Fantastic Four: Extended Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Jun 12, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else pick up this DVD? It actually makes the movie a lot better. 20 minutes of new scenes. A little better character development. Here are some of the new scenes added:

- More of Ben and Alicia. She cleans and dusts him off. He sees the sculptures she made of him. He goes with her to a showing of the sculptures.

- More of Johnny acting irresponsibly. In one scene he rides the elevator and keeps the temp at a sauna level causing all the hot girls who get on to take their coats off and strip down a bit. Another he tries to pick up a girl with hi fire antics and sets her boyfriend's drink on fire. She just tells him off and that if she had powers she'd use them ofr good instead of trying to impress people

- The wolverine face change is in it

- Sue and Reed have a scene in his storage room. I swear i saw HERBIE on the shelf.

Overall the changes are really good and make the film a LOT better. I enjoyed the first one and would still only give it a 7/10. This is more of a 9/10 now.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sounds good...anyone know anything about the new version of X2?

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Whats the Wolverine face change?

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

In the original cut of the movie, Reed and Sue are taking a break from trying to cure Ben when they go out on a pseudo date. They talk about her and Victor and Reed comments on the kind of man she likes and when he does so, he contorts his face to give himself a more prominent "heroic" jaw. In the extended cut, they've gone back in and modified that shot so that instead of stretching his jaw, he changes his entire head to look like Hugh Jackman. It doesn't make sense, because there's nothing to say that the FF know anything about the X-Men, much less what Wolverine looks like. Not only that, but this scene follows a new, very similar, scene of Reed and Sue at the planetarium that I liked a lot better.

The extended cut didn't solve any of the original film's problems, but the extras were really good, especially the Jack Kirby documentary.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Will pick it up one day but for now the original release will do

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I refuse to buy any extended cuts, whatever point 0 versions, or anything else that isn't the original release. Got tricked on X-Men 1.5 and haven't bought one since that fiasco.

7. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

What about director's cuts?

8. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Does it have the Jack Kirby documentry on it? Thats the only way I am buying it. Thanks!

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    An extended edition is like MP-04 : you end up being pissed to have bought the first version.

10. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I'll wait til it hits $10 or less. Like the Daredevil Director's Cut or Spiderman 2.1

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

The Wolverine face change is actually on the original DVD. It's in the deleted/alternate scenes section of the special features.

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I can wait for the inevitable price drop.

I gotta say the Daredevil directors cut was better. Hopefully it's the same here too.

13. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

14. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I didn't get the original because I anticipated the rerelease and I held off. Good thing, the movie is decent (although the F4 don't have a heck of a lot to do in terms of being heroic). The free ticket was the deal maker, split the cost down the middle with the new movie, which I anticipate seeing.

I use IGN frequently for DVDs. They're no bible, but they give me a good reference point to start from when I'm in doubt. And from my standpoint, they've hit the mark more or less imo. It is all opinions after all. =)

15. Wreckgar

Nope. Only extended/director DVD I own is the Resevour Dogs anniversary edition and batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

16. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Why are you against Director cuts? Whats wrong with them?

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is the shot of HERBIE

18. Wreckgar

I'm not against them, I don't don;t see the point of buying a movie a second time for a few extra minutes of footage. I usually buy movies when they come out and unless the special version comes out initially, I don't waste time getting another.

I have the deluxe editions of Ghost Rider, Spiderman, Spidey 2, X3, Superman Returns, Batman begins, and the best buy exclusive Fantastic Four. I don't have the special Daredevil, Punisher, or Sin City. Would I like them? yes. Am I willing to fork over the extra cash for them? Nope.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Um, yeah so anyone know anything about the New X2 edition that came out also? I hate to start a thread just for it.

20. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I'd say the Donner Cut of Superman II (which I FINALLY saw now that the corrected Ultimate Box Sets are out) is far and away better than the original. The Abyss and Fellowship, too.