FAQ and Discussion for the Shout! Factory G1 DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Aug 30, 2009.

?

Got Transformers complete series matrix yet?

1. Yes, I'm soooooooooo happy.

63 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No, I'm Angry but disapointed.

37 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Matrix of leadership DVD set

Hi guys, this might sound stupid, but i just wanna clarify if the complete set actually has the "more than meets the eye" episodes in it.
    I know it should be there, but i was reading some reviews of it and one guy said that the episode was sold separately; i'm a little confused so hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid.
    Thanks for the help guys.

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
  3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    just picked up season 2 volume 1 and can't wait to watch it

4. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

Transformers g1 season1-4 Bumpers

When i mean bumpers i'm talkign about in the g1 series when they show some transformers and then the announcer would say the transformers will return after these messages before going to a commercial breaker. Ten the announcer wills ay we now retuen to the transformers. I'm asking this because do they have that on the remastered dvd's of g1 transformers in the matrix of leader ship box set. I really like those bumpers.

5. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

Any of you guys getting the g1 matrix of leadership boxset

i hope i am if i get a job i will buy it if i can get it and i look forward to getting it. What about you guys.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish, but it's a bit too expensive for my blood. Maybe if it goes on sale in the future.

7. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    had my set since June :) 

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    No. Probably not.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Limit on Transformers Transformers complete series matrix

is there a limit of how many Transformers complete series matrix dvd? Like is it only 100 in the world or 1000 in the world?

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Its getting a general release, right? So probably "a lot"

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    G1 DVD Matrix Boxset, worth the price difference?

If they are gonna release the individual seasons by the same pattern Rhino did, then there will be five total to cover the whole series. So far at Wal-Mart, they are $20 each. So I can get the whole show for $100. The Matrix boxset straight from Shout Factory costs $140. What does the box set have that doesn't come with the individual sets? Are those extras worth a 40% increase in price?

12. greggysasaki

greggysasaki Well-Known Member

Transformers Matrix of Leadership Ed. 16 DVD set- $110.87+$2.95 ship @Overstock

Transformers: 25th Anniversary Matrix Of Leadership Edition (The Complete Series) 16 disc set - $110.87 + $2.95 shipping at Overstock.com ALL 98 episodes plus bonuses

Use BING CashBack for 12% CashBack!!! Just go to bing.com and search for Overstock.com, then click on the CashBack link.

Bing

Transformers: The Complete Series - 25th Anniversary Matrix of Leadership Edition (DVD) | Overstock.com

From Amazon: Amazon.com price $152.99 with FSSS

The Complete Generation One series!

Four million years after crash landing on an unfamiliar planet, sentient robots with the ability to disguise themselves as common vehicles awaken on present day Earth. Engaged in a crucial race to find a new energy source for their home planet of Cybertron, Optimus Prime and the heroic Autobots must defend the innocent people of Earth against their archnemeses, Megatron and the power-hungry Decepticons.

In 1983 a fateful trip to a Japanese toy fair uncovered a phenomenon that would soon rule not only the world of toys, but also the realms of comics, airwaves and the silver screen as well. Since then, the war between the peaceful Autobots and the villainous Decepticons has captured the imaginations of children and adults alike, launching hundreds of collectible toys, comic books, animated series and feature films. Now Shout! Factory and Hasbro celebrate 25 years of Robots In Disguise with the 16-disc Transformers: The Complete Series 25th Anniversary Matrix Of Leagership Edition. This deluxe set includes all 98 restored episodes, new interviews, exclusive featurettes, concept art, archival Hasbro toy commercials, printable scripts and much more! This set also includes a collectible 60-page book and Autobot and Decepticon magnets.

Bonus Features:

* Five retrospective featurettes including brand-new, in-depth interviews with those most responsible for the success of The Transformers franchise. Two of these featurettes are exclusive to this set including a conversation with comic writer Bob Budiansky and a voice cast reunion. The reunion features Jack Angel (Ramjet), Michael Bell (Prowl), Gregg Berger (Grimlock), Arthur Burghardt (Devastator), Corey Burton (Spike Witwicky), Richard Gautier (Rodimus Prime), Neil Ross (Slag), Frank Welker (Megatron).
    * Two concept art galleries

* Archival Hasbro toy commercials.

* All 98 episodes of dialogue scripts. Three full scripts, with original handwritten notes, include Transport To Oblivion, Starscreams Brigade and The Revenge of Bruticus.

* All 5 rare PSAs.

* From the files of Teletraan-2.

* A fan art gallery.

* An animated fan film entitled Transformers: Generation One featuring an optional audio commentary by the filmmakers.

* Housed in a deluxe Matrix of Leadership multi-paneled box

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Got Transformers Complete Series Matrix set?

Did you get your Transformers Complete Series box set yet? I just got mine today.

14. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I got mine for around 108 bucks today at Best Buy. :O

15. iLuvM3

iLuvM3 Me, Grimlok, King!

i bought it when it was one pre-sale and received it a while back, the episodes seem to be crisp and better detailed compared to rhino.

plus as many know all other prints of the series are long gone and out of print.

with it you get the book, if many are not aware which has a mix of character bio (select transformers only) and little inputs on certain episodes.
    as well as one Autobot emblem magnet and one Decepticon emblem magnet.

all of course comes in a nicely fitted box that slides open to reveal the true gem of the Matrix :]. 16 discs of both episodes and loads of bonus features.

does not include the movie, i wish it did, to make it fully complete but at the same time i was lucky to find a used copy of the 20th anniversary 1986 dvd in a local FYE. i'm sure if you shop around online you may come across it or possibly it may be a future re-release from shout factory as well.

This is more of a if you have the money to spend type of product, seeing as they are also being released in 4 separate box sets. price range per box is 15-25$. i believe they are broken up by:
    -Season 1 - Released
    -Season 2: part 1 - Released
    -Season 2: part 2 - Coming Soon
    -Season 3 & 4 - Coming Soon

so if you do the math, you do get the full series (excluding the movie) but it's of the same quality just a few different things.

so it all possibly between buying the matrix of leadership and the individual box sets possible savings depending how much the matrix of leadership is (i paid 140$) and 4 box sets ranging between 15-25$ comes out to just under or a little over 100$. (possibly more depending on stores & tax.)

i typed a lot :]. <3 me for the input XD

16. iLuvM3

i'm nearly positive (been a while since i popped my dvds from the box set into the dvd player) that the episodes still include short bumpers.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I had a marathon a week or so ago and the bumpers are intact. I love them too, especially the Jazz one on season one episodes!

18. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I'm completely sold on everyone's insights on the collector's gift set. I will be picking up the complete set tomorrow, 10/22, at Best Buy for $129.99, with tax the price is just a touch over $140.

19. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

when i get enough money i plan on getting it. what does it cost? like 120 dollars?

20. iLuvM3

i believe it falls between 110-140 (depending on where) before tax, really it all comes to about the same price almost as for what it was to pre-order, some people have found it cheaper by 10-30 bucks.