Fanstoys FT-17 Hoodlum (Masterpiece Hot Rod)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

There will be a Rodimus by Fanstoys. He has already said they are making every character, we just to have patience.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear you. I passed on the official MP-28 as I don't feel it is worth the cost. Just for giggles I may grab the KO MP28 as a low cost option once it hits Ebay for around $30 shipped to hold me over till Hoodlum is available. Who knows, the way KOs are going these days, it just may very well have better quality than the official version...similar to what we experienced with KO MP25 Tracks.

I feel confident that FT will do a Rodiums. They're doing all these movie/season 3 Autobots plus Galvatron and his movie/s3/s4/Rebirth Headmaster troops. It wouldn't make sense to not do Rodimus. After all the MP size Rodimus void still exists given the issues with MP09 and Carry being based on Studio Ox design rather than 100% G1.

I picked up one of those factory loose but complete MP09s a little over a year ago rather than spring for a MISB version. In most cases it is an improvement but it's not a 100% improvement.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Personally I loved my MP-28 when I first got him, but he was my first MP and now I have most of the rest he sticks out pretty badly. And he has a few drawbacks like the flat hood/chest and some overall proportions.

I still really like the figure, and I'm fine with him being my "Hot Rod", but what I'd really like is a full "heroic proportions" Rodimus Prime that actually transforms into the futuristic winnebago mode. Like DX9's Carry, which I'm thinking of getting, but closer to the main MP line aesthetics.

Carry looks like a fantastic figure but I'm a little concerned he won't "fit" in the lineup in robot mode, aesthetically speaking. Also I wish it had some way of flipping the arms like MP-28 has so I could have the wheels on the back of the arms instead of the front (cartoon accurate vs toy accurate mode).

4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that's no longer true.
    Seem to recall that ChromeMagnus, who posted just after you, has had confirmation from dalianjj that FT aren't doing Windcharger? And I would be surprised if they'll bother to revisit Soundwave. They also made it clear the only reason they did Grimlock was because the fans demanded it.
    The comment that FT will do everyone was made several years ago long before the 3P scene became so crowded and competitive.
    FT are almost certainly weighing up each and every character to determine whether it will be profitable to proceed.
    Having said that, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with MP-09's QC and DX9 Carry is way off G1 so if Hoodlum is a success, I would hope Rodimus would also get the tick.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could definitely see Fans Toys making a Rodimus if Hotrod sells well.

6. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Man, one can only hope that FT can reach Takara-levels of screen accuracy, especially when it comes to color consistency. Those lush magentas! The bicep swivels really come alive in alt mode. [​IMG]

...now where did that button go that turns the text blue? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Yes, dalianjj confirmed no windcharger. That being said, they are working on Hot Rod, Kup, Springer and Arcee, in addition to having just put out a Galvatron. An eventual RP, Magnus, Cyclonus and Scourge wouldn't surprise me. But even if that's the case, with all they already have on their schedule, we'd be in for a long wait.

8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Not to argue because I do agree with you on most of this, however I used to work at a glass shop for 20 years. ALL auto glass is tinted. Domestic cars are tinted green and foreign cars (mostly older 80's-90's versions) are a light blue. It's even in the part coding to let you know what color it is when you order one. Like a Ford F-150 is a DW01256GBY. (D=Domestic W=Windshield 01256 G=Green w/ B=Blue shade Y=bonded parts or trim). Most foreigns are BBY or BTY which is blue with a shade or without.

Take a piece of white paper to any car out there and hold it up to one side of the glass and look at it from through the other side of the glass and you'll see the color tint. However, as you said, it's VERY light.

Totally useless information for your Monday morning... Now you all know....and knowing is half the battle! GI Joe! (Aw crap...wrong forum for that). :D 

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Deductor

Deductor Banned

I see weijiang is possibly taking on a modded version of mp28.

10. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? Where did you hear that?

If true, oversized?

11. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh. MP-28 is too far gone. MP-09 or start again from scratch

13. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ill wish 3p make a new rodimus prime with trailer..

• Like Like x 1
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I wouldn't write it off so fast, looks like it won't be a straight Mp28 figure.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Agreed. Weijiang doing some awesome mods, less blocky chest, skinnier back kibble, wheels in shins. And if the OS it, sweet Prime almighty.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see some people buying Hoodlum for bot mode and the KO MP-28 for altmode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BeastConvoy

BeastConvoy Well-Known Member

All i want to know is where are the official FansToys photos and pre order information? It usually doesnt take this long after weve seen a prototype..

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if preorders go up this week.

20. Trumpimus

Trumpimus Banned

Height on this?