Fanstoys FT-17 Hoodlum (Masterpiece Hot Rod)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Nov 15, 2015.

1. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    DAMN!

Suck it Kobayashi & TT! This is how your MP Hot Rod is supposed to look in both modes!!!:D :rock  I know TT was all about making the hood form the chest like in the Movie TF sequence, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that when it comes to a toy, I don't give a fu@k if the hood becomes the chest or not, as long as it looks perfect and bad ass in both modes! WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT, TAKARA???

Sorry guys, it's just that Hot Rod is my fave TF of all time, and I'm still a little bitter about the lackluster V2 version from TT :banghead: 

2. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Don't worry, I feel that way about ironhide. We expect a lot from TT, since they've given us some awesome figures, but when they drop the ball on a favorite it really stings.

3. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The render looks good, but I'll wait to see if they can actually pull it off in toy form. I'll still get the official, because it's official, but if they can pull off the toy looking like that, then I would say that the 3P was looks better.

4. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow...in robot mode its night and day..So much better than the official.In vehicle mode it seems to have sits!

5. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Um Yeah...time for me to cancel my Takara preorder. Takara needs to go back to their old designer. This new guy is making it too easy for 3rd party.

6. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not as high on this face sculpt (I know it's just a render and that can change) as I am on the one in their Galvatron.

For price reasons if there's an official version I go with that, but for those who prefer FT (and I know there are a lot of people who do, by far,) FT's renowned quality should make this an easy buy for many. Pretty sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  7. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

That's what I'm wondering, I can see if those were prototype pics, but they're just renders, and not even the greatest ones. There are things off in them as well that would need to be addressed even for the prototype stage to happen.

Sorry, but I'll be waiting for that stage before I yay or nay these things.

8. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly. renders don't always equate to how they look in physical form. for all those that are praising the fake chest because it makes it look better are probably the same people who complain about ramjet's fake head

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    The third party MP figures aren't much more than the official ones these days, especially for the cars.

10. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is interesting, revealing this now makes me think they are actually competing with TT?

11. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

I would hope the van brothers would be designed better and not done to rival them.. not so sure they would look good just rivaling ;) 

As for this Hot Rod, I must say the robot mode is far closer match to the proportions of the other MP robot modes then the oddly proportioned Takara design (even if I am buying the Takara one anyway >.>)

12. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I think they've seen enough displeasure with the official that they think they can address some of those issues and sell say 10-20k units with reasonable confidence.

13. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

ok I have my issues with Sovereign but this looks fantastic!! This figure has a better looking robot mode then the official MP offering and the expected FT build quality will seal the deal. Excellent work, i'm really diggin this.

14. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not cancelling my Hot Rod PO yet, heck if anything set him up with Daniel for the fishing hole and still get to wait a year before FT gets theirs out.

15. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Really? I can't see much difference in robot mode. It seems to have the same conversion, too. The car mode looks better.

I love FansToys (LOVE!), but they cancelled their Soundwave - which was past the gray resin stage - out of "respect" for the official one, and they've altered their Grimlock in horrible ways to differentiate it from the official one, yet they're going to release this AFTER the official TT release, without changing much, even though this is only at a render stage?

Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Why does their Skyfire keep getting pushed back? We won't see it from FansToys in the next two years, if ever. I wish they'd concentrate on figures that we won't see from TT (especially Skyfire), instead of going head-to-head with the same characters, especially when there appears to be little to no improvement. However, if they could make an Ironhide and Ratchet better than the official ones (if anyone can, it's FansToys), there will be a LOT of people dumping theirs.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  16. Other

Other Well-Known Member

Vehicle mode proportions are all wrong and the fake hood chest piece is distressingly thin

• Like Like x 1
  17. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Was definitely surprised in seeing this announcement tonight. I hope it's official, because we might have hope for FT doing IH and Ratchet then. Hopefully we can get a confirmation soon.

18. UltraGalvatron1

UltraGalvatron1 General Kenobi, you are a bold one.

I think Takara's looks better...

19. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some comparison pics plz :) 

20. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

nah, me either. It's way too early to determine if I'll definitively like FT's offering better (although I do see things I like), and in any case, if this comes out in time for next Christmas(2016)... I'll be a little surprised. After all FT needs to do Quakewave, Stomp, Spotter, Mercenary, Forager and Willy before we get this guy. 2017 wouldn't surprise me at all.