Fans Toys FT-32A-F (Masterpiece Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Did some math and omega should be around 20 inches tall, making evastayor about 19. The individual bot modes should be in scale without much issue.

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    devy compare.jpg
    He may match well with the Warbo combiner's or maybe the OS KO's, depending on his final size?

3. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    You're right, I could have worded it better. Apologies, I just got back from traveling and I'm extremely jet lagged. To clarify, I'm not saying that I find FT fans off-putting, nor do I really care if someone wants to write off every other 3P effort based on a silhouette (I'm a big believer in "do whatever you want as long as you don't bother others while you do it"). What I mean is that it puts me off of FansToys themselves. Mostly I haven't bought any of their stuff because I'm not really MPs or MP-substitutes (I'm mostly into combiners, supplemented with characters who I feel size well with the GT/Warbotron-sized combiner bots), but when FT does make something I might be interested in I'm more inclined to look at the alternatives, like Gundog over Willis.

I think it comes down to the idea that I can enjoy a specific product, I can admire a direction that a company is taking, but I don't believe that making a product I like means that I should like everything a company makes, or that making a good product is a guarantor that the next product will be good (or at least, so good that I can dismiss competing products out of hand). I don't believe that companies are owed loyalty, and I'm mistrustful of companies that inspired that kind of devotion. You could take everything I'm saying about FansToys and apply it to Apple; I didn't stop hanging out with my best friend just because he's bought (seriously) every version of the iPhone.

So like I said, for the people that want and have been wanting a FT Devy I'm glad this is getting made. I hope it lives up to FT's lofty reputation. As a combiner fan I'm even curious to see how it shakes out, but I don't see myself clearing shelf space for it any time soon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying and it's not really something I care about one way or the other, but I'm curious why you would be untrusting of the company due to their fans?

5. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

This is what I came up with as well. Omega is roughly 20" from head to toe and about 23" to the top of his track. Devastator in the stance they have him posed in is about 18.5". He doesn't seem to be standing straight up, so he may be closer to 19"-20" in just a straight up and down stance.

I have the toyworld devy and he is 20" head to toe, so if this one is shorter, it doesn't appear it will be by much.

Looking forward to seeing the actual figures themselves, and maybe Dalianjj will let us know the actual size of this and FT-20 in the near future.

6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have any of Giga's stuff, either. I don't have any Dinobots, actually, but if/when I get some it'll probably be ToyWorld or GCreations, because combining is more appealing to me than G1 accuracy.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say untrusting, per se... I mean, FT (and Apple) wouldn't have the fans that they do if they didn't make a good product. More like wary of getting caught up in some kind of groupthink. I'm just not the kind of person who can get excited about a product just because it's from a particular company. So I'm not really saying I'd never buy anything from FT but I have an extra need to evaluate their competition. I may even been a little harder on FT and a little more forgiving of said competition, like if I were going to buy MP Insecticons I might lean a little more toward the Badcube ones than I would if it were Badcube vs someone like MMC even if MMC's Insecticons were the exact same thing as FT's (although it's hard to say for sure, since the only toy I've been eyeing that really goes up against an FT toy is Gundog, and that's because MP cars happen to be roughly the same size as a combiner limb and therefore fit in with my collection, and I don't think I'm giving Maketoys a pass so much as I really prefer the toy colors).

7. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

Hmm.. your 2 Primes don't seem in scale. I modified your picture, hope you don't mind :) 

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, or maybe I am just really, really hoping this is actually correct :D , but here's what I got.

ft devy.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Also remember that the FT pic is from a lower angle, so it will look like Prime comes up slightly higher on Omega than he probably does.

9. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Well, I can understand the groupthink aversion and kinda have a natural bias against apple as well. That's at least partially based in their products being over hyped for what you actually get.
    When I see FT making something, I know from my past experience that their aesthetics are in line with my tastes and the feel of the product in my hand is satisfying. I assume that new product X will follow suit. Most of that scepticism I have with announced releases that I would say "hope it's not crappy" are eased when I see FT as a result. If that makes me a FT fanboy oh well. This doesn't mean if they start putting out crap I won't walk away. TT is proof of that. A few burned fingers with them and now they get the "yeah, we'll see" attitude.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp, this means my TFC Hercules is on borrowed time. I'll be selling it once FT Devy drops. Glad to see that FT is not only doing Headmasters, minibots, but now combiners/gestalts!!
    The qc horror stories kept me away from TW Devy. FT Devy will be MP Scale and unlike Green Giant and Gravity Builder, FT Devy and its individual bots will be finely detailed g1 toon accurate figures. I can't wait.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Yep, I think this one is spot on.

12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

I must say that I thought about buying TW Constructor v2 since I missed out on v1. But only if they will implement the rumored small changes to make some head sculpts more toon accurate. If this comes together, I won't hold off and will not wait until 2020 for FT Devastator.

13. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

tw n prime.jpg I just posted this pic in the constructor thread. I would like for someone who has constructor and mp 10 to take a few pics to get this size thing right.From what I see, a few of these pics may be designed to make constructor look larger . Don't get my wrong, he looks enormous. But an inch in height is more than enough to sway most buyers..

14. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Looks can be deceiving. Omega is just a render and the group shot in front may be scaled wrong. Or maybe it's just to see our reaction to size.

15. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

Omega is a prototype painted gray.
    TFCon-Chicago-2016-288.jpg

16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Transformission Menasor is smaller but still is "MP scaled" with a IDW aesthetic (He looks fantastic)... Menasor can't grow as tall as TW Devastator because they can't "cheat" so easily with him, almost everything (carbots, hips, etc) have to be replaced for Menasor to reach those new standars...

Maybe is ok to say tha a MP combiners are just the sum of his components... Devastator being the biggest (six bots)

I like the FT Devastator, he has similar proportion to Gravity builder

17. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The size isn't a big deal for me, because of two reasons
    1. I think it's only a silhouette of a 2D drawing, not a prototype. If I had the time I could probably do a google search and find it. I think it gives a good idea as to the size they are going for.
    2. I'm not getting FT's Omega Surpreme so it doesn't matter if he theoretically comes up short next to OS.

My reasoning for thinking it's a drawing is that FT has done it before, with their silhouettes of Cyclonus and Scourge. If they actually had a prototype, why not show it off? I think it's still in the designing stages.

If not, and it actually is a physical prototype, then they must have been working on this for a while.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  18. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a render, it's a prototype.

19. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Quoting this from the FT Omega thread, referring to said figure:

Based on that, I'd peg this Dev as perhaps about the same height as Constructor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Did anyone physically see it or just from tbe slide? I'm just saying I can do the same with 3d Studio Max. But, if it is a prototype...it's a little too small. The shin part of the legs should be longer. Thanks for the reply.