Fanwank theory 96: Beast Wars & TF Prime are in the same continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you know how Beast Wars (or Beasties hah) was loosely booked as a sequel of sorts to G1? Well, what if TF Prime is the modern adaptation of G1 after the events of the Beast Wars?

What sort of alterations do you think it's be cool to explore (things that happened on Earth, etc), where could you imagine them escalating, and how would you tie as much of this shit together as possible, such as what they found back on Cybertron?

Personally, I'm still running on a theory of sorts that Tarantulas had something to do with the Insecticon army's presence, that Raf's affinity to the Transformers possibly has something to do with the early primitives that Megatron tried to scrap over, and of course that in some twisted & timefucked way, the Beast era Megatron played a role in inspiring the G1 Megatron to put things into motion that were later (or earlier, depending on how you think) used by the Beast Megatron.

Also, a very large part of me would like to think that in this reality, the Dinobots won't simply be dummies made by Wheeljack & Ratchet, but rather that they're in the state that they're in because of an equivalent of brain damage caused by their time in the war, and that their dinosaur alt modes were taken as a tribute to the original Dinobot who left a great mark in Cybertronian history. I'd argue that this is not only more realistic, but that could also tie a bunch of things together without without simply saying that the Pretenders did it.

2. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, Season 2 hasn't happened yet, so there's still hope for whatever Tarantulas did in his spare time coming into fruitition, and chances are that at least half of my musings will remain plausable, bro. :lol 

Speaking of which, I'm sure Airachnid will make it all better.

Edit - I meant that season 3 of Prime hasn't happened yet, not season 2.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BW is too tied into G1 for this to work.

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, things might have changed, a new reality could be created, or maybe some things will simply be different for the sake of telling a new story. In either case, you don't have to extrapolate from my ideas. I just offered them as an example because I thought it'd be silly to not participate in my own thread, type of deal.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    G1 is the modern adaptation of the aftereffects of what happened in BW. Not Prime.

/thread.

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Alright, but wouldn't it also make sense to say that Prime is essentially a modern adaptation of G1, thus being open to the same sort of interpretation as G1 in regards to what possible ties it could have to the Beast Wars?

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think he meant Season 2 of Beast Wars.
    That's where the ties to G1 were shown directly and not just alluded to.

In either case, Season 2 of Prime, Beast Wars and G1 have happened so I'm not sure what you mean.

The Pretenders did what?
    I'm missing something.

8. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    @people spamming the thread: Thanks for being 10. Next time, at least be clever about it. :) 

@Smasher: The Pretenders thing was mostly just a joke, and somewhat of a reference to another thread we had running around about how unexplained things could simply be passed off as stuff the Pretenders did, as they weren't in the tv show.

Also, I know that BW directly brought G1 stuff into the plots. What I'm asking is that since Prime is now our current G1 storyline (things are definitely different, but we still have the basic idea of Bots & Cons coming to Earth for presumably the 1st time, for those characters anyway), what sort of BW related things could we see happening or otherwise playing an importance. I just thought he said season 3 of Prime, and that's why I replied by saying didn't happen yet. Although, since season 2 hasn't aired in Canada yet, I could always pretend to be oblivious to it & whatnot, but that's not it haha. I just misread the post a little, is all.

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well if you mean the Dinobots thing, what makes more sense to you? Robots being stupid because their alt modes were assumed to have small brains & being dinos because some kid thought it'd be cool, or for them to've been damaged defending their planet in the name of freedom (for all sentient beings of course) while taking their dinosaur forms as a tribute to a fallen hero? Guess it's always up for interpretation & discussion, but hey. Isn't that kind of the point of this forum, especially when there isn't current media to harp over?

Alternately speaking, if you're questioning how TF Prime's direction could be taken in a direction that accounts for events that took place before it, then I'm really not getting how what I'm proposing is a reach.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That's actually pretty funny. :lol 
    The Pretender's did it!
    Yeah, the Pretenders used to carry around Optimus' trailer for him when he wasn't using it. Everything they did was 'off screen'.

I was overthinking it. It always seemed to me that with the Beast Wars characters having synthetic flesh that survived being ripped apart and reconnected that there should have been some mention of that technology's originating from Pretender technology. My own personal nerd logic.

I didn't realize that Season 2 of Prime hadn't aired in Canada.
    That seems like a mistake to let it sit so long.

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Eh, it's not a big deal. Most of the kidlets who its aimed at probably don't know what TFW & DarkPrime are (aka, how I've watched most of TF Prime), and we're still yet to get the wave 2+ deluxes/voyagers, so delaying it here probably makes sense haha. Hasbro Canada could always sell the delays that way, anyway. Oh, and I take it you remember that Pretender thread? In either case, I never thought of the healing thing until you brought it up, but they're all "living metal", so maybe there's more to that than meets the eye after all...

Moral of the story? Never underestimate the power of nerd logic, especially among other nerds.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't know that I remember that particular thread, no.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hmm, guess the whole "carried Prime's trailer" thing is just too obvious not to think of ahah.

Maybe I'll look for it later on when I have time.

14. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think this is possible. Someone already stated in before that what happened in the original G1 was the result of what occured during the beast wars. Sure it was one of those time paradoxes, but whatever, point is G1 IS the modern. Prime is its own series that other than referening things, can't be considered a 'modern g1'. If that's the case, then any other series where Optimus Prime and Megatron existed and they just came to earth for the first time are Modern G1s?

all in all, no.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh come on. You know Takara is gonna try to do this too.

16. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, what about having its own Beast Wars past? I mean, at the very least Bantor might even have been there this time....

17. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Two Words: "Beast Machines". Cybertron evolved into techno-organic after the events of Beast Machines which followed Beast Wars. They may refer to the cybertronians in Prime as biological to an extent, but its not the techno-organic of Beast Machines. There's simply no way Prime could follow Beast Machines.

18. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I always thought that Beast Machines took place in a time long after G1, or otherwise closer to the point in time where they started out (still a good ways after G1). If this wasn't the case, then how was there anything relevant on Cybertron when they returned?

19. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

In Beast Wars they were sent back in time to prehistoric earth. The characters were from a time long after the G1 characters were dead and had joined the matrix/all-spark. Megratron and Optimus from BW took their names from the legendary G1 Cybertronians in fact. At the end of BW, when the BW team went back to Cybertron, they likewise were shot back forward in time to the time they had originally left (roughly), and thus BM began.

20. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Ok, so since G1 takes place in between the Beast Wars & the rise of Beast Machines, why is Prime's connection to the idea any less plausible? Like again again, even if we're gonna argue that its impossible, why couldn't there have been beast history in their continuity that loosely reflected the one we're currently aware of?