Fate of FPC?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dwong1207, Sep 28, 2012.

1. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

So Holiday Exclusive Insecticons and now Assaulter are being released, but not through FPC. With the FP Insecticons not going through FPC we might say coincidence. FPC gave us the first look at Assaulter, but it sounds like it will be a general release. I think the case is building that FPC is on the outs with FP. Does any insider know whats going on?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The other school of thought is that FPC conceeded to the fact that they can not deal with high volume shipping.

There is definately something going on though because at a point ALL FP news was announced on FPC's site.

Then again, they really did a piss poor job shipping out SC. Not so much with the bulk of the shipments (although most we late) but in regards to communication and replying to the small group of people with issues. FP has a spotless reputation and FPC put a tarnish on it, I wouldn't be surprised if FP told FPC to bugger off OR FP wants to see a game plan before they do something with FPC again.

I really hope that FPC stays around and forms a bigger bond with FP because I want to know what those crystals are for and The Crystallon Horde needs a Herr Transbot figure to lead them.

3. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I want my crystals! :mad 

4. dwong1207

Yeah, those Crystals were a curious thing...I was assuming they were based on your purchases, but we might never find out. We shall find out. Honestly, if we don't hear from FPC by the end of the year with all the planned goodies FP has in store, I think I'll call them defunct.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe, just maybe, FPC will be used to promote FP's original character releases that relate to the three faction fiction.

I will start worrying about the FP/FPC relationship once the Glacialbots are out and not on FPC's page.

6. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FPC was never intended to supplant BBTS, TFS and other retailers that have supported FansProject in the past. The initial Steelcore release was just a special occasion.

Assaulter was always a "general release" - all their stuff is. People were just reading too much into that one occasion

The insecticons are TFS annual holiday exclusive.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only one in the thread that gets it is this guy.

8. dwong1207

We will wait and see. I'm just saying that it sounded like FPC had the inside track and had the news and updates. They very well may put up Assaulter too. But time will tell.

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But wasn't FPC supposed to be THE go-to place for FP news, and also have their products for sale?
    Or did I just make that up?

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I can't speak about the product sales but from my understanding FPC was the place to break all FP news. They should have had news about the TFSource Holiday exclusive and news about the Assaulter preorder/release date.

That is two ships missed, until more is discovered all I can say is that this doesn't look good for FPC.

11. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The TFSource exclusives have nothing to do with FPC at all.

12. OptionZero

News Credits:
    No. Venkata made it clear that FP and FPC were separate albeit friendly entities.

Think about your favorite sports team and it's website. You might get
    some access and news, but the players and coaches aren't running that website,and the site editors are only going off what they get from the players and coaches or management.

13. Astronut

News Credits:
    But if they're supposed to be a FP news site, they should announce FP products anyone, no matter how exclusive it is to another store.

My favorite sports team's website lets me know when and where my team is playing, on what channel it'll air on tv, and which players are signed and sold. It's not like a player gets sold to a rival team, and the website pretends it never happens.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That is the way I thought it was supposed to work.

So they get some news and had one exclusive. That sounds like very little to come out of a site that has FANSPROJECT as part of the name.

15. dwong1207

Something just doesn't smell right. I am on the same page with Transbot and Astronut and thought that at least news was supposed to come through them. They had this big launch with SC and hyped up Assaulter and now nothing. They might not have to sell everything, but it sounded like a big partnership.

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FPC is a community site, and not intended to solely be a news site. If a product is a store exclusive, why would FPC post that news instead of the store? That doesn't really make much sense.

17. Astronut

News Credits:
    It makes sense because FPC is a FP community/news site (or they appeared to be early on). Not just "a community site" (that's TFW). If they didn't have FansProject in their name, I wouldn't disagree with you.
    I'm really wondering what FP got out of the agreement with FPC, because they certainly aren't getting any good advertising, sales or news spreading from them.

18. OptionZero

News Credits:
    FPC was intended to support the community aspect of Fansproject's fiction, but that has yet to be revealed. People have this misconception that FPC is supposed to be this exclusive webshop on the lines of Tamashio Nations but it's really not.

19. Astronut

News Credits:
    The Future of FPC | FansProject Core
    I knew I didn't make that up.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    First and foremost is fan news, this will always be a resource for Fans Project and other related fan news, releases and announcements. If there is information to be had this will be the place to find it.

Straight from the site. Store exclusive or not, the Deluxe Insecticons is FP news.

Something happened on the FPC side of things. I personally believe it is a situation where the eyes were bigger than the stomach and they bit off more than they could chew.

I wish I had an ear of someone associated with FPC, there is so many little things they could do to build up the reputation of their name and they are doing absolutely nothing. Le Sigh.