"Fat People" are Endangering The World's Food Supply

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shatterpoint, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

firstly I know a few fat people who don't eat as much as I do and they're still fat (and I'm a skiny skeleton and tend to eat a fair amount) secondly, you have any idea how much food people eat after they get high? CRAP LOADS

2. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Don't be an exceptionist. Exceptions don't overturn the majority, it just seems that way because *everybody* *always* brings up the exceptions.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't believe it.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't some of the most successful competitive eaters like, little asian guys who weight 120 lbs rather than stereotypically fat people or Power Ranger villains?

5. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I call it like I see it. And the idea is stupid. I did no call a person stupid. The idea is stupid and any idea can be stupid.

And you assume too much. Lack of personal drive? Do you know every fat person to be able to make such a generalization?

Why don't you try harder to stop making snide comments to members here. You're the one who rubs people the wrong way.

Oh I know. I should go sit in time out.

Actually the exceptions AKA the vocal MINORITY often times do overturn the majority.

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

A link between obesity and using too much of the food supply doesn't surprise me, even while there are clearly exceptions and other related factors. However, does it make more sense to say obesity depletes food resources, or that depleting food resources (by eating them) contributes to obesity? I'd say the latter.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

please sombody lock this silly thread

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I'm just glad I'm contributing to something.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The real problem is that ppl only think for themself and the ones close to them. Many ppl dont look at the big picture. This goes beyond food issues and so on. THe whole mentality of mankind needs to change and that needs to be done on individuallevels as well as the higer upps.

You dont need to eat 2 pounds of meat every day.
    You dont have to take the car for that 5 min drive..you got legs use them
    Recycle...it aint that hard.
    Dont have a thousend things on stand by, just have them all hooked up to one divider and unplug it when going to bed/work...once again not hard.

But knowing mankind...ppl dont generally dont give a shit as long as their own ass has it good.

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :redface2: 

You realise that excessive consumption of soda is essentially overeating, right?

11. LamboTwinLove

Technically no. Because it's drinking. Not eating. :) 

12. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's sticking more stuff in to your mouth than you need and most if not all of the ingredients are common to both food and drink. The difference is one is already liquidy and makes you fatter faster.

THE WORLD IS DYING BECAUSE THERE'S NOT ENOUGH MT DEW TO GO AROUND.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong about it going in mouth.

Seriously though, I always thought "eating" had some sort of solid connotation. Also, how can chugging pop equate to endangering the food supply? Like, its not like there's any "food" in there, so you'd mainly be wasting water if anything.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    While there are some truths in this article I feel that it is over generalizing a great deal. Not every fat person is fat because they eat gluttonous amounts of food. There are also plenty of skinny people that eat way more than some fat people I know. Genetics plays a large role in obesity as well as how much or little a person eats... also things like exercise help a lot too.

It may actually be more prudent to say that depleting food resources do to over-consumption of said food leads to obesity rather than stating that obesity depletes the world's food resources.

There are other problems too that I would consider more prominent and more worthwhile to look at finding solutions for rather than attempting to make any one type of person come off as a scape goat. How much food gets wasted daily is a really big issue. Serving portions have gone up, but the idea of eating everything on your plate doesn't correlate with this. Many restaurant portions are honestly impossible to eat in one sitting for the average person and this can lead to food waste as well.

Also, when they talk about food consumption in these types of articles I have to question if they are actually talking about what people are actually taking in or what is being made in general by said people. I bring this up as having "eyes bigger than your stomach" has become pretty regular in modern society and I'm wondering if this article is taking into consideration that what many people put on their plates may not be eaten. This would be an issue for both obese and skinny people.

Honestly, there are so many issues that go into the whole problem of food shortage from under production to over-consumption that it's unfair to peg this on any one group. Especially when obesity is a loaded issue in and of itself and there are plenty of obese people that aren't obese due to overeating, but for other reasons entirely.

15. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The main point is that it makes you fat ala overeating.

Food supply trouble I guess from using up all our precious sugar and artificial colours?

16. LamboTwinLove

I realize this. I don't know if you read my post there but that was a 2 year period of unemployed depression that I did say when, 4 years ago by the way. I never said how many sodas I drank a day. I didn't say what kind. Some are worse then others. I also said I was lucky if I ate one meal a day during that time. And by meal I mean a sandwich or something little. I just didn't care then, that's what depression does.

17. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, fat is more of a state of being when used to describe people, while over eating is more of an action is excess. One usually equates to the other, but they're not necessarily the same thing, which is why I think we're playfully poking at it.

You're right though. Precious colours are precious. :) 

18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    ...... lol oh this is a lol moment

okay avage wieght of a person 75kg okay well lets put it in a nice way my docter said if i drop below 95kg i would probly die ive been told a nice healthy weight for me is 110 kg note im 140kg so i am over weight for me but and here is the big BUT lol

i weight lift i have 2 protein shakes a day 1.5 leters of water and i eat a normal size meal thats it

sure there is the odd junk food but only when i rent a movie or go to the movies or a birthday party or cristmiss.

I find that this artical has got 1 very important point over population could turn into a problem thats why im only haveing 2 kids thats my part done :D 

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Who know else endangers the world's food supply.

EVERYONE!

20. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well that, and herbivores.