Fansub Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars II

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by quenuck, Jul 28, 2006.

1. quenuck

quenuck Member

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find episodes of Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars 2 with english subtitles or voice overs?

Thanks

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    www.tfcog.net has fandubs, but for Fansubs you'll be waiting a while. The group that does the G1 shows has expressed an interest, but these things take a little time, and they only have VHS copies to work with as opposed to DVDs for most of the other shows.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sign me up for a "ME WANTY" on English subs for these. I hope DVD sets are released soon, so nice crisp quality is available! Car Robots too!

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to be able to watch BWII and Neo

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

me too....i constantly check out ebay, but all the ones they have are in VHS (which i dont mind) but its like the first 9 of BWN and first 18 of BWII are the only ones sub'd while the rest doesnt have any...

i could always do the figure out from whats going on from the action going on deal but that aint fun.

6. PREDAKING 2010

PREDAKING 2010 Member

There's any news about the subtitles?

7. Petro-rabbit

Petro-rabbit Why so serious?

I really hope we see these subtitled on dvd soon. I've watched some episodes before but had no idea what they were saying.

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i wanna watch neo SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i perfer the episodes to be dubbed, not subbed, but i will take them subbed

no offense tfcog, you are awsome with your war within and i can't wait for number two. but next time, try to get a guy to voice big convoy that sounds badass. no offense to them or the guy, it just isn't badas....and big convoy is badass

9. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all those episodes in VHS, 1st grade copies that I recorded when I was in Japan from 98 to 02, but many of them have earthquake/tornado warnings. I know Pioneer released all of them in VHS, I regret not buying them.

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Zombie thread, I know...

But any news on subs for these two series? I've been searching for these on and off for a couple of weeks now with no luck, just wondering if maybe I'm missing something.

All I'm really looking for is the .srt file (or similar file type) in english. Hell I'd even settle for English translated scripts, and try my hand at making the .srt files myself (unfortunately I've only got a couple months of Japanese language study under my belt right now so I don't think I have the kung fu to do the translations myself.)

11. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Has anybody bought the Japanese DVDs? Are there ever any English subtitles on those releases, or is that usually done when they are being released outside of Japan?

12. Markdelg

Markdelg Well-Known Member

I do not believe the Japanese DVDs have English subtitles. Furthermore, they probably wouldn't be region-coded for the US.

I'm patiently waiting for Shout Factory to release II and Neo.

13. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Yeah, but there are region free players, but sort of pointless for anybody whom doesn't speak Japanese I guess... plus, they're about $300 a pop!
    I wonder why Shout hasn't/won't release them... licensing? Afraid they won't sell? I would think they'd sell just as well as Victory and the others did

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    At the very least, they might be a better source of footage for fansubbers.

15. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trust me the fansub groups already have access to the DVDs of both series and the movie if they want to do them. Its unlikely shout will ever do the set as unlike the hm,mf,v dvds there isn't a source of subtitles availible to modify like it appears they did with the metrodome subs which they originally got from TV-Nihon also there is no profit to be made from the nostalgia of fans as there really is none for Beast wars II/Neo in the west. Don't get me wrong i would love full licenced subbed sets but i wouldn't hold my breath for shout to do it. We are more likely to see RID from shout before Beast wars II/Neo as that is already in dubbed in English.

16. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

You're probably right... are there any known complete fansubs out there for II/Neo and the movie?

17. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are no complete subtitles for either series at the moment. There are a few incomplete subtitle attempts but they only go up to episode 12 of II ,9 of neo and the movie. Most of the episodes where created before the DVD sets where released and as such use older video elements from VHS tapes. While not the best they are watchable. As far as i know no one is seeding the episodes at the moment on torrent sites so i think places like daily motion and you tube would be your best bet to find them. The 2 subtitle groups that have attempted to sub the series are ctenosaur video and GPTHW. There are also 2 or 3 episodes with TFRaw at the start of the file name, these where created by me translating a chinese subtitle i aquired and as such are not 100% perfect and can be skipped.

18. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Thank you so much for all your insight! Since I’ve waited this long I will wait longer... hopefully somebody will sub them completely someday, officially or fan subs

19. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

20. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Yessss Kary!