Fav Anime

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by EvaUnit13, Jun 15, 2007.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What is your favorite anime? Mine is Evangelion, hence my name.

2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Hellsing. It was just so damn stylish and cool while still having a pretty good plot. Alucard also has to be my favorite anime character. Sure he's way overpowered but just so much fun to watch!

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Care to briefly elaborate why? :) 

I like overpowered bad-ass protagonists. Although Alucard is a wee bit too skinny in my eyes...

Favourite anime of all time? Hrmmm...hard to say, even if I don't watch a whole lot of anime. Heck, I can't even remember what I've watched...

Utawarerumono sticks out from my mind. Mostly because of the squeaky, fluffy eared gals, and the fact that the main protagonist is Godzilla. But I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting quite a few good titles...oh well.

I predict Nerroth will soon chime in with Fate/Stay Night. :p 

P.S. Do Micron Legend, Superlink & Galaxy Force count tho? Not that it makes a difference...

4. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion tops my list ^^
    You just can't beat giant biomechanical monsters and talk about ceilings and hedgehogs, plus that Rei Ayanami rocks....in her own way :p 
    But Naruto, fruits basket, School rumble and Love Hina is awesome too, They deerve to atleast be mentioned.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

That would be the one that i bought all the season box sets for (@ $90+ each): Ranma 1/2

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Crap, sorry. I just feel Shinji is the anime version of me, just look at my sig. Can't beat a humanoid robot who shifts sizes with no explanation:lol  Also, the *ahem* "adult" thmes in it.

7. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

I think Evangelion started my decreasing interest in anime ( I just found it tedious and annoying to be honest, sorry ) whereas in the early to mid 90's I was into it all in a big way with Akira, Wings of Honneamise, Devilman, Cyber City Oedo 808, My Neighbor Totoro, Macross Plus, Bubblegum Crisis, Space Adventure Cobra, Teknoman, Ninja Scroll, Battle Angel Alita, 3x3 Eyes, Ghost in the Shell and many others really had me hooked. Only anime in last 10 years I really enjoyed has been Cowboy Bebop which is just class through and through. A friend of mine is lending me the Ghost In the Shell - Stand Alone Complex DVD set if my neighbours ever allow me some peace and quiet. Enjoyed the old movie of it as I mentioned and a Yoko Kanno soundtrack usually has me interested (loved the work on Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus). Oh yeah must say I really liked pretty much all of Miyazaki's work in the last 30 years or so it must be now...

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Well, I do like F/SN a lot, but my two favourite series overall are Planetes and Ergo Proxy.

They are both well-written, clever, thought-provoking and just plain awesome!

Though the Planetes manga is better than the anime, so Ergo Proxy gains extra credit for being written for the screen as opposed to being an adaptation...

Gary

9. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

Dragonball Z, it was the first anime i was turned onto and it just sucked me into this whole anime "thing". Not to mention it had some of the coolest fights that ive ever seen, Goku Vs Majin Vegeta FTW!. There are others as well, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun. I have yet to sit through all off Eva.

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Berserk, it was just full of so much awesome.

11. thlinux

thlinux O/S Prime

Ebay:
    I have to agree with Carnivac re: Miyazaki. I absolutely love Spirited Away, Nausica, and Howl's Moving Castle. His others are excellent as well. Leji Matsumodo has held my attention since I was a child as well. I love the Yamato/Galaxy Express universe. Evangelion was actually pretty good, but I have not had a chance to see it past the first few episodes. Of course nothing beats my first love Robotech/Macross. None of the series after Macross matter. Although Shadow Chronicles was pretty decent.

12. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

All time favorite?? Ranma 1/2 hands down. I must of watched the first season a hundred times on vhs back in high school... memories...

13. iikagen

iikagen Hates Bumblebee!

Great Teacher Onizuka

As far as current though, I'm really digging Claymore.

14. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Evangelion is my favorite, without a doubt. Kino's Journey comes in at a close 2nd place, with Azumanga Daioh in third.

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

One Piece. I love the artwork, and it has great characters and story. I don't really watch the filler episodes though since they tend to be extremely boring.

Following closely behind is Fate/stay Night and Romeo X Juliet.

16. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Same.

I haven't seen any other anime that even comes close.

17. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Its hard for me to pick a single top anime, but I'll 3rd Deefuzz and Violator with Berserk and toss in GitS: SAC and Gankutsuou. And thanks to Violator for getting me into Berserk.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got no one absolute favourite, but plenty of ones I've enjoyed tremendously:

New Getter Robo (2005 OVA) - really, really awesome in the later episodes.
    Gunbuster - a clever idea with the time dilation thing, plus some of the coolest mecha combat sequences ever.

Of course, the one that really stands out for me (lets face it, this is me we're talking about so of course I'm going to plug this show):

Gaogaigar

Starts out as a typical super robot show, but it picks up big time after a few episodes, and gets better and better as it goes. The OVA, Gaogaigar Final, is as good as it gets and has some of the most incredible fight sequences ever animated - if you're a fan of mecha anime, you really ought to watch OVA for the insane fights. It's the opposite of Evangelion - upbeat heroes, government agencies who genuinely want to help humanity and not just pursue their own goals, and you know what side people are on (well, most of the time)

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Digimon, Full Metal Panic, Fruits Basket, Kenshin, DNAngel and InuYasha.

20. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

Full Metal Panic, Digimon and Fruits Basket for me.

I did like Evangelion a long time ago, but i can't get back into it anymore.

FMP was so much better