fast and the furious 4

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by brollicon, Apr 4, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

fast & furious 4 review

Ok saw the fast and the furious 4 last night and i have to say it is the best one. I said 3 years ago that tokyo drift was but this one is better.

First off it completely passes over 2fast 2 furious which was just a big car commercial with no story. No wonder diesel past it over. It seems the same team that made tokyo drift produced this one from the director to the writer. It had a great mystery about who killed lety ( MICHEAL RODRIGUEZ CHARACTER) and vin diesel searching for the killer who inturn was a drug lord who paul walker now working for the fbi was tracking down.

Also in the beginning it had a great cameo of hann the asian guy from tokyo drift who dies. Diesel approaches him and says what are you up to know after doing a job together and hann replies i heard there is some crazy stuff going on in tokyo.

Last the movie explains why diesel went to went to tokyo to be with his friend hann but also why he says to shawn who says this isn't a ten second race diesel replies i have nothing but time. I won't spoil the ending for you but he's right.

So go out and see the fast and the furious 4 is you have seen the others i suggest you see the last story too the series (HOPEFULLY)

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

Looks interesting enough to rent in 6 months time. VROOOOOM VROOM IF YOU AIN'T OUTTA CONTROL THEN YOU AIN'T IN CONTROL VROOOOOOOOM

3. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i saw the movie and loved it but it seemed like it went by too fast..... i liked the storyline though....
    even if hyundai got screwed over when they were PROMISED that their new Genesis coupe was going to be one of the main character's cars in the movie

4. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

i just found out that tyrese was suppost to be in the movie but got screwed over. maybe he was to busy with transformers

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    And, this will go to the wait til its on DVD pile.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Just got back from it this evening, myself.
    Without a doubt, the best of the series, I dare say even better than the original. The original was boring and slow in spots, but this one keeps the pace moving swiftly from beginning to end with no real down time. Maybe a total of 10 minutes out of a film running 1h, 74m.

The ending was awesome, and I'm hoping it leaves the door open for one more. I think they could do one with Dom and Brian on the same team from beginning to end, rather than finding trust, etc. (That storyline is overly played out.)

They had fun this time around, you could tell.

Definitely a great ride. Screw the critics.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    it was definitely the sequel that shoulda been

i thought it was a pretty slick movie

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Should have just called it Fast and Fourious. SMH at movies going down the path of horrid nameschemes.

That said..never cared for the series myself.

9. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I'm surprised this thing did as well at the bo as it did, or rather, I'm surprised Monsters vs Aliens dropped off as much as it did. Yikes.

10. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I liked it. I'm easily amused these days, however.

11. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Saw it opening night. Thought it ended too quickly, but, I loved it! And that weird guy in the cowboy hat and the three girls around him was Greg Cipes. He voiced Beast Boy in the Teen Titans cartoon. Cracked me up just lookin' at 'im!

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking forward to it. There was a real downward spiral going on there... that third one was absolute garbage. Glad to see this one is doing well.

14. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Double, hell that's triple what I thought it would do. I was thinking maybe 21-22 million tops, with the 3D cartoon beating it.

I forgot about the dreaded unknowable demographic, hip hop peoples. Sometimes they come out for shit like this, sometimes they don't. SHRUG.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Interesting. I've got this movie lined up in my "not a chance in hell I'll see it" pile.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Judging it as a Fast and the Furious movie, it looks good, because it doesn't try to be anything else.

17. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

It entretained me, when the past fast and furious, just amused me with the Cars, and anoyed me to no end when I saw their tech specs. so this time Im not reading what was in those cars.

being a car geek thanks to initial D and having mechanics friends does have side effects

-kinda like how I cant take hackers movies seriusly.....ever again. since I became a computer analyst-

18. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Saw it today and I loved it.

I haven't seen any of the previous movies but I did see about 10 minutes of Tokyo Drift on cable a while back and thought it was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. So yeah, I was a bit skeptical.

Loved it though. Such terrible dialogue and laughable scenes but the action was a great and Vin Diesel looked like a badass. It was like a Die Hard movie on wheels.

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

but what is there for competition....

but i gotta say, i am amazed how much this have made and how much better reviews this is having (even from non-ricer car people)

20. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

There was a segment on the Today show this morning about the success of the film: It was hilarious that the only moviegoers interviewed on the street who saw it were middle-aged white people.