Fat man, small plane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PopCulturePooka, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I do see a problem with this, but it's asking for a lawsuit if they told him he was too fat to get on the plane. I feel bad for the guy. Nothing to joke about.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's the guy next to him that gets me.
    "Are you KIDDING...?"
    And I don't blame him at all.
    They should have either made him pay for a row, or left his luggage behind to make up the difference in weight. We get one carry on bag, and then THAT walks on? Fuck you, tubster. I feel bad for him too, but for fuck's sake.

3. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    Fuck his fat ass.
    What about potential lawsuits if a flight attendent injures herself trying to pass by him? Or if theres an evacuation and people stuck behind his rotund self can't get out in a timely manner?
    Should a person sitting next to him, unable to enjoy his seat properly because he is sharing it with Captain Eatstoomuch, be able to claim a partial refund?

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

wild Snorlax used fly

how wide are those seats?

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not the smallest guy in the world, but I can fit between two armrests. This guy...man, if I was the guy sitting next to him, I'd be whispering him fat jokes the whole flight til he got mad enough to cause a scene and gets arrested. Next time, he'd get two seats. Or a U-Haul.

6. MattPoole52

MattPoole52 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thought this was Mark Mangino on his flight away from Kansas?

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This isn't even funny it's so sad.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I'm tired of these muthaf*ckin' fatties on this muthaf*ckin' plane!

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Wow... I think someday they'll just make an "XXL" section in the back of the plane so we won't have this problem. But only...

[​IMG]

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Getting that big requires some serious effort and years of opportunities to change.

Airlines should really charge a weight excess once people get over the 300lb mark (or similar).

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ya know....it's because of events like that(and my fear of heights) that makes Driving across the USA seem enjoyable....

I've never been on a plane so I wouldn't really know whats it's like.

12. red4

red4 Banned

It's my complete lack of knowledge of flying an airplane that keeps me from getting on airplanes. Coupled with the fact that they don't pack an emergency parachute for every passenger.
    When it comes to a wheeled vehicle, I have a good chance of knowing how to steer it to safety. If I can't, I can at least fool myself into believing that I can escape the vehicle, and land somewhere and not be mortally injured. Same goes for a boat. But on an airplane, if I manage to escape without a parachute, I have nowhere to go except down... for thousands of feet. And then SPLAT.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:

:lol 

14. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    They should make them walk the distance.

15. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

In the big feller's defense, airpane seats are uncomfortably tiny.

In the airline's defense, DAYUM, thats a big bitch!!!

16. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I'm surprised they didn't move more passengers to the right side of the plane to stop it from aileron rolling.

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My brother-in-law is nearly that big, and has had to pay for two seats before. That guy should've, as well. If you don't fit, you don't fit -- simple. Ya canna change the laws o' physics.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    The guy can't even fit into those huge first class seats and there he is in economy? Something is seriously wrong there.

Speaking of extra large people on planes, when we went to Tokyo last year, our flight from Detroit to Tokyo had a huge, defensive end sized person (minus the athleticism) sit on the seat to the left of my wife. She was leaning against me the entire 10+ hour flight.

I was on the aisle but didn't fare much better because a slightly, ONLY SLIGHTLY, smaller guy was on the other side of the aisle.

The worst part? The guy to the right of me gets up, bends over, exposes plumber's crack to the fullest.

Picture me trying to lean left against my wife to avoid getting a full look of fat hairy ass crack and her leaning right trying to avoid non-showering mountain of man fat that's on his way to Thailand to do God only knows what.

Yeah.

I'll never fly NorthWORST again.

19. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

How does the whole two tickets thing work? I know that sounds like a dumb question, so before anyone calls me a dolt, let me elaborate. One time a couple of years back my father, brother, and I were going to fly to visit my grandmother. About a week before the flight my brother pulls a douche move and decides not to go (non-refundable ticket). We figure then at least well have a comfy flight with an extra seat to spread out. When we get to the airport, the ticket checker person informs my dad that since my brother wasnt there his seat would be forfeited and sold to someone else. We tried everything to get that ticket back and then even tried to sell it to someone else. The airport said we couldn't do that since the name would be different, claiming some lame-ass security excuse. So we paid for a ticket that got wasted, then someone else had to pay for the same effing seat. Afterward a bunch of emails and phone calls later, I think my dad might have gotten a partial refund in airline credit.

So I'm not seeing much of a difference between our situation and someone having to buy two tickets to fit on the plane. Anyone know?

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    if i understand it correctly on most airlines if someone is too overweight to fit comfortably between the armrest and use the standard seat belt ( not sure how extenders are figured) that they are required to buy a second seat supposed for their and other passengers comfort and as well as safety reasons, I am not sure if there are any law or FAA regulations regarding this typew of thing though