Fantoys, where are they???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This thread is in partial hopes of drawing some FT insider out.

Where are you FT?

I know you were going to rock the community with an MP Soundwave until you got hit hard by Takara. But I also know you had two other projects in the works. Blaster and Shockwave.

May I recommend continuing your Blaster venture? With Soundwave and his Minions on the horizon, they will need their Autobot counterparts. You may have lost Soundwave but I think with his MP release sales will increase on a Blaster and his Minions release.

I would also recommend skipping Shockwave unless you want another Soundwave incident to occur.

I think you guys deserve success for not only addressing the MP market but also for kickstarting Takara's MP movement. (I know it hurt you but it is a fanservice none the less)

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I still want to see their Soundwave/Soundblaster come to fruition. There are elements of it that I like over Takara's MP-13, even if I plan on getting the latter.

3. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Hardly no one will buy the 3rd party Soundwave. because it looks too similar to the Takara version.

Fans are only buying 3rd party Transformers because Hasbro and Takara are not making certain character toy designs.

Once takara makes these TF toys fans want. they support takara first & foremost. after their done supporting Takara their is little to no money left to support 3rd party companies.

I'd Prefer Fantoys switch gears and create newer Transformers items fans want that Takara isn't creating.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This, there are very few 3P items that will ever take the spot of an official item. MP Soundwave would kill most of the FT Acousticwave sales to the point that it will be a lost venture if they did go all the way with it.

I think MP Blaster would sell and sell well. Unless Takara has one of every character designed and is just waiting for a group to touch one, then it will be at least 2 years before we get a Blaster. This also means there would be a minimum of 1.5 years before anythign is announced.

Personally that double edged sword that killed Acousticwave may also increase sales and desire for Blaster.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    They are working on their next project. But after the SW thing they prefer less attention at the moment with reveals and will reveal closer to product launch.

6. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    Hopefully their busy making a Shockwave, if not then i dont care.

The "new MP" movement started way before FT02 with MP10, all FT did was move up Takara's schedule for Soundwave's release (according to our assumptions) for that tho i am thankful.

7. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave seems more likely to be covered by Takara in the near future than Blaster does. I really hope FT goes for the latter. I'd be hesitant to buy a Shockwave from them, but would jump on a Blaster immediately.

8. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

This makes the most sense. Good luck Fantoys.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This is what I was hoping for, some inside word that they are still around.

So we are either going to be seeing Shockwave or Blaster.

I would prefer Blaster because he is someone I do not see Takara making anytime soon. Shockwave will be made and unless they can show their cards and put something out within a month then FT Shockwave will sink like FT Soundwave.

Remember, Takara is sitting on a lot of CADs and have figures ready to go once the light turns green. I hope FT wins big with their next venture. I like em for what they did bringing attention back to MPs.

Sure you can argue that the new MP movement happened with MP10 but everything just blew up when that Acoustic wave was shown and then attacked by Takara.

10. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    It doesn't seem like a big jump for them to switch from Soundwave to Blaster... they've got the chest cavity worked out, etc - if they could tweak that a little, change some things here and there - bingo.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The had a picture of MP Blaster so the resin prototype already exists. There is a picture somewhere in these here parts but I am having trouble finding it.

EDIT - found them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still think they should just downsized their Soundwave to be in scale with Hegemon. But smart move keeping quite, should do a reveal when they are getting ready close to pre-orders at least.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So their Soundwave is pretty much cancelled then correct?

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Bring that Blaster to the market! Thats still a kickass figure they got sitting there.

15. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had forgotten just how sexy that Blastet is.
    O' Great Digibashers of TFW2005, thy audience desire colorization of these images. So sayeth The Lord.

16. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember a pic of a Soundwave that was smaller than the mp seeker mold as well as a Soundwave that was slightly taller. I would still totally buy a smaller than masterpiece Soundwave which scales well with hegemon. I do hope that the blaster does still happen though, it looks great and will probably size well with classics and the MP line.