Farewell Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Love him or hate the man, his take on Transformers is over. (very likely)
    [​IMG]

Like many, I was never satisfied with his take on the movies. Sure there were really cool looking characters, beautiful shots and action. Lots of action. But not much else.

I respect his discipline and hard work. I'm thankful for most of his decisions on things like realistic transformers, most character aestherics and most cool fight scenes.

Post reasons why you're thankful for what Bay has contributed with Transformers. Or why you're glad he's done.:drunk 

Please keep thread civil, and respect others. :thumb 

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 15
  2. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay was a genius. I'm not sure that any other director could've made an 80s property into such a (former) success. Transformers was, from 2007-2014, a brand with presence, power, and relevancy on the leagues of Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. 07 was a perfect blend of action and Spielberg. I disliked the other films except DotM, but render unto Caesar that which is Caesar. Bay revolutionized the movie industry with his style and techniques (now copied by many) and Transformers would be a completely dead brand with no relevancy in the public eye. Also, having talked with him fairly frequently, he's a genuinely nice person. So there's that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    If there was a good story for the movie, Bay could've done better, I think.

• Like Like x 5
  5. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 if Gatsby can wait for Daisy, I can wait for MPM-6

News Credits:
    While I didn't like his work as much post DOTM, I have to applaud the man for his attention/passion to detail and knowing at certain times the proper muscle (like Leonard Nimoy) to bring aboard. I also have to applaud the spectrum of interesting and colorful characters pitched by the man (Sideswipe, Dino, Crosshairs are examples of cool standouts), and I kind of liked a person who wasn't bounded by direct faithfulness to the source material (don't appreciate that he was downright disrespectful to Generation 1 at times though)...but he should have at least helped to make movies that more or less detailed the Autobot/Decepticon war and transcended events merely happening on Earth

At the end of the day, it's all about what kind of legacy you can build. While his track record isn't particularly notable in my book, I still immensely enjoy Transformers 2007, and he was among those that pitched to this impressionable boy (me) this idea that giant shapeshifting robots were cool. I hope he can continue to develop his career under stronger narratives.

• Like Like x 3
  6. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Bye Felicia.

• Like Like x 5
  7. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to miss him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    I still give him the main credit for having brought transformers into the larger mainstream consciousness with the 2007 movie which was the best one under his universe.

But that’s about it tho. I gave him the benefit of the doubt in RoTF. I still liked that movie tho with all its flaws. But after that, it really was just downhill. And he never really introduced anything new after RoTF. All the TF movies he’d done after RoTF could’ve been so, so, so much better.

I really think he could’ve continued his universe indefinitely if he had only focused on better, solid, coherent character-driven stories and by introducing interesting new characters by the third movie, his universe not solely revolving around Optimus and Bumblebee.

But it’s the end of an era and the beginning hopefully of good, new, solid one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

You spelled 'Steven Spielberg' wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

I thank him for bringing one of the coolest movie I've ever seen in 2007. It's groundbreaking, it's fun, and it introduced me to the transformers' world.

But after five movies, I think it's really the time for him to leave this franchise. He's tired, he needs a break, and he's losing the touch (pun intended) in his very own franchise (which is understandable if you directed 5 movies of the same franchise over and over again).

• Like Like x 3
  11. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

It's about damn time !!

• Like Like x 3
  12. GoLion

GoLion I'm just doing my job

News Credits:
    I'm just excited that we will be getting some new blood at the helm of the franchise; Bay's movies were getting stale, frankly.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'll miss him. I mean, these movies are what brought me into Transformers. And while these movies were nowhere near perfect, I think somehow I'll always chalk up the next big thing (especially a new film series) to what I know and love. Yeah, he was arrogant at times, and should've taken a different approach to some of the scenarios in the films, but he also took charge and made a unique imprint on Transformers history that I don't think anyone else could have done. I mean, five movies over 10 years all helmed by the same guy? Not even Star Wars can say they had the same guy do all the movies! That's quite impressive. All in all, I look forward to what's next, but these films have been, for me, by far the best the Transformers series has to offer in terms of fun, creativity, and great transformer action set pieces that brought us all together.

• Like Like x 4
  14. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah except Star Wars had 9 movies already and no reboot...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 6
  16. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 The Great Defender of the Movieverse

News Credits:
    I'm not saying farewell, but rather welcome back for a sixth run. This thread is pointless and utter stupidity, Moy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Bay's style was somewhat unique back in 2007.

Then the Marvel Cinematic Universe showed up.

Now Bay's style is unappealing.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JoshimusPrime1993

JoshimusPrime1993 Rev up and Roll out!

News Credits:
    I'm probably one of the few people that actually thinks the first 3 Transformers movies as guilty pleasure movies, yeah sure ROTF was total garbage but still, at least it was slighty better than AOE. But after repeating the same thing over and over again for 5 movies now, I honestly think it's time to close the book on the Bayformers franchise and come back with a fresh reboot and maybe just maybe give us a coherent Transformers story worth watching. Farewell Michael Bay, farewell.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoLion

GoLion I'm just doing my job

News Credits:
    There is a lot of truth to this. Marvel really upped the level of quality when it comes to comic book style movies.

Thank goodness for the block feature.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't have said it better.

Director Bay was a mixed person.

Transformers 1. Brought new fans and returned old ones. Heavy human involvement plagued the start, and human designs on many Transformers.

Transformers 2. Criticized Skids and Mudflap as racist. Only because haters gonna hate. They were nice characters. Human plot was terrible, though the astounding Transformers plot sealed the crevasse.

Transformers 3. Should have been rated Restricted(R). Violent, though there were some good plot keys. Sentinel Prime was a great addition.

Transformers 4. Lots of characters lost, though Mark Walhberg gave some JAAM. Again happening in TF5, why are humans threats?

Transformers 5. Lorenzo lies more than he ever did. Mr.Bay lied to Winston Churchhill's descendants as he used Nazi banners on his house for NO REASON. Disgraceful to veterans. Izzy is total garbage. Anthony Hopkins gave some new JAAM. Overall bad plot.

Despite the tragic mishaps, I respect Mr. Bay and his position in the fandom.

• Like Like x 1