Fat, loud, obnoxious cackling nerds at the Imax DK.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Blue Meanie, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

SPOILER ALERT!

There were these kids behind us when we went and when Joker was meeting with Harvey, now in his Two-Face phase in the hospital, it was a bit of a quiet scene and one of the idiot kids practically shouts IT'S TWO-FACE!!!!

Seriously, if you knew the guy was Harvey Dent, you'd know he was Two-Face. It probably ruined the moment for a lot of people who didn't know what was coming (at this part, he hadn't turned the other side of his face yet so you didn't know it was all messed up).

I wish people could just go to a movie and shut the hell up. I wanted to punch him so bad.

2. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Hey get this, I went to see batman again yesterday and there were people being loud right beside me. You know what I did? I kindly asked them to stop talking and they did. I know it's a hard concept for some people.

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    *reads posts*

Wow. Whatever happened to such a thing as ushers that are suppose to kick distruptive folks out?:rolleyes2 

4. Elita_One

Actually, you can find very few people who will be mature enough to NOT start shit over a simple request.

People who talk loud in movies already show they don't care. They know they are disrupting people yet they do it anyways. If they don't care that they are annoying other people, I hardly doubt they care if someone tells them to be quiet. They'll just talk back like idiots.

5. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Then like someone else has said, that is when you get an usher. I know around here they come in to check on the theatre every 15 minutes. To me it is even less mature to be loud and obnoxious back at the person.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'm sure you don't care, but you get +1 respect from me due to that statement.

I've seen Batman 3 times, and 2 of those times I had stupid people talking really loudly and crassly up to the movie. Once it started, they were usually quiet. The last time, the people behind me talked a lot, but it wasnt enough for me to really get angry at him.

7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I was not cackling.

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, I can agree and disagree. Here is why, I normally go to see a movie on a monday when I have a monday off. Reason being, less people in the theater then. So it kinda comes as an inconvinience to have to return.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    All I can say is thanks to the glory of inexpensive home theater systems, the days of putting up with obnoxious people while watching a movie in theaters will soon be replaced with "shut up or get out of my house!"

I've been pretty lucky, I go to the matinee shows between 11am and 1pm on the weekends and the only problem I've had was a rude little kid at the end of the isle who insisted on chewing his gummy candy with his mouth open.

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Oh my god you should've heard the theatre I was in when he first flipped the coin. I swear like 20 husbands/boyfriends had to turn to their wife/girlfriend and say DERP DA DER DAT'S TWOFACE.

I facepalmed.

11. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This post contains exessive swearing, because this kind of shit really pisses me off.

When I went to see the Dark Knight, there was this dumbass FUCKING TEXTING during the movie! And the screen was an extra-bright blue color, so whenever she open the thing, the whole theater groaned, because everyone could see it. Dumb bitch just sat there texting away, bright screen ruining parts of the movie. And, even worse, she was in the row in front of me! I wanted to scream at her! Damn it. Someone should invent an EMP or some kind of phone disrupting signal to force people to turn off their friggin phones. I also support the no-baby polocy. Thankfully, most people where I live have the sense to leave with their precious little shits when they start to "get a widdle fussy."

Back on the Dark Knight, pretty much everyone chuckled when Batman spoke. The scratchy voice was silly, but for crap's sake, try to keep it to yourself!

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

But in this screwed up world today you're really taking your chances with people. You never know what people will do and take offense to. You never know if that person behind you that you kindly asked to shut up might suddenly haul off and punch you in the head. Or worse pull out a knife and stab you in the neck or something. Too many people out there have short fuses.

But I know how annoying this can be. I didn't get to enjoy Transformers as much as I would've liked to. Saw it twice. The first time there was these two black girls in the row behind me and I swear they talked all the way through the movie. Of course I dared not say anything, lest either one of them go and get their possible "gangsta" boyfriend and twenty of his friends to greet me in the parking lot. The other time a father and his kids was in the row in front of me and the kids would occasionally start chattering. He was usually quick to quite them down, but still...

13. Elita_One

I just love how they all walk in there thinking they are awesome Batman fans yet they didn't realize that Harvey Dent would become Two Face.

14. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Sheesh, is it really that bad in American theaters?
    Well thank God people are still polite here.

The worst I encountered was a kid who liked to scream "What?" when a movie's named was announced in a trailer.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Interested in importing some inbred mouth-breathers? There's plenty here, and they bring their own fireworks!

16. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I sat through 6 viewings of Dark Night and thankfully I haven't had the moron brigade with me as I do whenever I see films like Spiderman , LordoftheRings etc.

17. Elita_One

Actually, I'm in Canada and a lot of times when I go to a movie, it has at least one group of douchebags so it isn't just American theaters.

When I went to see Rambo 4, there were some dickheads there who had to make a comment everytime something/someone blew up.

"OWZZZZ, THAT GUY BLEW UP!!!!"

Really? Wow, I couldn't tell by the massive explosion and the random body parts scattered all over the place.

18. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Wow. Cause yeah, all black people are in gangs and kill people for asking them to be quiet in a movie. Wow.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm always in a theater full of people cracking jokes, talking, texting, crumpling popcorn or candy loud as shit for two hours straight, and asking "what happened" or "what did he say?" almost every time I see a film. When possible I try to hit the earliest shows, the assholes seem to come out more later. It seems these people are always right behind though, seriously. I've considered getting a Lite Brite, spelling out "Shut the FUCK up" and turning it on whenever appropriate.

Seeing how common it is that people screw up the movie experience for others just makes me sick. Some people pay that fucking money to actually you know...TAKE THE MOVIE IN AND PAY ATTENTION. All the foolishness totally ruins it for everyone else.

Worst experience with people being assholes for me personally was Christmas day 06, went to see Rocky Balboa and these group of teenagers kept coming in the door in the back and screaming their lungs out going "WHOOOOOOOOOO" like Blue Meanie's fat ass and then stomping around.

I've wanted to act on a lot of the shit I've encountered but I've never had the guts to speak up. As for getting ushers - I never see em in my theaters at all.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  20. Elita_One

You really shouldn't have to, though. People should know better than to be noisy while the movie is on. I had one idiot talking on his cell next to me before. I couldn't believe it. He should have gone into the hall and spoke.