FansToys FT-15 Willis (Masterpiece Hound)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I can see TT doing a Galvatron somewhere down the line, but it's probably going to be years if at all. As for Hound, I have doubts there will ever be an official, for the same reason I have doubts TT ever does another minibot: scale. Seekers and MP-10 notwithstanding, they seem to be all about scaling alt modes with their carbots and, in order to scale Hound appropriately his bot mode would be a lot shorter than the rest. Willis is a fantastic figure, and the only thing I think TT could improve upon is the transformation. But if you take a look at Willis in alt mode next to the other carbots, he's bigger than he should be. That is to say, he's about the same size as the others, when in actuality his alt mode should be smaller. I'm glad FT tweaked alt mode scale to keep bot mode scale consistent, but I don't think TT would be willing to do that.

Of course, now that I've said that, expect an official Hound to be announced later today...

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2017-8-21_18-13-33.jpeg
    Bingo.
    I remember folks were claiming that Takara would be doing the rest of the dinobots and that FT dinos would be obsolete. I clearly see that there are some that don't like certain FT items in favor of TT versions (that are pure speculation at this point) because they are losing faith in XTB/KFC. But to act like there's a crystal ball telling them that most people will sell off their Willis and other FT items IF Takara does their version is wishful thinking at best. I'd put that predictive ability to far better use and play the lotto. I'm still waiting for the scores and scores of used Quakewave's to hit Ebay ever since Takara's MP Shockwave dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    ...whuh? If any of the cars are the same scale, I'd be shocked. They're all roughly the same size, with scale thrown right out the window. Otherwise Wheeljack would be tiny, Ironhide would be smaller, etc. I've seen the snickering in the official-only threads about "Big Willy," but in reality a TT Hound is going to be nearly as big, and it's going to look just as out of place next to the rest of the cars.

4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't get me wrong, I think both Galvatron and Hound are good candidates for TT, and I hope we do see them someday. But nobody knows the future, and there are other reasons we might not see them. MPs could take a downturn in sales for example and be cut back (I'm surprised that a line based on characters from 30 years ago has carried on so long already - most of us have put ten or more years into it and we're not getting any younger). Or TT themselves could suffer company problems or collapse and have to stop against their will. And let's not contemplate the possibilities that current international tensions could escalate to!

But really, none of that is the point. I don't really see any good reason not to own these figures, and they will maintain pride of place until officials are confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That already happened

6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean the ones going for $75;) 

7. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
  8. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    When I say scores most would agree that would mean far more than just 3. We're not talking about used g1 TF accessories from the 1980s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    You're making a lot of sense here.

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    but of course.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You should've looked after he was revealed there was probably more then.

Im still waiting for all the cheap sunsurges since hes such a "dumpsterpiece"

13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blue text is key.

14. Chrackalakis

Chrackalakis Astrotrain Engineer

Ebay:
    Yeah, where is franpincho to remind us how silly we are to collect something he doesn't like. :) 

On topic I'm not sure when and if TT will make a Hound, but don't really care at this point as I think Willis is fantastic. And I'm glad I picked him up when I did before he got so scarce.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I could be wrong. I usually gauge scale on the alt modes by comparing cabin size. As in, looking at what size "human" would fit in the seats of the alt mode. Doing it that way, most of the carbots are roughly the same size (maybe scale wasn't the right word). Also doing it that way, Willis is way too big to be considered the same rough scale. Again, not the most scientific method, just how I look at it.

It doesn't detract from Willis in the slightest, in my opinion. He's one of FT's best, and I can't imagine an official doing that much better at matching aesthetics in either mode. My point was just that, using my admittedly unscientific scale comparison method, a TT Hound would have to be smaller in alt mode than Willis is to match the existing official scale, and that would make the bot mode way too short.

16. Chrackalakis

Chrackalakis Astrotrain Engineer

Ebay:
    Not only did I understand what you meant I use the same "unscientific scale comparison method" myself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know the transformations are different, but if you can get a taller bot like Swindle from a Willis size jeep, you could downsize the jeep and still get a carbot size robot. Another example is MP Hot Rod.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I saw a Willys the other day on a trailer at a Love's. He wouldn't be no more than 7 feet tall in robot mode. Bumblebee would be bigger.

19. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I really like the height of Willis (however he is spelled). With all of the Nisans, Wheeljack, and the Lamborghinis being exactly the same height, and then the jump to Ironhide and Ratchet, it is nice to have a bot that bridges these two heights. It makes my Ark-bot collection look more natural, than just having height steps.

20. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I know I always collect plastic toys in hopes of selling them for profit moments before the bottom falls out of the market. That $60 cash flow....whew what a head rush. It's like being a wall street wolf only not.

• Like Like x 4