followed by dbz. i remember getting up at some ridiculous hour in the morning just to watch it way back in the day. the theme song was so much better back then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzz6bEGZeA
    oh yeah.

12. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For full length series I'd say Full Metal Alchemist is my current favourite. The series seems to deal with adult issues without pulling punches, yet it doesn't become so dark that it becomes just another cliche dark/anti-social anime. Not everything that happens is bad, yet nothing is ever totally great. Like real life.

13. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I would have to say Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo (took me a while to warm up to it, but I love watching every ep, especially the baseball one), Gundam 0083, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto (another one that I've warmed up to), and Ghost in a Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

14. Radaphyte

Radaphyte Sanity redefined.

Gunslinger Girl.

Little girls + guns + really, really sad story = not only the best anime I've ever seen, but the best tv show.

I still have a poster of my darling Henrietta on my wall. My parents think it odd that she's 10, but I'll defend her honor to the death!

#goes back in his box#

15. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Movies, I'd say Kite was my favourite (Really looking forward to the LA movie)

And for series, I can't really narrow it down to one, but my top faves are Mezzo DSA and Bubblegum Crisis. BGC because it was the first anime I watched, and is what got me into the anime world, and Mezzo - well I don't really know why, I just really enjoy it :) 

16. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Nice, good to know that others on the boards love it too. I have to ask what is you faverate part of it?

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No particular order:

- Paranoia Agent - Trippy with a great story, animation and characterizations. Some of the episodes were a little confusing, but I loved the blurring of fantasy and reality.
    - Elfen Lied - A dark series that dealt with a lot of mature themes without pulling punches. Stellar animation and voice work as well (dub).
    - Fullmetal Alchemist - The longest series I've currently finished and the most overall consistent anime throughout it's run (though the ending was a bit weak, IMO). The only one listed here that I've rewatched recently.
    - Hellsing Ultimate Series - Could easily become my favorite once all is said and done. Easily bests the original anime in every way.

Honourable mentions:
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion - I liked the psychological stuff and character development, but the reduced animation in the last third and the awful original ending keep it off my absolute favorites. I significantly prefer the manga, where the characters are fleshed out more (Shinji less annoying, Rei more than a prop, Kaji gets more history, Kaworu shows up earlier...Asuka gets side-lined, unfortunately). Looking forward to Rebuild, though.
    - Eureka Seven - Honourable mention because I haven't finished watching it yet (currently on DVD V7). The start of the series was a bit too slow, but it looks to be building for a great pay-off. No spoilers, please!
    - Cowboy Bebop - I really enjoyed most of it, but the Spike/Julia/Vicious plot didn't interest me and the ending two-parter was boring.

18. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Series? I'm going to totally get made fun of for this, but Sailor Moon. From the first season, all the way through Sailor Stars. Yes, I'm a straight dude who likes Sailor Moon. Deal with it!.

Dragonball (not Z) is also one of my favorite series.

For Anime movies? Simple. "Grave of the Fireflies". If you haven't seen it, please do. It's a heart wrenching story but it's just so damned good.

19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Favorite anime? Hoo boy, here we go:

-Azumanga Daioh (Funniest anime EVER! :D )
    -Cowboy Bebop
    -Dai-Guard
    -Dragonball Z
    -Elfen Lied
    -Excel Saga
    -Fullmetal Panic!
    -Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu
    -Fullmetal Alchemist
    -GetBackers
    -Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    -Gravion
    -Gravion Zwei
    -G-Gundam
    -Gundam Wing
    -InuYasha
    -Kikaider
    -Madlax
    -Naruto
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion
    -One Piece
    -Outlaw Star
    -Tenchi Muyo!
    -This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
    -Trigun
    -Yu Yu Hakusho

20. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I have alot of series that I really like, but I'd have to say that Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam tops the list. Despite it's cliffhanger ending (which is forgiveable considering it leads into another series), it just had such good action, characters, and story that I can never deny it's power. Second would have to be Rahxephon. I just loved that it was really just a good old fashioned love story, one with a great ending and great characters. As for movies, I'd have to go with Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, because I'm a sucker for D stories and the animation is just gorgeous, and Castle of Cagliostro, because who can resist Miyazaki Lupin?