FansToys FT-23 Dracula (Masterpiece Mindwipe)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Dec 30, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He basically has the same function/specialty as Cobra's Crystal Ball in GI Joe.
    [​IMG]

Skullcruncher from FT would be awesome. I'm sure it will look better than the Toyworld version.

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he's anything like FT's Weirdwolf... utter pass.

3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Ditto, do you own FT Weirdwolf?

4. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

was just staring at the render and suddenly thought "huh, well this is more or less a retooled Soar"

that's not a bad thing or particularly surprising. it's just a thing.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    They should call Skullcruncher, "Headcrusher".

• Like Like x 3
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I am for Headshrinker and Killer Croc

7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I like FT Weirdwolf very much and I look forward to Mindwipe. And no Mindwipe does not look like a retooled Soar.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I handled one when I visited the TCP offices back when he first arrived. I liked certain things about it; the power meter, the bot mode head sculpt, the excellent paint, etc., but I couldn't get past the awful (although G1 cartoon accurate) alt mode head sculpt and the over use of diecast as well as a few other things about it. Just not my thing I guess and with the numerous other choices for things to buy this set will be a pass.

• Like Like x 1
  9. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Yea, I don't understand the hate for Lupus (other than a badly conceived name) .... I'll take a relatively blah FT fig over the QC mess of Apollyon and Eligos with Xtrans ...breakage is deal breaker for me

• Like Like x 4
  10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    PREACH brother. I think the folks who speak bad on FT Weirdwolf do so because they don't have much emotional attachment to the character which I can understand. However look how badly made Apollyon is and people still swear its the bees knees.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Well said!

12. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

It's also a figure that grows on you. When I first saw it, it was an instant pass. Then watching reviews even with some people having a sinking cock pit and his feet/ankles, it kind of grew on me. Now I really like him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I was thinking of having dual Decepticon dislplays, one centering on Megs and the other Galvatron, with the Ark crew for Megs and the Headmasters and Cyclonus/Scourge for Galvy ... prolly gna be the most epic thing I've pulled off so far as a collector .... :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Hmm....interesting we both don't like it but for different reasons, mine were as follows;

Non deal-breakers
    Lack of cover for the robot face, it's unforgivable considering it's thirty year old counterpart could do it, I was gonna give them benefit of the doubt and say it would compromise the face but then Maketoys has been able to do it.
    The choice of using grey on him - He's always appeared off-white or cream in every single incarnation of the character, it isn't something which could be up for debate like Prime's thighs, which has appeared to be white, grey or silver depending on your reference of choice.
    The torso area in wolf mode- how nothing tabs in and is just kind of there, I don't want him to look like a real wolf or anything of that sort but it just looks very unfinished.
    The bit under his feet which make him look like he's floating...so strange?

Deal breaker
    The cockpit- I'm sorry was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me, what, I'm supposed to spend all that money and rely on chance I get a good one which just stays there, doesn't lock into anything. The design choice was a just a gigantic WTF, something one would not expect from a company of FT's calibre.

This figure, both of them, look the absolute business in both modes, the finish looks superb but an accumulation of all these drawbacks eventually made it a pass.

Hate is a bit of a strong word. If you go by the Sunbow cartoon, which is the end all be all of transformers for me then I guess it's more of a case of the asking price being too high for such a z-lister with a litany of issues. For me this guy is what I refer to as a 'third wheel' character like Scourge for instance. I don't like Scourge enough to buy him on his own, unless he's knocked out the park by a reputable company. I won't buy him until I have Galvatron and Cyclonus, either of which I could buy alone I as like those characters. I'll probably get this guy if he's discounted heavily or their Mindwipe is so amazing and I get him and then have to back track!

But yeah, totally agree with you on the last part!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    ^ well said.

I agree, if I'm impressed enough by Mindwipe to purchase him, then I'll probably go back and get Lupus to complete the set. As is though, I'm not even remotely attached to Headmasters and may skip them completely (although, I will admit that Titans Return is absolutely rocking it).

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    My Sovereign, Lupus, Andras, and Swarm set are patiently waiting for this to join them.

17. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

The name make more sense than most.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Hey if anyone who has him wants rid it f him, maybe with my sales page we can work a trade? I'm very into these huge headmasters. Except I haven't listed all the Titans return figures I have. Not a fan of them anymore

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    What is it you don't like about Titans Returns anymore?

20. Deductor

Deductor Banned

They just don't interest me. 3p Masterpiece has spoiled me. Small, cheap stuff. I don't really need that fix anymore . I think I get more enjoyment from other people owning them and seeing pics