FansToys FT-23 Dracula (Masterpiece Mindwipe)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Dec 30, 2016.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Fine with me. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

No but when I messaged dalianjj back in 2016 he confirmed they were developing Skullcruncher alongside Mindwipe and Lupus at the same time. The sense that I got is that Skullcruncher should be far along now if they are bringing out Mindwipe. I have been looking forward to this for a long time, Rouge, Berserk, Mindwipe, and Skullcruncher need to be mailed to me immediately along with Hoodlum if they get around to completing him. FT killing it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    @dalianjj True?

I might be a minority here, but I tend to prefer Maketoys stuff to FansToys (both in the general sense that I tend to like my Maketoys figures better than my FansToys, and in the direct sense that I picked Maketoys Refector and Hound over FansToys'). I own an enjoy Maketoys' Hardhead and Chromedome, but I passed on Lupus due to a mix of price and issues with the wolf back staying in place on reviews. While I've still thought about picking up Lupus if I see him cheap enough, and I'd definitely be more interested in a Mindwipe (since he was my favorite Decepticon Headmaster), I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for Maketoys to do them. If MT and FT agreed to divide them up and not compete, though, I might as well stop waiting for Maketoys, pick up Lupus, and buy Mindwipe when it comes out.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Glad to see they are going ahead with Mindwipe in spite of Weirdwolf shelfwarming everywhere.
    Was a bit worried.

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Wrong. If that's the case what is MT doing with Apeface?

6. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    A Horrorcon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Still HMs though.

8. Diek Stiekem

Diek Stiekem Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see better shots :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

That was just wishful HOPING from members on this board on one of the threads that FT pushes all the decepticons first, and MT pushes all the autobots first. And MT is indeed concentrating on doing the autobots first, and this will be FT's second decepticon headmasters, so that will be to the advantage of those wanting to finish off, but doesnt mean the companies wont be doing the other side or even all of the separate factions.

That said, i can see peaceful co-existence in this case if both do continue this way, and might not be a bad idea if they did just those factions, so at least FT can continue with combiners and maybe finally tackle Astrotrain (sooner rather than later)

10. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

I think this rumor is highly unlikely for one reason.

it hasn't been confirmed.

If this was true, FT/MT would publically confirm it. That pushes the sales of the existing/new products as there wouldn't be people sitting on the fence saying "yeah this is nice, but I'll wait for FT/MT to do their version". If I knew FT was NEVER doing a Chromedome or that MT was NEVER doing a Weirdwolf, I'd try to buy up the Cupola or Lupus as soon as it made sense financially. Having this agreement while keeping it secret just loses them potential sales.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    it's not true, i specifically remember seing it when a fan mentioned it, and it might have been TigerBlade himself, but i could be wrong. As i said, just fans Hoping / Wanting that, nothing more.

12. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was probably more just that FT saw (or likely had inside info) that MT was focusing on Autobots, so they decided to work on the Decepticons. If they ever get through the Decepticons and move on to Autobots, there will be buyers again.

13. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

aye. but rumors on these boards are like zombies. right when you think everything is ok, they somehow manage to arise with new life.

14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

You are right, because I remember hearing that early last year and maybe even before that. I just don't know who said it. Somewhere deep in the Maketoys or Fanstoys threads has the answer, but that is too much to dig through. It wasn't a true confirmation, but I think whoever said it had some knowledge of the topic.

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda crazy how this characters name and product number hasn't been revealed yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't deny that is possible, but it would seem to go against the way FT normally operates. If they were thinking about what MT or anyone else is doing they seem to be more inclined towards competing directly, ie announcing Chromedome as their first Headmaster. Think about how many or their announcements have been along the lines "we are also doing such and such" that are years away with other companies pretty far along. Blitzwing, Sixshot, Trailbreaker, etc.

We do know the product number. Can't help with his name though. @dalianjj could you please share his name so we can just update the thread name once.

Pulled out the attachment for simplicity. @OriginalFire will you please add it to the first post since it is the best we have for now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the wings fold all the way back and inward so that the bot mode doesn't take up too much shelf space.

• Like Like x 2
  18. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

Makes sense but I'm going bat mode all the way. All my decepticon headmasters will be displayed in animal mode. I think their robot modes were pretty lackluster.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Standing on top of each other?

• Like Like x 3
  20. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

That's the only way to display them....

030928seibertron.jpg

• Like Like x 7